14th April 2013, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

How to become an Army officer?

I went to becme army officer but i din't maths in this exam what subject need

14th April 2013, 08:02 AM
kunwar khurmi
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to become an Army officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hlo...... if want to be a good ranking officer then you could approach for NDA examination held twice a year but it has some age limits in it and also you have to clear your secondary examination with maths with 60%.

or you can join military engineering services after having B.Tech. degree.

or you can directly get yourself in army through enrollment carried on the basis of trials held up by army officials.
all the best , join army and be the pride of nation.
14th April 2013, 09:58 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an Army officer?

To become an Army Officer, one has to crack NDA(National Defence Academy) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Navy and Air Force along with Indian Army.

To join Indian Army one need not have Mathematics as candidate from any stream can apply for NDA after 12th.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written Exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2013, 11:18 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hello Aspirant,

National Defence Academy exam is conducted twice in a year by UPSC in order to get admission for Army,Navy & Air force course of three years & after special training is given in the respective wings of Air Force,Army & Navy.Then the concerned candidates are posted as an officer in the respective wings.

Eligibility : The candidates should be passed in plus two or appearing in the final exam of plus two may also apply for the exam.The candidates who have physics & mathematics paper in plus are eligible for all the three wings otherwise the candidates who have no math. & physics i.e Arts & commerce candidates can join Army wings after success in NDA.

Age:- 6.5 to 19 years as on 1st January of 1st July of the subsequent year of the exam.

So you are eligible to write NDA of UPSC in order to ba an Army officer on conditions with fulfillment of the criteria of the exam.

Good luck.
14th April 2013, 11:58 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an Army Officer one has to do it in two ways - one after 12th standard through cracking NDA and other after Graduation through cracking CDS entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

NDA - National Defence Academy - The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

CDS - Combined Defence Service - The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical Fitness.

There is no need of Mathematics as subject of studies in 12th or in Graduation to apply for Indian Army.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2013, 07:42 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

[B]Dear Friend,

To become an Army Officer , you need to pass the NDA Examination. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Examiantion.

The NDA Examination is conducted in three phases and you need to pass all the three phases if you want to become an Army Officer.

The Qualifications Required in NDA Exam to become an Army Officer are :

* You must have passed 12th in any stream from any recognized board.

* Candidates appearing in 12th are also eligible.

* The Age Limit for NDA Exam is 16.5-19 years.

* only male candidates who are unmarried can sit in the NDA Exam.

* The candidates must have Indian Nationality.

Since , you do not like Maths , so you can appear in the NDA Exam if you want to become an Army officer from any stream.

The Another Option For You To become an Army Officer is the Combined Defense Services Examination. This Examination is also conducted twice every year by the UPSC.

The Minimum educational qualification for CDS Exam is graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

The Age Limit for the CDS Exam is 18-24 years.

So , you can go for any of the two exams for which you are completely eligible.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.[/B]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?