10th July 2011, 06:38 PM
aniljhan

What should I do after 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?

i m in 11th class & i m getting confused what should i do after 12th for becoming a successful chartered accountant or which subject i must mostly focus to become CA??????

17th July 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?

Which I have to take for CS??????????????
1st September 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?

what subjects should a high school student look at to become a CA
10th September 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

to become a successful CA which subject i should concentrate more
11th September 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

what courses are required to become chartered accoutant after 10th class?
17th September 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

i scored 92percent in accountancy..but i scored only 60percent in maths..wil it b dificult 4 me to study CA??
Frnds pls pls mail me [email protected]
3rd October 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?
3rd October 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after B.com to become a sccessful charteredAccountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?
7th November 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a C.A. So what is the procedure and eligibility
23rd November 2011, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Q.what should i do after 12th to become a successful chatered acountant
25th November 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What should I do after 12th to become a successful Chartered Accountant? Which subjects I have to concentrate to become CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i scored 92percent in accountancy..but i scored only 60percent in maths..wil it b dificult 4 me to study CA??
no , you should go for it. best of luck
16th January 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

what is the process to become a Charted Accountant After 12th commerce
25th January 2012, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

after 12th which course i have to take in a collage?????????
8th April 2012, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

IF i take science and after 12th want to become CA so what should i do?
8th April 2012, 04:12 AM
borade rameshwar18

what subjects should a high school student look at to become a CA?
10th April 2012, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

What subjects we have to take after high school for becoming charter accountant
20th April 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

i am doing BMS can i do CA after completion of bms i scored good mark in accontancy in 11 12 and i year bms but in ca mayhs it difficult
21st April 2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniljhan View Post
i m in 11th class & i m getting confused what should i do after 12th for becoming a successful chartered accountant or which subject i must mostly focus to become CA??????

U should go and register urself for CPT exams where u will get the study materials.The CPT syllabus is same as ur clkass 11& 12 so it will be jus a revision.After CPT u need to go ahead for IPCC, U can get all details on ICAI.ORG or u can mail me on my email as well
6th May 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

what i have to do to become C.A after B.com
12th May 2012, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

is there any need of entry test for CA? and which subjects are necessary for it?
23rd May 2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage required for ca in 1n 12 class
18th June 2012, 04:48 PM
jhlkgrwl

For becoming a CA the first you need to do is clear the CPT exam. In the CPT exam there are two papers of 100 marks each.

The first exam contains 2 sections namely:
-Fundamentals of Accounting- 60marks
-Mercantile Laws- 40marks

The second exam contains 2 sections namely:
-General economics- 50marks
-Quantitative aptitude- 50 marks

Altogether you need to score 50% to qualify the CPT exam.

The subjects that you need to focus on are accounts, economics and mathematics.
18th June 2012, 04:49 PM
jhlkgrwl

For becoming a CA the first you need to do is clear the CPT exam. In the CPT exam there are two papers of 100 marks each.

The first exam contains 2 sections namely:
-Fundamentals of Accounting- 60marks
-Mercantile Laws- 40marks

The second exam contains 2 sections namely:
-General economics- 50marks
-Quantitative aptitude- 50 marks

Altogether you need to score 50% to qualify the CPT exam.

The subjects that you need to focus on are accounts, economics and mathematics.
7th July 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

iam prakash sharma , what should i do to become a (CA)after competing (10 2),and which cource is eligible for me to be a (CA).which course should i persue to sucessful (CA)..plz suggest me for various proposal?????
21st July 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

How many hours study is needable in cpt and ipcc
22nd July 2012, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniljhan View Post
Firstly dont get confuse,just work hard and study regularly.
To become Chartered accountant you have to give an entrance exam after 12th i.e. CPT Common proficiency test which comprises of two exams and have following subjects:
Accounts,Mercantile law,Economics,quantitative which includes mathematics up til 12th std.
So focus on scoring subjects like Law and economics as it is theory based so you just need to grasp basics and you will be able to solve mcqs within seceonds.
Accounts and quantitative portion need practice so practice as much as you can which will increase your speed.
Make your mind strategical so as to solve exam within the given time.
All the best..!!
work hard
22nd July 2012, 01:31 AM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no it would not be difficult for you to clear CPT exam, your account marks will compensate your mathematics but just try to answer only those questions for which you are sure as there is negative marking in CPT.
Make your theory subjects strong as they are scoring subjects you just need to grasp the basics of those subjects.
work hard and study regularly
All the best..!
7th October 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

i hate maths but i want to become a C.A , so is it compulsary to study maths . can't i just concentrate on other subjects and complete C.A
7th October 2012, 10:15 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

CA: Stands for the Charted Accountant and CA is one the most reputed and prestigious post of the country and the if you want to become a CA than you should be pass in the 12th hsc exam with passing marks .And the course will take 5 years to complete after 12th class if you are able to clear all the parts of the exam successfully and it will take 3 years after graduation to complete the CA course.

For the exam The First stage or the Entrance exam to take admission in the Charted Accountant course is the CPT(Common Proficiency Test ) And you have to clear the exam if you want to take admission in the ca course ..

Than after the CPT Their will be a Ipcc exam and than after that their will be the last and final exam and the Exam is final exam and if you are able to clear all three formats of the exam than you will be a perfect CA And if you are able to complete it in the 5 year timing than no doubt you will get a good salary too .because most of the students are failed to clear the CA in the first attempt..

