3rd October 2012, 02:27 PM
madhan G.k.

How to become a Police Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation in B.Tech IT?

i want to became a police officer.i was completed my graduation B.tech IT

5th October 2012, 10:33 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Police Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation in B.Tech IT?

Graduation is the minimum qualification for the post of Police officer in State service. Along with graduation you can apply for the post of Sub Inspector of Police. Recruitment is carried out on the basis of screening test as well as physical test conducted by state service commissions. 21 years is the minimum age limit Upper age limit is 35 years.
6th October 2012, 09:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Police Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation in B.Tech IT?

The best option for you according to me is IPS. You should apply for Indian Police Service. This is what I suggest especially to Engineering graduates. To do so you will have to appear for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

IPS officer is not considered as law enforcement officer. The responsibilites of the IPS officer include providing security cover the VIP personalities. He/She also has to bust drug and human trafficking in the region.

IPS officer also plays important role during the riot like situation. He/She has to attend meetings in which top state officials are present and orders are given out to curb the violence.

IPS officer also plays role in anti terrorism operation. Although it is not done on the large scale but IPS officer do take part of operations along with BSF and CRPF in the areas with international border and naxal affected regions.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Limit

1. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

2. Upper age is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

3. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Physical Requirements

Height:

Male: 165 cm for General and 160 cm for ST.

Female: 150 cm for General and 145 cm for ST.

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

No color blindness or night blindness

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - No limits
6th October 2012, 11:38 AM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes You Can become a Police Officer and yes the graduates are fully eligible for the exam and as you are also a graduate so you can apply for the police exam and it depends on you if you want to apply for the Ranks Like sub inspector or Inspector than you can appear in the exams conducted by the local state government or even go for the Delhi Police exam for which the age required is 20-25 and same for CBI Too

But if you want to become a Officer and good rank officer like IPS Or DSP And SP Than you have to write the civil services exam which is conducted by the upsc department every year and for the exam the candidate should be pass in the graduation from a recognized Indian university

Education Qualification:

>> The Candidate should be pass in the graduation from a recognized university

>> Or either pass in any equivalent degree

Age Limits :

>> The age of the candidate should be 21 to 30

>> The age for the ph candidates should be 21 to 40

>> The age of the obc candidates should be 21 to 33

>> The Age of the sc,st candidate should be 21 to 35

Citizen:

>> India

Attempts :

>> Their is unlimited attempts allowed for the sc,st

>> Their is 4 general attempts

>> Their is 7 attempts for the obc

Best of luck
29th October 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th can i become police officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?