21st March 2015, 06:37 PM
ASHWIN1989

How can I join Indian Army as a commando

Hi sir my name is ashwin .i want to join indian army commando .so do i need to join army first or i can join directly with some special exam.

22nd March 2015, 12:06 AM

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army as a commando

Dear Sir,
You need to join the army first for being a commando.
Moreover, there are commando regiments in air force and navy as well.

The air force commandos are Garuda and navy are MARCOS.

When you get into the army, air force or navy.
Then you have to perform extremely well in services for getting recommended by your senior officer.
then you have to clear tests and medical fitness for getting a commando joining.
22nd March 2015, 11:55 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

It is good to hear that you are keen to become a comnando. But note that becoming a commando is not a bed of roses. It requires lot of hard-work, physical fitness, bodily flexibility, bold, quick decision making ability, sharp minded, etc.

First of all, it is essential to be the part of any military or para-military forces. Only those persons are selected for commando training those are already serving in any defence forces, para-military forces or police forces.

Serving soldiers of military/para-military/police force who have excellent service record, excellent physical fitness level etc are taken into consideration for conmando training or for National Security Guard (NSG) commando too.
5th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I want to join indian army as a soldier my qualification is only 10th pass is it possible..?
Than I want to become comando can I. ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?