7th April 2016, 01:28 PM
rajeevkarmakar

How can I become a Assistant professor if I have 7 years of teaching experience?

I am having MCA degree and a teaching experience of 07 yrs in B.Com as Guest Faculty.

Now with my qualification and experience how can I become Assistant Professor?

NET is not conducted for the subject - Computer Applications, in which I have my masters.

Kindly advice.

Thank you.

7th April 2016, 09:01 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become a Assistant professor if I have 7 years of teaching experience?

The only way to become Assistant professor is through NET.
NET stand for National Eligibility Test.
It is conducted by University Grant Commission(UGC) once in a year for Assistant Lecturer.
The candidate who have completed Master degree with more than 50% marks from a recognized university in any stream are eligible to appear.
Also, the candidates who are going to appear in the final year of Master degree program are eligible to appear.
Also, the candidate going to appear in NET must have their Bachelor and Master degree in same subject.

The candidates qualified in NET examination will be recruited by UGC on the basis of vacancy available.

With only degree and teaching experience, one can not hold the post of Assistant lecturer, candidate need to qualify NET examination .
8th April 2016, 08:59 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Assistant professor if I have 7 years of teaching experience?

Yes, you are eligible to become Assistant Professor after the master's degree. For recruitment , you have to appear and qualify in NET examination conducted by UGC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed master's degree with minimum 55% aggregate and 5% relaxation for reserved category candidates.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in
8th April 2016, 10:36 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

For Assistant Professor , One should have Ph.D qualification in relevant stream. Candidates who have passed NET , SET or SLET are also eligible for Assistant Professor. So , You should have to qualify either NET or Ph.D. degree.

NET Eligibility
- You should have qualified master's with at least 55% from a recognized university.
- Age limit is 28 years for JRF & No age limit for Lecturership.

NET Exam Pattern

Paper I : 60 Questions from which 50 will have to be attended. (Marks : 100 , 75 Minutes)

Paper II : 50 compulsory Questions (Marks : 100 , 75 Minutes)

Paper III : 75 compulsory Questions (Marks : 150 , 120 Minutes)

NET Important Dates
- Registration Starts On : 12th April , 2016
- Ending of Registration : 12th May , 2016
- NET Exam : 10th July , 2016
8th April 2016, 09:46 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Required educational qualification for Associate Professor:

* Good academic record with at least 55% marks or equivalent in MCA from UGC/AICTE/NCTE recognised university.
* Candidate must have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) or SET or SLET.

# The general selection process for the post of Associate Professor includes following steps/stages:

* Qualification or academic record
* Teaching experience
* Screening Test
* Personal Interview
# General selection adopted in most of the universities is as follow:

* Selection is made through following two stage process:

= Screening / short-listing of candidates by a Screening Committee on the basis of advertised eligibility criteria, teaching experience, desirable qualification etc.
= Personal interview of short-listed candidates by apex level committee

* Short-listed candidates for personal interview has to produce original documents related educational qualification, date of birth, teaching experience etc. Candidate has also to submit the Xerox copies of above said documents.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?