Here is the Format of CPT:

Maths

Economics

Mercantile Laws

Accounts

Each have 50 marks and a total of 200 marks
And you have to score at least 30% marks per subject
And a total of 50% marks to be pass out ..

Best of luck
4th November 2012, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I take up chartered accountancy course if i opt for science in 1 and 2?
8th November 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

i want to become ca but i am fail in 12 th class so what can i do
28th November 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

If I take science and after 12th want to become CA so what should I do?
30th December 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

What subject i have to take after (10 2) to become a C.A??????
15th January 2013, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have maths subject in class 11 n 12 to take admission in CA course???
15th January 2013, 06:10 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

To become a Chartered Accountant you have to Clear the three stage which is given below
1. CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
2. IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course )
3. Final Course and traing
For more details visit ::

www.icai.org
18th January 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

IS CA COURSE VERY HARD FOR STUDENT?
22nd February 2013, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

as i m in 12th standard ???? and i wanna become a successful CA ????? what formalities r required and how we can work on it
8th March 2013, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

What a s.p. student can atten ca. Exam. How many percent required in 12th to do c.a
24th March 2013, 09:21 PM
harshu the great

dear sir/ma'am,
i passed out my 10th std. , and i am really weak in maths , but i want to go for CA or CS, so i am planning to take commerce , do i have to study a lot of maths to reach my goal !!! will i be able to reach my goal ?? plz reply because i'll have to take my decision accordingly !!
best regards,
Harshita sharma.
pls reply on my id ---- [email protected]
thank you!
i'll be really thankfull to u!!
24th March 2013, 09:27 PM
harshu the great

dear sir/ma'am,
i passed my 10th std. , i am really weak in maths but i wan't to go for CA or CS and so i am planning to take commerce ..... i wan't to ask whether i hav to study a lot of maths to become CA or CS , i like other subjects like economics but i don't like maths !!
will i be able to reach my goal ??, please reply and guide , i'll be really thankfull to you!
it will be great if you send your reply on my id ----- [email protected]
thank you very much!!
7th April 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

what to study mostly in 11 or 12 to become chartered accountant?
26th April 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

i am pass a 12th exam .i have got a 80% . i do a ca .please help me what i am doing for good ca
1st May 2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/ma'am
I have just appeared for S.S.C. exam. I am really good in maths. I wanted to be C.A. but I am not good in economics. Is it ok. I am sure I can improve it. which are the important subject for c.a.? Is c.a. difficult?
please reply on my [email protected]
7th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I would like to do ca...bt dnt 've idea abt thz... i did bcom after dat cmpltd mba hr...wanna do ca..plz tell me details regrdng thz.. u can reach me on my id.. [email protected]..
8th June 2013, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

I m cofusd abt c.a so, i hav nt writen cpt in my 2 nd year so i cn write in degree cpt...?
8th June 2013, 11:41 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific subject that you need to select to apply for the Chartered Accountancy course. Although it is recommended to have Maths as subject in 12th but even without it you are eligible to apply for the Chartered Accountancy course.

After 12th you don't have to do any other course to apply for Chartered Accountancy. You can simply apply for the CA course but before that you will have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

The first stage of Chartered Accountancy course is Common Proficiency Test. You must appear for it to apply for the CA course. This course can be taken after finishing 12th standard.

Although for graduates there is exemption which means they dont have to appear for Common Proficiency Test if meeting certain criteria.

The criteria is that you must have 55 percent marks in commerce graduation and 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation course. Otherwise it becomes necessary to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

You should focus on the subjects that are gonna be part of Common Proficiency Test. There are 4 subjects:

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

The Common Proficiency Test has two groups. You will have to score 30 percent marks in each of the two groups to clear it. After clearing Common Proficiency Test you will take admission for the Integrated Professional Competancy Course (IPCC) commonly known as second stage of Chartered Accountancy course.

You will study for 9 months after which you must appear for the group 1 test followed by 3 years long articleship. During the articleship you will clear the second group of IPCC as well apply for the Final Examination.
8th June 2013, 03:32 PM
Canady

Firstly, concentrate on account subject. Understand all the chapters as possible as you can . After doing exam of 12th you have to register with institute of chartered accountant of India.
In CA there are three stages.
1. CPT
2. IPCC (1st & 2nd group)
3. FINAL (1st &2nd group)
To become a successful Chartered Accountant you have to concentrate on your three year articleship which will be held after clearing 1st group of IPCC or 2nd group of IPCC as you like.
8th June 2013, 04:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After 12th class you can apply for CA CPT which is the first stage of an CA Course.

Common Proficiency Test is for 12th pass students who want to get entry into the CA IPCC course.

Any stream students can apply for CA CPT and you need to qualify this exam to become eligible for CA IPCC.

CA CPT will have questions from following subjects:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Law

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

You have to answer objective type questions and 50% marks is mandatory to qualify this examination.

So you must concentrate on the above subjects to get prepared for the CA course.

Those who have complete Graduation in Commerce with 55% marks will be exempted from CPT.

Those who are non commerce Graduate with 60% marks are also exempted for CA CPT and can directly apply for CA IPCC.

For more information download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CA Procedure.pdf(48.6 KB, 174 views)
5th July 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

wat r the syllabus for charted account?
19th July 2013, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I'm not taken maths in 11 so there is any problem to study ca or in becoming ca aftr 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?