8th January 2014, 11:38 AM
Nageshaab

What are the career options after civil engineering B.E

hello i am doing civil engineering BE finial year from Tumkur, Karnataka. my aggregate is less than 60% and i am not interested in further studies. I am interested in selecting carrier in highway Engineering or structural Engineering as my job, which is better and tell me how it is better as my carrier

8th January 2014, 10:16 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the career options after civil engineering B.E

There are good number of career options for the candidates after completion of BE in Civil Engineering. To the best of my knowledge BE in Civil Engineering will be considered as ever green with regard to career scope and job opportunities for the candidates.

Some of the top companies in the field of Civil Engineering are
BSCPL
Larsen and Tourbo
MEIL Infrastructure
Ranchee Infrastructure etc.

It is very important for the candidates to have good percentage of marks in BE in order to get job opportunities in the field of Civil Engineering.

As you don't have even 60% of marks in your BE, it will be a tough task for you to get the jobs.

Both the ways that you have mentioned like
Highway Engineering
Structural Engineering are not at all fit for you.

My suggestion for you would be to start your career as Site Engineer. This is the one and only best option for you.

As a Site Engineer, you have to take care of constructions. Once the construction was over in a particular site, you need to change your gear and have to move to other site where construction is starting.

One more good option for you to opt for the jobs on estimations. In these jobs, you can perform work by sitting in the office without going to field.

As a site Engineer, initially you will be paid less but once you gain hands on experience, you can get good salaries and with that experience you can make entry into top companies.

You don't need to have strong communication skills but you should have strong subject knowledge to get good job opportunities in the field of Civil Engineering.

Keep these things in mind and carry out your preparation accordingly.

Wish you all the best.
10th January 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the career options after civil engineering B.E

thanks for suggestion. if i do courses like Primavera , revit, mx road, ets is that courses worth/ helpfull for me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?