10th March 2015, 11:53 AM

How can I become a chartered accountant after 12th exam?

How i become a chartered accountant after 10+2 examination

19th March 2015, 03:21 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a chartered accountant after 12th exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72526 View Post
How i become a chartered accountant after 10+2 examination
First of all you have to register yourself for the CPT examination. CPT stands for the Common Proficiency Test. You can register yourself here Click Here

Candidates without registration are not eligible to sit for this exam. Chartered Accountant course compromises in one basic test i.e., CPT and two courses.

Courses:
  1. Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and
  2. The Final Course
Minimum Requirements:
~~ Minimum 12th passed out candidates are eligible.

~~ If candidates are from commerce background, then they should have secured at least 50% and for non-commerce background candidates it should be at least 55% marks.
Once, you cleared the CPT examination then you have to move forward to the next level of CA course which is known as the Integrated Professional Competence Course.

In the IPCC course will have to undergo Article-ship training for 3 years. And during last year of training you can apply for the Final course exam. Once you passed the final course exam then you will become a certified Chartered Accountant.
22nd March 2015, 10:04 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountant course structure is as below:-

After 12th exam, you can join / register for CPT examination.

If you pass this exam, you are eligible for the next level called IPCC.

After article ship, you are eligible for final exam.

If you have cleared it, you will become CA.

For more details:- http://icai.org/

23rd March 2015, 01:56 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

To become Chartered Accountant ( CA ) after 12th class, you have to do foundation course, intermediate course and final CA course. You have to secure minimum 50% in all stages.

Eligibility criteria : Candidate have to pass 12th class from any recognised board.

Application Procedure :
  • First of all candidates have to register themselves with Board of Studies at ICAI ( Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ) for CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) Exam. Registration has to be done before 60 days of the exam. Candidates can register for CPT after 10th class also.
  • After passing Common Proficiency Test, aspirants have to register for IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ). Aspirants can choose Group I or Group II. For appearing in Group and Group II exam you have to complete a nine month course.
    Group I consists of four papers and Group II consists of three papers.
  • Candidate with graduation degree from recognised university can directly register for IPCC without appearing in Foundation course.
  • After passing Integrated Professional Competence Examination ( IPCE ), aspirants has to register as Articled Assistant for a period of three years.
  • Aspirants can join CA Final course while serving as Articled Assistant. In the last 12 months of training, candidates have to do a 15 day course on GMCS ( General Management and Communication Skills ). It can also be done after final examination.
  • Candidate can give final exams in the last six months of training or after that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?