26th July 2011, 01:06 PM
varunajuneja

Right time to start coaching for CLAT Exam?

what would be the right time to start clat coachings? i am presently studying in class 11. i am very confused as to when i should start my clat coachings to be able to have a good score in clat examinations

Related Questions:
  1. What is the duration for CLAT entrance exam?
  2. Best time to start Coaching for CLAT Exam being a candidate pursuing 11th standard?
  3. When should I start the preparation for CLAT exam? Which is the best coaching institute in Indore and Jaipur?
  4. Best coaching institute for CLAT Exam preparation in Delhi/Gurgaon/NCR? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What kind of questions are asked in CLAT? Is coaching class necessary for CLAT?
  6. Do I need to take any coaching for CLAT entrance exam? Best coaching institute in Chandigarh for CLAT exam?
  7. How can I prepare to crack CLAT without coaching class being a 12th student?
  8. Are there any coaching centers for CLAT exam in Chandigarh? Is coaching necessary for CLAT exam?
  9. List of good coaching centers for CLAT exam in South Delhi near Defense Colony?
  10. List of best coaching centers for CLAT after completion of 10th or 12th? -- [New]
  11. Best coaching in India for CLAT exam? Where are the coaching centers for CLAT exam? Any CLAT coaching available in Lucknow?
  12. Coaching classes for preparation of CLAT in Kolkata?
  13. How can I prepare to crack CLAT? Cost of application form and coaching classes for preparation in UP?
  14. Can we write CLAT after graduation? Registration fees and coaching centres in CLAT?
  15. Can I apply for CLAT? Which are the coaching institutes in Nagpure
  16. Best Coaching Institutes for CLAT Exam? Fee structure for this in those Institutes?
  17. Detailed information, cost of application form and coaching classes for preparation of CLAT in Bhopal? Tips for preparation?
  18. How to join coaching classes for CLAT? I will appear for my class 10th CBSE examination
19th September 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Right time to start coaching for CLAT Exam?

examination date for session 2011-2012
20th September 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I am studing in Xth standard and want to become a Lawyer. What is right time to take coaching for CLAT entrance examination, After Xth standard or 12th standard
30th September 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

when should i start preparing for the CLAT exam??I'm in 11th right now and am a commerce student,how much time would i require to prepare?I wish to be a corporate lawyer.
4th October 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

should i start preparing for the clat exam? i'm in final year of graduation right now
1st November 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

i am an average student and has got 60% marks in 12th. will i get admission in any gud college in CLAT ??????
14th January 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the next step after passing clat????
21st January 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

hey,
i am presently in grade 10 and i usually secure around 90 percent. I have chosen law as my career and i look forward to crack the clat in the first attempt. I wanted to know what would be the right time to start my coaching for clat. Can anyone help me out by answering this question?
22nd February 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

um presently in class 9 n um lukng frwrd to law as my carrier..um cnfusd so as to wich stream shud i chuz in 2 so clat preparations becum easir fo me..help help
13th April 2012, 02:07 PM
Hemsadonsa

dear guest, 50% for gen. & 45% for sc st & pwd are required in 12th board.....
13th April 2012, 07:12 PM
vikash1311994

It depend on you .You can start for preparation at any moment .It does not always need coaching institue .You can start after passing 12 th in 12 th in 11th anytime.
10th June 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Right time to start coaching for CLAT Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
um presently in class 9 n um lukng frwrd to law as my carrier..um cnfusd so as to wich stream shud i chuz in 2 so clat preparations becum easir fo me..help help
well u can chose ny stream for cracking clat!!!just remember u need 2 score 50% in 12th boards!!!gud luck
12th June 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

plzzz tell wen shud i strt preparing fr CLAT if right now i m in 10???????
2nd September 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

ii'm in class 10..and interested in clat..so when should i start preparing for it?
and what bis next step after passing clat and for how much years?
3rd September 2012, 12:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is for candidates who want to study LLB course after completing 12th standard. You have raised a very good point. The timing of CLAT preparation is very important.

One thing that people should understand is that CLAT is not an easy exam to crack. It requires months of preparation to perform well in the CLAT Exam. If you start to prepare for the exam like 2-3 months in advance, it would put a lot of strain on you. Therefore ensure you are giving yourself enough time to start preparing for the CLAT Exam.

Now you are studying in the 11th standard. My recommedation would be that you start preparing for the CLAT after passing the 11th standard. You can start taking coaching classes after 11th. However coaching classes alone would not help you crack the CLAT entrance exam because a lot of questions in CLAT are related to general knowledge.

Let's first see the syllabus of CLAT Exam.

The CLAT exam contains 200 questions of total 200 marks. Candidates are given 2 hours to complete the CLAT Exam.

Subjects:

General English - 40 Marks

General Knowledge/Current Affairs - 50 Marks

Elementary Maths (Numerical Ability) - 20 Marks

Legal Aptitude - 45 Marks

Logical Reasoning - 45 Marks

Since GK related questions are worth 50 marks, you should start preparing for these questions on your own. You can do the following:

1. Read newspapers like Times of India/Hindu/Hindustan Times.

2. Watch news everyday and keep yourself updated with current events.

3. You can also check latest news on Google News Search.

The most difficult part of the CLAT exam would be Legal Aptitude. To prepare for this 45 marks section do the following:

1. Start reading news about latest court cases and laws.

2. You can also do the same through Google News.

3. It is important to study how judge came to the verdict. What logic was put behind.

Others things to prepare for CLAT Exam are;

Buy good books related to English Grammar since English is also very important.

You should also buy good books on reasoning topics and study them.

Learn the Algebric formulas.

Start taking sample paper test and give yourself 2 hours to complete them.

