21st August 2013, 12:28 PM
demolisher48

How can I get in merchant navy after mechanical engineering

i know many have asked this question.but, i want to know details.
i am in 3rd year of mech. eng. and i want to join the merchant navy.so which exam should i give to get admission in a govt. and a good institute.and can you suggest me a book to prepare for the entrance exam?also can i give the exam this year just to see the pattern of the exam?
and will i get placement if i get selected in a reputed college, as there are lot of frauds in this field.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  5. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  6. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  7. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Total fee structure for one year Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering? Best college for Mechanical Engineering for Merchant Navy?
  9. How to get a job in merchant navy after mechanical engineering? Any entrance test which I have to answer?
  10. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  12. how can a mechanical engineer apply for merchant navy ?
  13. Can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Best institutes for doing Merchant Navy after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Date of the entrance exams?
  16. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Information regarding the Entrance Exam for this?
  18. How to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering
15th September 2016, 12:21 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I get in merchant navy after mechanical engineering

Yes you can join as Junior Marine Engineer.There are various streams through which you could join, some of them are the main ones and highlighted below:-

**4-Years Pre-Sea Marine Engineering Degree Course

**1-year Pre-Sea Training for Mechanical Graduate Engineering

**2-year Pre-Sea Training for Diploma Holders

**2 ½ years Pre-Sea Training for Marine Engineers under Alternate Training Scheme

List of best colleges that are offer Merchant Navy:-

->>Academy of Maritime Education & Training (AMET University) Chennai, India

->>B.P. Marine Academy Navi Mumbai, India

->>Coimbatore Marine College (CMC) Coimbatore, India

->>Cosmopolitian Technology of Meritime Chennai, India

->>Indian Centre for Advancement of Research and Education, Haldia (ICARE) Haldia ,
India

->>Indian Meritime University (IMU) Chennai, India

->>Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME) Kolkata, India.
15th October 2016, 09:46 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: How can I get in merchant navy after mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolisher48 View Post
i know many have asked this question.but, i want to know details.
i am in 3rd year of mech. eng. and i want to join the merchant navy.so which exam should i give to get admission in a govt. and a good institute.and can you suggest me a book to prepare for the entrance exam?also can i give the exam this year just to see the pattern of the exam?
and will i get placement if i get selected in a reputed college, as there are lot of frauds in this field.

As you mentioned that you are a Mechanical engineer and want to join the merchant navy. You are right here i will provide you the complete details. You can join as a junior engineer in the Merchant navy. You have the following fields in which you can make your career. You can join the 4 years pre sea marine engineer course. You can take admission in the 1 year pre sea training for mechanical graduate engineers. You can also join 2 years pre-sea Training for diploma holders. You can also 2 years and 06 months pre-sea training for marine engineer.

There are many collages which provide these type of courses are:
1. B.P marine academy Navi Mumbai, India.
2. Cosmopolitian Technology of Meritime Chennai, India.
3. Academy of Maritime education & Training Chennai, India.
4. Coimbatore Technology of Meritime Chennai, India.
5. Indian Meritime University Chennai, India.
6. Institute of Technology & Maritime Engineering Kolkata.

These are the best colleges for Merchant navy courses. You can join these colleges as per your choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?