2nd June 2012, 06:37 PM
roundal jayshree

Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com with 59.86%

Respected sir,
I have completed my Bcom with 59.86% n i have appeared for the last semister of MBA (banking & Finance) in may 2012.Then am i eligible for the net exam n which subject should i select for it ?
Hoping for a favorable reply.
Thanking u,
Jayshree.

Related Questions:
  1. Direct T.Y.Bcom after completing my H.S.C. 2 years before
  2. Is there a minimum pass percentage for degree to appear for NET exam? Am I eligible to appear for NET after completing B.Com in 4 years with 49% and then MBA in 2 years with 68%?
  3. Net Set exam eligibility? which subject I should choose if I have done Bcom and MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to apply directly for TYB.Com after completing HSc 2 years
  5. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  6. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  7. Direct T.Y.B.Com possible after HSC? Procedure to apply?
  8. Will I get IET lucknow in second counseling after securing 5986(GN), 755(Girls), 122(Girls OBC) rank in UPTU?
  9. Am I eligible for French NET exam after completing diploma in French from MD university
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?
  11. For which course am I eligible after completing B.Com with 43%?
  12. Can I be eligible for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc in Sericulture
  13. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing M.A Tamil? Date of notification of NET exam?
  14. After scoring 59% in MBA(HR) and 54% in LLM am I eligible for NET?
  15. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?
  16. Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam having secured 60% in B.Com, 72% in PGDCA and with a CGPA of 6.13 in MBA with Finance?
  17. What is the procedure to follow for completing the F.Y.BCom Graduation course which I stopped before completion? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in B.Com in Chandigarh College after doing 12th from Chandigarh with 57.6 marks
3rd June 2012, 08:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com with 59.86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundal jayshree View Post
Respected sir,
I have completed my Bcom with 59.86% n i have appeared for the last semister of MBA (banking & Finance) in may 2012.Then am i eligible for the net exam n which subject should i select for it ?
Thanking u,
Jayshree.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

You are now in final year of MBA course so you have first completed your MBA degree then you are applicable NET exam with management department.

Your age should be more then 19 years and there is no age limitation for those who are applying for Lectureship but for JRF , Your age should not be more then 28 years.

NET Exam date for June session Already announced by UGC.So you can wait for exam notification .The notification for NET exam will be published very soon.It will be published in the month of September 2012 in UGC website.

Want to know about the syllabus for NET exam for Department CLICK HERE

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

3rd June 2012, 09:13 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

University Grant Commision

Net exam conduct by ugc every year two time in month of june and december for lecturership and jrf.

Notification will be publishe in the months of March and September.

Interested candidate can apply online only on-- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

Eligibility:-

you should have Post graduation degree in any subject with 55%
from any recognised university. If you are final year student of post graduation then also eligible.

Age should be minimum 19 and maximum 28 year for jrf.

There is no upper age limit for lecturership.

for more detail visit on-- www.ugc.ac.in
3rd June 2012, 10:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC(University Grant Commission) two times a year for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

After B.Com. you are not eligible for NET but after completion of Master Degree with 55% marks from a recognised University, you will be eligible for NET. You should not be bellow 19 years of age. There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should not be more than 28 years.

The NET exam is held twice one in June and other in December of a year, so you can apply according to your eligibility and suitability.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
3rd June 2012, 10:46 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) it will be happen twice in a year i.e in the month of july and december.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidates who are completed their master's degree with atleast of 55% marks from a recognised university.

For SC/ST there is a relaxation of 5% of marks.

You should be a citizen of india.

The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) minimum age limit is 19years and there is no maximum age limit.

The age limits is for Lectureship is not more than 28 years.

Currently you are in MBA last semister so complete your MBA and then apply for this exam.

For more details visit

http://www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

All the best.
3rd June 2012, 11:13 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to give the NET exam is:-

>Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination.

>Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Since your marks is not less than or equal to 54.99% so you can easily give the NET exam after completing your MBA. dont worry.
3rd June 2012, 04:44 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

you are not eligible for the NET exam the qualification of degree. You have completed the post graduation you are eligible for the NET exam.

You are now doing the MBA course after completed the MBA you are eligible for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility test. NET exam being conducted by UGC(Union Grant Commission).

