15th August 2013, 01:21 AM
lincy.c.r

How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a BE, ECE graduate

SIR,
Am BE ,ECE graduate student.can i attend the IAS examination?what are the basic streams in IAS by my branch ECE

21st March 2014, 01:42 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a BE, ECE graduate

In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You have to be a graduate in any stream to appear for the UPSC. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.
23rd March 2014, 11:11 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a BE, ECE graduate

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

In order to be placed in any of the civil service in India, one should have to crack the following selection procedure

Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

Academic Qualification :
One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Number of attempts :
For General category : Maximum of 4 attempts
For OBC category : Maximum of 7 attempts
For SC or ST category : No limit on number of attempts

As you have completed your BE in ECE, you are eligible to apply for this Exam.

I suggest you to opt for the Electrical Engineering optional subject for Main Exam.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?