10th December 2018, 05:48 AM
Unregistered

How can I join National Defence Academy being an 11th student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 11th standard and I belongs to Uttar Pradesh. I want to join National Defence Academy. I would like to know that how I can join this academy. Kindly help me in this regard. Thank you!

14th December 2018, 11:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join National Defence Academy being an 11th student?

To join NDA ( National Defence Academy), you are required to qualify NDA entrance exam held by UPSC twice every year.

The basic qualifications required for appearing in NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

*Your age must in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education. In order to join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force wing of NDA you are required to have studied mathematics and physics at your class 12th level.

* Physical fitness is required as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of class 11th you will have to wait till you enter in your class 12th as a student of class 12th to can apply for NDA entrance examination.

For more details regarding the NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 09:15 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Note that 11th standard candidates/students cannot apply for NDA Exam.

Only 12th standard appearing/passed candidates can apply for NDA Exam.

In the next year, you can apply for NDA Exam and appear for the Written Test.

Firstly there will be Written Test, then if you qualify it there will be SSB Interview.

Apart from educational qualification, you must meet their age criteria and marital status requirements.

For proper preparation of NDA Exam, you can join coaching institute and also refer some good reference books.

Some of the popular books for preparation of NDA exam are listed below:

Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination Conducted by UPSC (English) 7th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Experts Compilation
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.550

Handbook of Mathematics - A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource {PB} (English) (Class 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I)
Price: Rs.120

NDA & NA Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers : Mathematics / English / General Ability with Explanatory Solutions (English) 5th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Experts Compilation
Released: 2014
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.195
15th December 2018, 02:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

The required eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidate are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination now and will become eligible to appear next year.

The examination is conducted in two stages. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 04:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join or appear for NDA examination while pursuing in 11th.

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in Defence Service.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

If you want to appear for the examination then you can appear for examination next year. It is conducted in two stages. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. The minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination now. The examination is conducted in two stages. So, now you can start preparation for the examination.

You will become eligible to appear for the examination next year. To get more detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:33 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts NDA and CDS for recruitment in defence service.

For NDA the minimum eligibility is 12th or pursuing in it.

For CDS is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination next year ( while pursuing in 12th ).

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 06:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join National Defence Academy being a 11th standard student. To be eligible to join National Defence Academy, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. So, being a 11th standard student, you have to complete 12th standard to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in National Defence Academy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?