17th January 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for government/semi government job after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

i am eight semestar/complited B-Tech. courcein civil engg. in rvd univesity. Now can i appear in govt/semi govt. job.? AND can aproved?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a job in government section after completing diploma in civil engineering
  2. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  3. How to get Government job after completing Civil Engineering?
  4. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  5. What are the exams which will help to get a government job after completing civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to get a government job after completing diploma in civil engineering with 86%
  7. How to get high paying government job immediately after completing graduation in B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  8. What should I do to get a government job while I am doing 3rd year B.E Civil Engineering course? -- [New]
  9. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  10. How to complete degree along with Government job after completing Civil diploma course?
  11. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  12. Am I eligible for Government jobs if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  13. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  14. Government jobs available for Civil Engineer? Chances of getting job in Abroad?
  15. How can I get government job after completing diploma in civil engineering
  16. Which job will be available for freshers after B.Tech in government sector for girls? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering student
  17. How to start B.Tech after completing diploma in civil engineering
  18. Can I apply for government job after completing diploma in civil engineering
3rd October 2012, 03:32 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Thumbs up Re: How can I appear for government/semi government job after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Dear aspirant,
Civil Engineering is one of the booming fields in engineering.

It has a lot of opportunities in government sectors also apart from the private companies.
Let me tell you the basic facts related to government jobs.

In order to appear for the government jobs you have to appear for the all India entrance exams.

SSC- Junior engineer
RRB- junior and sectional engineer

Tough entrances:
GATE
Indian engineering services(IES) conducted by the UPSC

With the help of GATE you can apply for big public sector companies.
GATE score is too much valuable in different core companies.

At the same time IES where very less members do appear for this exam.

I think above two exams are best to prepare.
It can change your life.

GATE entrance is one of the toughest entrance being conducted by IIT’s.
So, the preparation level should be of that category.
The selection of best study material and your concepts will play a great role in deciding your rank in this exam.
Generally, students try to get M.Tech seats in IIT’s.
For that you need to score minimum 50/100.
Because many a students will opt for jobs directly so the many toppers won’t join M. Tech.
Work hard and chase your dream.

3rd year is the perfect time to start your preparation for GATE entrance because by now your GATE syllabus will be covered.

At the same time the no. of aspirants appearing for IES is low which may be around 7000.

So, you can compete with them .
The only difference is apart from objective papers there will be theory papers called as conventional papers.
General studies will be a part of this exam.
I BELIEVE IES CAN BE CLEARED EASILY IF YOU LAY IMPORTANCE ON ITS PREPARATION.

General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.

Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?