11th September 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for NET exam after passing B.Com?

i am b.com graduate now persuing m.com.how can i appear in net exam,what is the scope after doing m.com?should i give net before completing my m.com?

5th October 2012, 01:36 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear for NET exam after passing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am b.com graduate now persuing m.com.how can i appear in net exam,what is the scope after doing m.com?should i give net before completing my m.com?
NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is one of the famous examination for those who are interested to become Lecturer in some top colleges, after passing NET examination, you are certified by UGC Provisionally to become Lecturer and any colleges will gives you good salary package, In now a days many private universities select NET qualified candidate for the lectureship post. If your aim is to become lecturer then you can apply for this examination.

The examination is conducted in June and December every year and this year June examination was already completed. If you are pursuing your final year post graduate degree course then you are eligible for NET Examination, you have to scored minimum 55% marks to apply for NET Examination.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for NET Examination. There is no maximum age limit for lectureship post. But if you can apply for Junior research fellowship post then your age should not be more than 28 years, the examination is objective.

There is no negative marking in the examination and there are 3 papers in this examination and you have to passed in each one of the paper.

You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of your Post graduation, the syllabus and pattern available in the official website, So please complete your post graduation or apply when if you are pursuing final year of course, for more details check official website.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
7th December 2012, 12:58 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NET after completing M.Com. Masters degree with 55% marks is the qualification required for NET. There is no upper age limit for the exam. The lower age limit specified is 19 years. UGC website will give you additional details regarding the same.
8th December 2012, 06:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After passing B.Com. it is not possible to appear for NET as the minimum qualification for this is Post Graduation.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC twice every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) from a recognised University. There is no upper age restriction to those applying for Lectureship but the the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to www.ugc.ac.in
28th February 2013, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for NET exam in june after giving M.Com previous exams. is there any limit to number of time we can appear in NET exam
28th February 2013, 08:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for NET exam in june after giving M.Com previous exams. is there any limit to number of time we can appear in NET exam
You can appear in the UGC conducted NET exams as many times as you want.
There is no cap to apply.

YES, you can give the UGC NET exam in June 2013
Forms are expected to be released in the month of March 2013 or april 1st week 2013

Eligibilty to apply for the UGC NET exams are:
Post Graduation pass
Final year post Graduation students can also apply

55% marks has to be scored in aggregate in Post graduation by all candidates who belong to General and OBC category
50% for candidates who are from SC/ST category

Since you are doing M.COM you can appear in the subject COMMERCE

Net exams has three papers and all are in the objective mode only
28th February 2013, 10:09 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)) for postgraduate students.
This exam is conducted to determine the eligibity of lecturership.

UGC conducts the NET exam twice in a year, once in the month of june and second time in the month of December.

Eligibility:-

~You should have post graduation degree. It could be in any stream but from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission.
~Your percentage in PG course should be at least 55 percent.
~Reserve category students are eligible for 5 percent relaxation as made mandatory by central government.
~Final year students of master course may also apply.
~There is no age limit for Lectureship.
~You can appear for NET Exam as many times as you like.

thank you...................................
28th February 2013, 10:10 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)) for postgraduate students.
This exam is conducted to determine the eligibity of lecturership.

UGC conducts the NET exam twice in a year, once in the month of june and second time in the month of December.

Eligibility:-

~You should have post graduation degree. It could be in any stream but from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission.
~Your percentage in PG course should be at least 55 percent.
~Reserve category students are eligible for 5 percent relaxation as made mandatory by central government.
~Final year students of master course may also apply.
~There is no age limit for Lectureship.
~You can appear for NET Exam as many times as you like.

thank you...................................
6th March 2014, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

ya if i have secured 44 % in mcom part one and now am in part 2 mcom then can i apply?
25th August 2015, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I have written my 4th sem mcom, previous sem percentage were 65%..waiting for results I was unaware of NET application lastdate as25th Aug, should I apply for NET exam in nextyear .?or do I ve an chance to apply after last date .?plz help me out..
29th March 2017, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

I have now applied for net, but iwant to be applied for improvement exam the resultis published seperatley. I am not passed in first time, will I eligible for qualification
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?