10th July 2013, 06:54 AM
Unregistered

How to change the field from Arts to medical?

hello sir my name is sara khan .im complete my 12 year in arts with good marks but right now i want to change my field im interested in medical so what should i do plz tell me

15th September 2016, 07:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change the field from Arts to medical?

1. If you are interested in medical courses like MBBS, BDS etc then you will have to again appear for 12th board exams because for these courses, Physics, Chemistry and Biology is necessary.

2. MBBS and BDS course require that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCB subjects and scored minimum of 50% marks. Then after you will have to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Those who qualify NEET with good rank are able to get admission in these courses. The age limit is 17-25 years for MBBS course and it is calculated on 31st December of year of examination.
16th September 2016, 12:18 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change the field from Arts to medical?

To be a student of medical stream you need to have completed your Class 12th with Science stream and that too with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects.

So, being a Class 12th passed student in arts stream which does not include all the three subjects mentioned subjects as main subjects you are not eligible for directly switching to medical stream at your graduation level.

But, if you are really interested in Science subjects and your are strength lies across the same then the only option with you is the option of reappearing in Class 12th with above mentioned subjects as main from a recognized regular or open board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?