Evaluate your performance after each sample paper test.
3rd September 2012, 01:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunajuneja View Post
what would be the right time to start clat coachings? i am presently studying in class 11. i am very confused as to when i should start my clat coachings to be able to have a good score in clat examinations

Tips to Crack CLAT:
  • This year CLAT Exam was conducted by the National University during the month of May. Which means even after giving your board exam you will get some time to revise for this exam. So i would recommend you to not take any pressure from now. Even if you start preparing for it from class 12 then also you will pass with flying colors. Let me tell you many of my friends used the last one month before the exam and did quite well.
  • But in order to get good marks in any exam regularity is the key. So if you can start in an advance then you will be one step ahead of your competitors. First and foremostly let me tell you that for this exam lots of questions will test your knowledge about current affairs. So your general knowledge needs to be very good.
  • So to keep yourself updated about recent facts and figures start seeing lots of news channel and read newspapers and magazines daily. If you think some news are of vital importance then cut that portion and keep it in a separate file. Manorama Yearbook or other such general knowledge books will also come in handy.
  • Other important sections will come in your grip only when you keep on practicing the papers. There will be questions where you need to rack your brain and some will need basic application of common sense. Your mind will start working only when you get used to them. None of the section is extremely tough or difficult to crack but you need to practice them hard to save time during exam time.
  • It is always a good idea to practice the old CLAT papers because then you will get accustomed with the question pattern and the areas to stress on. The question papers are generally available in the National University itself or you might get some by searching net as well. It will also help if you can get the help of someone who has given this exam before.
  • Since for this exam you need to mug and cram a lot of information like names of important personalities, awards and other such stuff so the advice would be to make short notes of them and every now and then if you can go through them then they will get saved in your mind.
  • Dont overstress yourself especially on the last few days. Keep that only to revise the notes that you have prepared. You should remember that its all in the mind. If you can keep your head cool and maintain a postive attitude then everything else will take care of itself.

CLAT Preparation Material:

The Ultimate Guide to the LLB Entrance Examination 2012
by M A Rashid, Nisa Fasil
Publisher: LexisNexis

Guide to LL.B. Entrance Examination 2012-13, 22nd Edn., (Based on New Syllabus)
by Universal
Publisher: Universal Law Publishers

LL.B Entrance Examination (5 Year Course)
by Gyan Prakash
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

LL.B. Entrance Examination Guide
by Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Examinations (Paperback)
by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson

CLAT Coaching Centers:
  • Career Launcher
  • Sriram Law Academy
  • Crack CLAT Tutorials
  • PRIME Tutor
  • Career Shapers Education Forum
  • PRIME Tutor
  • T.I.M.E.
3rd September 2012, 01:49 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

hi,
you are preparing for LLB so,you have to join coaching after 12th exam .

There are coaching for CLAT
Career Shapers Education Forum
IMS Institute
Sachdeva New P.T College
PRIME Tutor
T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd)
3rd September 2012, 01:50 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

hi,
you are preparing for LLB so,you have to join coaching after 12th exam .

There are coaching for CLAT
IMS Institute
Sachdeva New P.T College
PRIME Tutor
T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd)
6th September 2012, 07:03 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

CLAT- Common Law Admission Test.

*This exam is for candidates who want to study LLB course after completing 12th Standard.

Subjects:

*General English

*Legal Aptitude

*Logical Reasoning

*Elementary Maths

*General Knowledge/current Affairs

Books for LLB Entrance exam:

1.The Ultimate guide to the LLB Entrance examination 2012 by M A Rashid,Nisa Fasil

2.The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Examinations by Edgar Thorpe,showick Thorpe

3.LLB Entrance Examination Guide by Pankaj Kr.Jaiswal

4.LLB Entrance Examination by Gyan Prakash

Coaching Centers for CLAT:

*PRIME Tutor

*T.I.M.E

*Career Launcher

*Crack CLAT Tutorials

*Career Shapers Education Forum

*Sriram Law Academy

all the best.....
8th September 2012, 11:18 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

CLAT Stands Common Law Admission Test

Our comprehensive courses are specifically designed for ease of understanding enabling students of class XI to XII to confidently prepare for CLAT & various other law entrance exams of the top Law schools & Colleges in India
CLAT is an all India entrance examination conducted by 14 National Law Universities for admissions to their under-graduate law courses

Subjects :

Legal Reasoning & Aptitude
Logical Reasoning
Mathematics
English - verbal reasoning & verbal ability
General Knowledge - current affairs , static , GK

List of Law Colleges :

National Law School of India University , Bangalore

NALSAR University of Law , Hyderabad

NLIU , Bhopal

The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences , Kolkata

NLU , Jodhpur

HNLU , Raipur

Gujarat National Law University , Gandhinagar

Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law , Patiala

Chanakya National Law University , Patna

National University of Advanced Legal Studies , Kochi

Sriram Law Academy

Prime Tutor

Crck CLAT Tutorials
9th September 2012, 02:52 AM
surajm093

CLAT is not an easy exam to crack. It requires months of preparation to perform well in the CLAT Exam. If you start to prepare for the exam like 2-3 months in advance, it would put a lot of strain on you. Therefore ensure you are giving yourself enough time to start preparing for the CLAT Exam.
According to me you should start preparing for the CLAT after passing the 11th standard. You can start taking coaching classes after 11th. However coaching classes alone would not help you crack the CLAT entrance exam because a lot of questions in CLAT are related to general knowledge. So, read as much newspaper as you can along with coaching classes.
Good Luck
21st September 2017, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Right time to start coaching for CLAT Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'am too in class 9th and i have also chose LAW as my career don't know about you but I'am taking ARTS IN class 11 I guess it would be easier to prepare for CLAT in this stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?