17th February 2011, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?

I am yoganand.I am currently pursuing by B.E degree in mechanical engg.(third year).I want to prepare for cds and want to join indian airforce.So I need help in preparing for this exam.How should i prepare for it and suggest me good books for this exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  2. How to prepare for CDS to join the Indian Air Force for B.Tech student?
  3. Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Which books to refer for Air Force Common Entrance Test?
  5. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Is 12th standard compulsory to enter in Indian Air Force? Are we not eligible for Indian Air Force after SSC and after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  8. How to prepare for NDA Exam from 9th Class to become an Officer in Indian Air Force? Which Books to prepare for this? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  9. Any job opportunity for me in IAF after doing graduation in BHU?
  10. Procedure to join Indian air force after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  11. How to join Indian Airforce after B.E. in Electrical Engineering? Tips to prepare for the exam?
  12. Can I join Air force after completing mechanical engineering
  13. Procedure to become an Indian Air Force Officer after Mechanical Engineering? How to get admission in Air Force as Women Candidate?
  14. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join Indian Air Force after doing 3rd year B.E in mechanical engineering
  16. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  18. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
18th February 2011, 12:23 AM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am yoganand.I am currently pursuing by B.E degree in mechanical engg.(third year).I want to prepare for cds and want to join indian airforce.So I need help in preparing for this exam.How should i prepare for it and suggest me good books for this exam.
hello yoganand...

well i am also pursuing b.tech and telling you from the experience of my friends (M.E)who appeared in for the entrance exam for air force.

In the paper all the subjects of your stream are covered. So you should have the basic knowledge of all the subjects you have studied so far.

Moreover all the three wings of defense service conduct their selection twice a year. Sometimes a written test or direct call for interviews or GDs are the basic modes of selection which decides the entry into second round of selection procedure which is SSB.

EKT IAF paper requires technical knowledge.

Also refer to the following books:
1)H.C VERMA vol 1 & 2

2)quantitative aptitude by R.S aggarrwal

good luck
5th March 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?

how can one prepare for indian air force who is in b.tech EC 4th semester???
25th March 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?

i manisha wants to go in air force...im final yr mechanical students...
i want to know ,how i cn get job in air force.?
plz give me proper guidance...
15th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

nameste...
I m ajit. Doing engg. [T.E. (mech)]. How should I prepare for UPSC while studying engineering? Please guide.....
19th September 2011, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir iam santosh. I studing 2b.tect mechanical if i should. Complete my degreee how to get in india airforce machanist.sir please tell me.
17th January 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Electricall Engineering? Which books to refer?
13th February 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Electrical Engineering? Which books to refer?
13th February 2012, 06:05 PM
ross4412
Member+

Preparation detail for IAF entrance test :- Indian Air Force entrance exam conduct the I.A.F Airman test for getting jobs in Defence.Airman exam invited to all male and female candidates.

Indian Air Force provide the programme twice in a year The programme starts from January to June and July to december conducted by central department of Airman.

Eligibility criteria for IAF test are following as :

>>> Only unmarried male candidates attempt IAF Test.

>>> Your age must be between 16 to 21 years in the year of Examination.

>>> The main eligibility criteria for the test is the pass in the graduation degree in Science or Art stream with minimum 50% is needed in qualifying examination.

The pattern of IAF examination will be objective type and questions are totally multiple choice .The questions are asked from general awareness ,mathematics and english.

You required to follow syllabus of the IAF Airman are described below :

1) Complex Number

2) Probability

3) Areas and Volumes

4) Multiple intergral

You can also follow some reference books for Mathematics section,Common awareness and English section are :

>>> R.D Sharma

>>> Oswal

>>> Wren & Martin

>>> R.S Agarwal

Regard
7th March 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare indian air force entrance examinations?
17th March 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i am Iftikhar hussain currently pursuing my btech aeronutical engineering.I need comolete information that how i will prepare or what are the methods to crash the IAF exam.Sir i am very very intrested in air force.actually i am from Jammu&Kashmir...
26th June 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Can female candidates apply for Ground duty branch in IAF in AFCET Exam 2012?
6th July 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

what kind of entrance exam we are suppose to clear to get officer rank in indian air force?
2nd February 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

hey
my name is Baljeet singh and I'm student of btech 1st year in cse and I want to be a part of indian air force so please suggest me what to do n how should I prepare for it??
16th June 2013, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

hi...sir I have one question...I have number in my eyes...but if I will do lasik surgery for it so I can eligible for that? because by that I will also get vision which is required for iaf officer...please give me reply sir...
26th October 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i was commerce background student, did BBA and then after MBA in marketing and ib. I am keenly intersted to do iaf course. plz help me h'w cn i apply.
22nd May 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I am Abhinav Bhardwaj `I read in std 10th &give me some tips to prepare NDA airforce and whose books are Best for this exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?