10th February 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I get registered in CLAT?

i will appear for ix exams in 2013.i want to join institutions of clat .how can i get registered in clat . in which class will i be able to join clat institute.

1st July 2013, 11:23 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get registered in CLAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i will appear for ix exams in 2013.i want to join institutions of clat .how can i get registered in clat . in which class will i be able to join clat institute.
Your question is not clear to be honest. By institution are you referring to the CLAT coaching institutes or the Law Universities participating in CLAT. If it is the latter then for that you need to be a 12th pass out candidate to be considered eligible for the exam. If its the former then you can start preparing for it whenever you want though the ideal time for preparing for it would be to give the class X board exam first and then use the two years before your class XII board exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. There are 14 National Law Universities which conducts the CLAT exam in turn. You can give this exam to pursue both LLB and LLM. Generally the notifications for this exam comes out in the month of January and the exam is conducted in the month of May. This year almost 30000 law aspirants appeared for this exam.

Since you want to appear for the LLB course so let me tell you that for that you need to pass the higher secondary exam or its equivalent of a recognized board. In addition to that you need to have 50% of marks at 10+2 level.

There is some relaxation for the reserved category candidates. They needs to get 45% of marks instead.

If you are a final year candidate about to sit for the class 12 exam or waiting for the result to come out then also you can give this exam. But at the time of admission you must have the certificates to prove that you have passed successfully.

The upper age limit for General and OBC category candidate is 20 years and for the SC/ST candidates and PWD candidates the upper age limit is 22 years.

Exam Pattern:-

Give weightage to the following areas:-
  • English including Comprehension: 40 marks
  • General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 marks
  • Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 marks
  • Legal Aptitude: 50 marks
  • Logical Reasoning: 40 marks

Application Procedure:-
  • The application form can be downloaded online from the official website.
  • You can also get the application form and information brochure from designated branches of the State Bank of India by paying Rs. 3000 in cash. SC/ST and PWD candidates needs to give Rs. 2500.
  • You can also get the application form by sending DD in favor of the University conducting the exam that year. For eg, this year the exam was conducted by HNLU, Raipur.

CLAT Coaching Institutes:-
  • T.I.M.E.
  • Career Shapers Education Forum
  • IMS Institute
  • Management Career Makers (MCM)
  • Sriram Law Academy
  • PT Education
  • Sachdeva New PT College
  • Abhyaas Hyderabad
  • Crack CLAT Tutorials Jodhpur
  • Paradygm A & R
  • Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd. Bhopal
  • PRIME Tutor

Official Website:- http://www.clat.ac.in

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?