2nd February 2018, 11:35 AM
Mohammedmuzamilshareef

Whether leaving BBA after 1st year to prepare for IPS exam is going to affect my career or IPS preparation in any ways?

I am Muzamil. I completed my intermediate exams last year. Now I am student of B.B.A (degree) first year. But I want to quit this study and want to join any hostel and stay there and want to prepare for I.P.S. Please guide me what should I do am I going on right track? Leaving my BBA will affect me in any ways?

10th February 2018, 04:15 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether leaving BBA after 1st year to prepare for IPS exam is going to affect my career or IPS preparation in any ways?

Let me tell you that the minimum educational qualification required is graduation degree.
You must be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university. As you are pursuing BBA then according to me you should not drop it as because it is compulsory to have a graduation degree.
You will not be eligible to writeIPS examination conducted by UPSC on the basis of intermediate degree.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university in any discipline,.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
Age relaxation is for reserved candidates under OBC/SC/ST category.
Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent aggregate in their graduation.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
10th February 2018, 08:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether leaving BBA after 1st year to prepare for IPS exam is going to affect my career or IPS preparation in any ways?

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you shall not be eligible to appear for examination on the basis of 12th qualification.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination. You have to prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in examination.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
11th February 2018, 09:57 AM
nishanth60

As the minimum educational qualification required to apply for IPS examination is Bachelor degree, you must have to complete your Graduation to apply for IPS exam. So, first you must complete your BBA degree and after that only you are eligible to apply for this exam. And age limit to apply for this exam is 12-32 years and age relaxations for reserved category candidates are as per government regulations. And candidates are selected based on marks got in preliminary test, main exam, physical efficiency test and personal interview. And number of attempts to write this IPS exam are limited and the limits are : 4 times for General category, 7 times for OBC candidates and no such limit for SC/ST candidates. For further information please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?