This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for Eligibility into Lecture ship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

the candidate must have completed the post graduation from a recognized university.

The final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

You must have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

Age limit:

There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lecture Ship.

But the JRF candidates the age limit should be in the age group of 19 to 28 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for Net Exam.

For updated information visit the website

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

http://www.ugc.ac.in/

all the best.
3rd June 2012, 06:59 PM
career endeavour

Dear aspirant,

You are eligible for net exam as a appearing student. But you should have get 55%(for general category) or 50% (for SC/ST category)in post graduation.

For further clerfication please visit this website http://ugcnetonline.in/eligibility.php

All the best
3rd June 2012, 07:08 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the NET exam but the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You must have a Post graduation degree with minimum 55% of marks.

2. There are 2types of Posts in NET:
1)Lectureship post(LS)
2)Junior Research Fellowship(JRF)

There is no upper age limit for "Lectureship post"

You must be within 28years for "Junior Research Fellowship"(5years age relaxation for SC/ST,BC and PH Candidates)

3. If you are in Final year of your PG also eligible to write NET

NET exam is conducted twice in a year i.e. June & December.

you can select any subject of yours choice which you have studied at your post graduation level.

For the subject list you can go for-

www.ugcnetonline.in/notification.php
3rd June 2012, 07:38 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir,
Thanking u,
Jayshree.

The eligibility doesn't depend on you Bcom aggregate percentage You will have to wait for your final result of MBA. Only Those candidates who have secured 55% aggregate marks in their Masters degree or equivalent are eligible for this.

However a relaxation of 5 % (i.e. 50% marks) is given to the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Physically handicapped/ Visually handicapped candidates.
But there will not be any rounding off it means 54.99% will not be considered as 55%.

There will be no upper age limit for lectureship however for applicants of Junior Research Fellowship the upper Age limit is 28 years as on the first day of the month of the exam of NET.

A relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit will be given to the candidates of the following category - Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Physically handicapped/ Visually handicapped/Other backward Caste/ women candidates.
Online applications have been invited and date for NET this year is 24 June
23rd June 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible after competing CS for NET exam or SLET ?
24th June 2012, 05:27 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

->NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.

->Those candidate have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

->Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

->You are now in final year of MBA course so you have first completed your MBA degree then you are applicable NET exam with management department.

->Your age should be more then 19 years and there is no age limitation for those who are applying for Lectureship but for JRF , Your age should not be more then 28 years.

->NET Exam date for June session Already announced by UGC.So you can wait for exam notification .

->The notification for NET exam will be published very soon.

thank u ...!!

all the best..!!
8th March 2013, 12:09 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir,
Thanking u,
Jayshree.
Yes , your eligible to apply for NET Examination after completing M.com course .

If your aspiring to become an Lecturer in National level Colleges then you should qualified in NET Examination . If your qualified in NET Examination then you may get Lecturer job in any state in our country .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . This Examination is conducted by University Grants Commission for twice in a year during the month of July and December .

If your interested to apply for NET Examination then need to satisfy the eligibility criteria then only your eligible for NET Examination .

Eligibility criteria for NET Examination :-

Educational Qualification :- You should complete Master degree or Equivalent examination in any stream from recognized university . You should score minimum 55% percentage of marks in Master degree and relaxation is given for sc/st candidates for 5 % percentage of marks . Final year candidate for Master may also eligible to apply for the examination .

Age Limit :- For Junior Research Fellowship :- your age should be not more then 28 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates . There is no limit for Lectureship . Any age candidate may eligible to apply for Lectureship.

You can apply for the examination both the online as well as offline . You may download examination application form from the official website of UPSC . You may also buy the examination application form from the post office in any branch in our country.

Examination Fees for NET Examination :-

~~ For General Candidates :- Rs . 400
~~ For SC/ST Candidates :- Rs. 100
~~ For OBC candidates :- Rs. 200

You may also apply for the coaching classes like , Brilliant Tutorials / Elite Academy / Science Point / Sociology Made Easy etc. This coaching classes are help you to get good percentage of marks in NET Examination .

Suggestion :-

After Completing your B.com Course , I suggest you to Apply for M.com Course and try to score Minimum 55% Percentage of marks .. So, After Completing your M.com Course definitely eligible for B.Ed Course ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?