17th August 2013, 10:51 PM
jha gavendra

How to do higher studies in IIT? I am a B.Tech 1st year student

Sir i would like to do my higher studies in IIT at present now iam doing my BTECH IM IN 1''st year

Related Questions:
  1. Which government jobs can I get on the basis of 10th and 12th? Is it better to go for Higher Studies? Will backlog affect when applying for higher studies?
  2. Which government job can I get on the basis of my 10th and 12th percentage which is 80%? Is it better to go for higher studies?
  3. Options and opportunities if I have no interest in Higher Studies after B.Tech
  4. Should I go for a job or higher studies after B.Tech? I am a 3rd year B.Tech mechanical student
  5. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to go for a job or higher studies after passing B.Tech Mechanical
  7. Which are the courses that I can do for higher studies in Petroleum Sector?
  8. What is the use of higher studies? I am a final year B.E Aeronautical engineering student
  9. Information regarding good Higher studies for me being a candidate pursuing B.Tech course?
  10. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  11. How can I get admission in IIT under the scholarship scheme DASA? Is a Nepali student eligible?
  12. What is the B.Tech percentage required for high studies in German?
  13. Information about higher studies in Foreign for B.E. student? -- [New]
  14. Should I go for higher studies or for placements after B.Tech Electronics and Electrical Engineering?
  15. List of various higher studies options after B.Tech
  16. How to do summer internship in Delhi? I am a 1st year B.Tech ECE student from IIT Kharagpur
  17. What should I do after passing B.Tech? I am a final year student in electronics and communication
  18. Higher studies opportunities available after B.Com? Details of the courses and Institutions offering the course?
18th August 2013, 09:40 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do higher studies in IIT? I am a B.Tech 1st year student

As you are pursing your B.Tech. Degree in Ist year, after completion of Final year i.e. B.Tech. Degree, you can apply for M.Tech. in IIT for higher studies.

For M.Tech. studies in IIT one has to apply, appear and crack it's entrance examination like GATE.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligible candidate aspiring for GATE, must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for GATE. There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.
18th August 2013, 10:51 AM
sauravdash

sir,
As every ones have the dream called iit i.e it may be iit kharagpur or iit delhi or soon .But after btech also one can join iit by qualifying gate exam which is held every year .
Like other exam it also have objective type question.Never the less it is also one of the toughest exam for which their are lots of competition .
so, if your are really thinking for your preparation should start from 2nd year it self.
Good luck
with glad
saurav dash
23rd August 2013, 04:20 PM
maruthidevi

As you are pursing your B.Tech. Degree in Ist year, after completion of Final year i.e. B.Tech. Degree, you can apply for M.Tech. in IIT for higher studies.

For M.Tech. studies in IIT one has to apply, appear and crack it's entrance examination like GATE.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligible candidate aspiring for GATE, must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for GATE. There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?