27th March 2013, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Airman? What is the minimum height required for Airman

I am Rajiv. I want to become an airman but my hight is avg so please help me.I am studying in 12th. Iwant to know what is the minimum hight for Airman

21st August 2015, 02:10 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Airman? What is the minimum height required for Airman

To become an Airman the first step is to apply against the vacancies declared from time to time in the leading news papers making it sure that you full fill all the basic and specific requirements of the job/trade applying for.

As it is only after checking all eligibility wise application forms that one will receive an Admit Card that will contain all the relevant details like the date, time and venue of your examination.

The subjects tested on will depend on the trade you have applied for.

There will be written test the subjects of which depends upon the trade one is selected for.

Technical Streams Four papers -

English,

Mathematics,

Science

and Intelligence

and General Awareness.

Non-Technical/MTD Streams -

English

and Intelligence

and General Awareness.

The examination is based on the CBSE (X/XII) syllabus

Followed by an interview after the examination.

After clearing the written test one has to go through a medical examination conducted by a Medical Officer of the Armed Forces.

In which one is either declared 'Fit' or 'Unfit' or 'Temporarily Medically Unfit' (TMU).

On successfully clearing the selection process the name of the candidate will feature in the All India Merit List displayed at the Airmen Selection Centres, where the tests were conducted.

Eligibility Condition for Combatant Group 'X'(Technical Trade):-

Educational Qualification -

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with English, Mathematics and Physics wih a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board.

Age -

Age should be between 16 years to 22 years depending upon the trade.

Marital Status -

Only unmarried Male candidates.

Nationality -

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Only male candidates are eligible to join Indian Air Force as Airman.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?