5th February 2014, 07:25 PM
vaibhav awate

How can one apply for the course of train driver?

how can one apply for the course of train driver?

19th May 2015, 03:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can one apply for the course of train driver?

RRB (railway recruitment board) conducts examination for train driver post from time to time to fulfill the vacant positions in the railway department. RRB publish notification for the recruitment its official website.

The procedure to apply for job of train driver in Indian Railways are following:-

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post should be in between 18 years to 30 years.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the personal interview for the qualified candidates.The written examination for the post of train driver is conducted by the authority under the guidance of various Railway Recruitment Boards of the country.

-The pay scale for the post is around Rs 5,200-20,200.

Application can be downloaded from the official website.The applicant who wishes to apply for zone should fill the application form and send it to the Railway Recruitment Board of that zone. Candidates can apply to one zone only.The application form , examination fees along with all required documents should be sent to the zonal office.
9th June 2015, 08:14 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can one apply for the course of train driver?

To become a train driver candidate have to qualify RRB exam first.RRB canducted the exam for Train driver post.RRB stands for railway recriutment board.

Candidate who want to become a Train Driver must pass his/her class 10th from a recognized board.General and OBC candidate must pass with atleast 50% marks and SC/ST with 45% marks.

To become a Train Driver candidate age should be between 18 years to 30 years.

Syllabus for this exam--
  1. General Awareness
  2. General Intelligence
  3. Arithmetic Ability
  4. Reasoning Ability
  5. Technical Ability

There are total 100 Question in the question paper.Writting time is 1 hour and 30 minutes.All Questions are of Objective type.Question paper comes in both languages Hindi and English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?