12th January 2011, 05:12 PM
alok9190

Salary of new reader and journalist? How to become a journalist after doing B.Com?

what is the salary of news reader and journalist and i am doing b.com what should i do pls rly

11th March 2011, 12:13 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Salary of new reader and journalist? How to become a journalist after doing B.Com?

With the growth of media, news channels, there is a large growth in the pay scale of journalist & news reader.

Salary of a News Reader:
As per the national salary data, the annual income of a news reader ranges approximately Rs. 1,50,000 - Rs. 6,00,000.

Salary of a Journalist:
As per the national salary data, the annual income of a news reader ranges approximately Rs. 1,60,000 - Rs. 5,50,000.

After B. Com there are many diploma & certificate courses available. The institutes offering the courses are:

Asian College of Journalism, Kasturi Centre, 2-Anna Salai, Chennai-2.
Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan units in Trivandrum, Kottayam, Thrissur, Kochi, Kozhikode and other cities of India
Bhavan's College of Communication in 20 States.
Bhavan's Institute of Communication & Management, Andheri West, Mumbai 400058
Bhavan's PDN College of Communication and Management, Somani College, Chowpatty, Mumbai 400007
Bombay College of Journalism, D. Waccha Road, Churchgate, Bombay 400020
Centre for Continuing Education Kerala, Academy for Media Studies, Rama Plaza, S. S. Kovil Road, Thampanoor, Trivandrum.
Centre for Development of Imaging Technology, Chitranjali Studio Complex, Thiruvallom, Trivandrum 695027.
City School of Social and Managerial Sciences, 2nd Floor, Vijaya Complex, Asiad Colony, Anna Nagar West, Chennai 600101
Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Thanikachalam Road, T. Nagar, Chennai 600017
Dateline School of Journalism, 21/22 Northend Complex, Ramakrishna Ashram Marg, New Delhi.
DCSMAT Media School, Kinfra Film and Video Park, Kazhakkoottam, Trivandrum.
Express Institute of Media Studies, Express building, 9 and 10 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110002
Garware Institute of Career Education & Development, Vidyanagri, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East) Mumbai 400098
Headline Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, A-11, Kailash Colony, New Delhi 110048
IAAN School of Mass Communication, New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110025
IILM Film & Media School, 3 institutional area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
Indian Academy of Mass Communication, No. 4 MTII Road, Padi, Chennai 600050.
Indian Centre for Media and Communication, Agrasen Campus, S. No. 239/2, Yerawada, Pune 411006.
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, HRBR extension, Kalyananagar, Bangalore-560043.
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU Campus, New Delhi 110067.
Indian Science Communication Society, Lucknow
Indian Television Training Institute, C-41 Gulmohar Park, New Delhi 110049.
Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Lodhi Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003
Institute of Journalism, Press Club, Behind Secretariat, Press Club Road, Thiruvananthapuram 695001.
Institute of Journalism, Press Club, Kozhikode.
Institute of Journalism, A-3, Lajpat Nagar-II, New Delhi - 110024 (Certificate course).
International Media Institute of India, D 59, Sector 2, Noida 201301 Jagran Institute of Management and Mass Communcation, F33, Sector 6, Noida 201301, U. P.
Jahangirabad Media Institute, Jahangirabad Qila, Barabanki, UP - 225203.
Jaipuria Institute, Lucknow and Noida.
Journalism Mentor, Mumbai and Kolkata
Kerala Press Academy, Kakkanad, Kochi-682030.
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Vidya Vihar, Mumbai.
Manipal Institute of Communication, Old Tile Factory Road, Press Corner, Manipal 576104.
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Rajendra Nagar, Hyderabad 500030.
National Institute of Social Commmunications, Research and Training, A-2, Sector I, Vaishali, Ghaziabad 201012, U.P.
Pioneer Media School, 6, Toder Mal lane, Bengali Market, New Delhi 110001
Rai Media Lab, B-II/58, MCIE, Mathura Road, New Delhi 110044
Satyabhama Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
School of Communication and Journalism, Press Club, Kottayam 1.
School of Convergence, ISBF Ring Road: 12, Ring Road, New Delhi - 110 024
School of Media Studies, Athani, Kakkanad, Kochi 682030
The Manorama School of Communication, P. B. No. 229, Kottayam 686001.
R. K. Films and Media Academy, 8A/8, W.E.A., Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005
School of Broadcasting and Communication, Andhakshi Building, 37, Gilbert Hill Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058.
School of Communication and Management Studies, Management House, South Kalamassery, Kochi 682033.
School of Journalism and Communication, SRM University, Kattankulathur 603203, T. N.
Sri Aurobindo Institute of Mass Communication, Sri Aurobindo Marg, Near IIT, New Delhi 110016.
Sri Swathi Thirunal Education Foundation, S. S. Kovil Road, Thampanoor, Trivandrum 695001
Sri Sri Centre for Media Studies, 39 A Cross H Main, 4 T Block, Jainagar, Bangalore-560041.
Times Centre for Media Studies, 10-Daryaganj, New Delhi 110023.
Vidya Gauri, Neelkanth Marg, Khanpur, Ahmedabad.
Xavier Institute of Communication, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai 400001
YMCA Institute of Media Studies and IT, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi 110001.
18th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Salary of new reader and journalist? How to become a journalist after doing B.Com?

