17th July 2013, 05:07 PM
LakshmiNivas13

How can I become a Journalist without leaving my Civil engineering studies?

Friends, Presently I am studying B.tech final year in the stream of civil engineering and next year I supposed to attempt the GATE. But I am also interested in journalism. Could you suggest me how can I become journalist without leaving my civil engineering.

15th October 2015, 05:19 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Journalist without leaving my Civil engineering studies?

The candidate who wishes to make carrier in journalism has to opt for Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate degree in journalism/mass communication .

The procedure to become a journalist are following:-

- The candidate must be 12th pass in any stream with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board to get admission for Bachelor degree in journalism .

- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in journalism to get admission for Post graduate degree courses .

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The Entrance exam of various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May - July every year consists of a written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.

-The candidate should have good command over current affairs.
16th June 2017, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become a Journalist without leaving my Civil engineering studies?

Hello, actually I want to ask that can I do journalism for a news reader job after completing B.tech in civil engineering because I have more interest in journalism than civil engineering
1st March 2020, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

What course should I do after completing engineering for journalism
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?