18th November 2010, 08:45 PM
rw39740

How to become an astronaut?

respected sir,I'm the student of 2nd year BSc and aimed to be an astronaut.Tell me the exact path after BSc OR MSc.

22nd November 2010, 03:43 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an astronaut?

Yes, you can become an astronaut but for that you must attain the following degrees also as the condition to become an astronaut is as under-
Aspirants who wish to become Astronauts needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in biological science, engineering, mathematics or physical science from a recognized university. They then need to obtain any one of the following degrees from renowned institutes like IISC or IIT.
After graduation, the candidates can appear for the entrance exam which is held by the NASA for the recruitment of Scientists, Astronauts etc. Candidates can also find employment in ISRO. There are many openings in ISRO which is conducted for the recruitment of Scientists and Engineers. In order to join the ISRO, the candidates need to clear the Joint Entrance Exam set by the IIT’s.
After Bsc or Msc you can also do phd & can go for the research work.
22nd November 2010, 09:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

To become an astronaut is not a easy task. Just maintain an excellent academic record in your undergraduate and graduate studies.

Choose biology, chemistry, physics, aerospace engineering and mathematics subjects in your bacholar degree.

After that, just apply for NASA test, if you have clear this exams, and they have accepted your application form, then you are in for another two years of training in Houston, during which time NASA will prepare you for your career as an astronaut.

But, if you want to get more detail regading NASA, then please read the given attach files -
Attached Files
File Type: docx How to become an astronauts.docx(21.1 KB, 123 views)
16th December 2010, 10:39 AM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw39740 View Post
respected sir,I'm the student of 2nd year BSc and aimed to be an astronaut.Tell me the exact path after BSc OR MSc.
Its really a good idea to become an astronaut.
You should have have strong basics in physics and mathematics.

Many institutes are providing astronautical courses. Top reputed institutes are in bangalore and rajasthan.

You should have strong basics in astro physics and particle physics.
You can even join astronautical even after B.Sc if your background subjects are physics and mathematics.

Even IIST is providing Integrated astronautical courses. You can directly join M.Sc astronautical courses.

Astronautical courses definitely have a good future.
3rd May 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is chetan sharma i have clear 12th. Now i am interested in research line like research on stones of the other planets in astronotical space eng. So pls give me advice about its aentrance exam and bst gov. Colleges in india. Thnk u sir for listen my reqest and pls rply
13th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to become an astronaut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw39740 View Post
Respected sir,i have 45% in h.s.c.& i want to become an astronaut engineer.for that what i do after B.Sc.?
12th May 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is zarna pathak. i have clear 12th now.i have taken biology.now i am interested in nuclear physics.so can i apply in it? and i want your guidance about entrance exams and collages in india.thank you for listen my request and plz reply soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?