2nd July 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing computer engineering

i am doing Computer engineering in last year,so can i give UPSC exam after completion of my BE.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give UPSC exam after completing B.E? I am doing computer engineering in last year
  2. How to give IAS exam after passing 2nd year computer engineering
  3. Am I eligible for UPSC exam while doing Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I go for MS in Mechnical Engg. after completion of B.Tech. in Computer Science?
  5. Am I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  6. Detailed Information regarding Government Jobs after completion of Computer Science Engineering in MP?
  7. Can I give UPSC Exam after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Graduation in Physiotherapy?
  8. Can I appear for UPSC Exam having scored 47% in Computer Engineering?
  9. Eligibility to appear in UPSC Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech student of KSOU?
  10. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year? -- [New]
  11. How to join Robotics course after completion of my degree in computer engineering?
  12. Can I give UPSC Exam after completion of 12th class with non medical stream?
  13. Should I opt for job or go for further studies after completion of my engineering in CSE?
  14. Can I do automobile engineering in M.E after completion of computer science engineering in B.E
  15. Is there any exam that I can give along with my studies of Computer Engineering?
  16. How to give the entrance exam for MPSC? I am a student of BSc computer Science
  17. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  18. What is the difference between MPSC and UPSC?
9th July 2012, 02:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing computer engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing Computer engineering in last year,so can i give UPSC exam after completion of my BE.
Yes, you can write UPSC exam after you complete your graduation/B Tech.

As per eligibility criteria of UPSC, a person should be graduate with atleast 50% marks, and you should be atleast 21 years old or more.

But only problem with Computer science students is that, they can't take computer science as one of their optional subject, so, you have to select both the optionals which you have not studied till now, this is the reason, why most Computer science graduates refrain from CSE.

You can do more hard work, start preparing for optionals some time earlier, you can humanities subjects, they are easier to learn and have less content as compared to engineering subjects.

A good option for you could be, you can opt for Maths as one subjects, as you must have done lot of maths subjects at the end of Btech. Other subject can be either geography, Public Ad, Sociology etc.

As you have mentioned that you are in last year of Btech, you can apply for next year, in February 2013.
9th July 2012, 03:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing computer engineering

hi,
upsc exam stands for union public service commision.

upsc exam eligblity;-
Nationality;-

you must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limits;-

you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination

Educational Qualifications;-

you must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
for more-
upsc.gov.in
9th July 2012, 04:13 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing computer engineering

Hi,
yes,you can give UPSC exam since degree of any discipline is the basic eligibility for attending the exams conducting by UPSC.
you can give civil service examination,CDS examination,etc.but it is not possible to take computer science as the optional subject for the exams.
for more details:http://www.upsc.gov.in/
GOOD LUCK.
15th July 2012, 01:07 AM
gokuls1

heyy dear,
yess, surely you can give upsc after completion of B.E.
For admission to the examination a candidate–

** Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

** Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs. Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.

Best Luck..!!!!
25th February 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i am mechanical enginer and i am from open cast i am complite my enginering recently so , can i give this exam?
25th February 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I am mechanical enginer i am from open cast and i am complite my b.e. recently so , can i give this exam?
26th February 2013, 11:37 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for the UPSC exam as you fulfil the eligiblity criteria for the exam i.e graduation and you can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
28th February 2013, 04:35 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
After passing B.E you are are eligible for two exam conducted by U.P.S.C:-
> Civil Services
> Combined Defence Services

CIVIL SERVICES

After passing Graduation with any stream you are eligible for Civil Services exam.

Age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate 21-37 year.

There are three stage of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains Exam
> Interview

COMBINED DEFENCE DEFENCE SERVICES

After passing graduation with any stream you are eligible for C.D.S exam.

Age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.

There are three stage of sellection:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Medical Exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc,gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
23rd June 2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing electrica engineering
21st December 2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.e from I.T branch. May i give the upsc exam....& which other subject should i take...& plz tell me that it don't need any verifictn of that sub
12th July 2015, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the monthly salary of an ips officer educated by b.e. in computer engg.?
13th July 2015, 08:36 AM
john215

Re: Can I give UPSC exam after completion of my B.E? I am doing computer engineering

As per eligibility criteria of UPSC, a person should be graduate with at least 50% marks, and you should be at least 21 years old or more.

But only problem with Computer science students is that, they can't take computer science as one of their optional subject.
So you have to select both the optional which you have not studied till now
This is the reason, why most Computer science graduates refrain from CSE
13th July 2015, 06:25 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes, you can apply for UPSC exams after completing B.E in Computer Engineering. UPSC is centralised commission that conduct various exams.
You can apply for following exams after B.Tech-
1. Civil Services Exam
2. CDS Exam
3. IES Exam
4. APF Exam etc.

Eligibility Criteria- For All the Exams you are eligible to apply.
Age Limit-
1. For Civil Services- 21 years to 32 years
2. For CDS Exam- 19 years to 25 years.
3. For IES Exam- 21 years to 30 years
4. For APF exam- 21 years to 30 years

How To Apply?

You have to apply for the Exam online on following link-
http://upsconline.nic.in/
13th July 2015, 09:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for UPSC exam.
Your age should not be less than 21 yrs.
In graduation you should have atleast 50% marks. But in this case you should not take computer science and you have to choose any other subject and this depend on your choice.
Thanks
14th July 2015, 01:38 PM
sumansahujadam

As per eligibility criteria of UPSC, a person should be graduate with atleast 50% marks,

you should be atleast 21 years old or more.

But only problem with Computer science students is that, they can't take computer science as one of their optional subject, so, you have to select both the optional which you have not studied till now, this is the reason, why most Computer science graduates refrain from CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?