sir, i m in 12th and i select a commerse streme. i want to do journalism. is that ok ti select commerse streme for journalism? and what is the first hand pakage after become a journalist?
21st April 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i am an arts graduate from st.xavier's college ranchi.MBA degree from Dayanand sagar inst. Bengluru in fianance,may i have any job in media.
26th June 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure of placement in journalism
27th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
iam student of 12 standard n i wanna be a journalist
sir i wanna do my graduation from raipur n pursue pg from iimc delhi in mss communication is this decision is correct .....
please guide me
Thank you
11th July 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,

I completed my Btech this year . I m very much interested in becoming a news reader .
Do i have to do any other course for that?any institutes in Hyderabad ,preferably south India??
26th July 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i m sathis from mumbai...just SSC & just finished BPP exam from TNOU & selected Course of "Diploma in media art" so its enough for to get job as jouralist.
18th September 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

what course should i do for new reader's job?
20th September 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.Com i was intrested to do job ion news reader.i want details what course should i have to do and what the salary would started from
14th December 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have completed biotechnology.iam interested to become a newsreader,do i hav to do any course for that ? can u pls tel me good institute in hyderabad.and i want details of the course and salary for the newsreader
14th December 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have completed biotechnology,iam interested to become a newsreader,do i have to do any course fot that ? can u please tell me good institute in hyderabad ? and i want details about the course and salary for the newsreader
19th December 2011, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

what is age limit for this diploma ?how much total fees ?
19th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Fee sturture of newsreader course after BSC in biology and duration of course
24th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

pls suggest whether one can opt for Bsc (Visual communicaiton) after 12th commerce? what are the opportunities in India and abroad?
27th February 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am a software engineer currently working in a software company.I did B.E(cse) .Can i become a news reader?am very much interested in that
15th July 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am Sharik in 12 stnrd n my dream is become a newsread from my childhood....
So plz have a guidacnce for me to get some clues
I shall be much thankful to u to give your precoous time for this student....
Thank you sir....
5th February 2013, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

sir, i had completed my B.tech IT i am intersted to be in journalism field .what steps i want to care for that?? kindly please reply
7th February 2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, as i am intrested in journlism...so that 's why am pursuing MAMC 2nd sem...what should i do after this...to get a job of news anchor...
30th March 2014, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have done 12 in medical and my passion is news reading what should i do???????????
5th April 2014, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

I m completed B.com and also m pursuing MBA. I m interested to work tamil news reader. So how much salary package? Because i have 3 yrs experienced in another field.
25th July 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I complete b.com this year and i want to be a news reader / news anchor. Please advise me that what should i do? Thanking you....
5th January 2015, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Has IIMC rescheduled their entrance for Master's in Journalism ? Is there a degree in Master's in Journalism ,since I see a diploma at IIMC. Besides a question paper dated 24th December is already available on the site and there isn't any mention of any entrance in the month of May. Can one with graduate degree ,BBA take master's in journalism or media. What job would you prefer to one who want to exercise ones flair for Englush and essay writing/ creative writing. Is IIJNM , Bangaluru worthy enough?
24th August 2015, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my under graduation in engineering and now how can I be a news reader
14th January 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am Bsc chemistry how can i become a news reader please give the details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?