12th January 2012, 10:16 AM
arshasharshan

How can I do B.Tech after B.Com? My subject was Humanities in plus 2?

Sir i am arsha from cochin, corrently i am pursuing my bcom degree 2nd year. I was taken Humanities in plus two. Can i do any B Tech course?
plzz send me details on my mail id..

6th August 2012, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I do B.Tech after B.Com? My subject was Humanities in plus 2?

can i do b.tech after b.com???
6th August 2012, 01:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I do B.Tech after B.Com? My subject was Humanities in plus 2?

Unfortunately you can not pursue B.Tech with Humanities subjects in 10+2. To be eligible for the Engineering course, candidate is required to complete 12th from a recognised board with PCM as the subjects.

Then you need to secure minimum percentage depending on the entrance exam you wish to appear. For example if you are willing to appear in IIT-JEE then you need to score at least 60 percent marks in 12th board while candidates who wish to appear in AIEEE require at least 50 percent marks. These are of course marks required for the general category candidates.

I would suggest you to continue with B.Com and do not drop out thinking you can pursue B.Tech because that is not possible. Do not consider B.Com to be end of the road. There are several options in front of you after completing B.Com course.

M.Com

One of the obvious choice is M.Com. Consider this if you wish to work as lecturer in government colleges. You will have to secure at least 55 percent marks in M.Com following which you can appear in either NET or SET entrance exam. NET is for job in central government colleges while SET is for job in specific state government colleges.

MBA

Second good option is Masters in Business Administration, an excellent career opportunity fo those who are more interested in managerial type of role. Depending on your subjects you can go in fields like Banking, Stock Broking etc. Here too you will have to appear in entrace exams such as MAT and CAT.

If you manage to score atleast 50 percent marks in graduation course (B.Com) then go for the Common Admission Test. If performed well you would be able to get admission in top IIMs in India. Others have the option to appear in Management Aptitude Test which has no percentage requirement.

MCA

Third good option for you would be Masters in Computer Applications. However you can only apply if you had Mathematics as one of the subjects in either 12th or graduation course. You can work in top IT companies in India after completing MCA course.

As you can see there are plenty of options in front of you but unfortunately Engineering is not one of them. There is no reason to feel disappointed, instead work hard on your studies.
18th April 2013, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

can i join mca after plus2 with humanities
26th November 2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my b.com from delhi university but now i have a intrest in B.tech so is it possible .
Even yes so how .
11th February 2018, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Is that possible to study CA courses for a b Com student who completed 2 as a humanities student?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?