30th June 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

How to do LLB after scoring 36% marks? I am 50 years old

Sir I got only 36% marks in 1984. Now I am 50 yrs above. I want to do LLB but what is the eligibility of marks for admission?

30th June 2013, 11:38 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do LLB after scoring 36% marks? I am 50 years old

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law can be pursed in two ways, one after 12th for 5 years which is also called as Integrated LL.B. and other after Graduation for 3 years.

The candidate aspiring for 5 years LL.B., must be an Indian Citizen having completed 12th in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 30 years, can apply for the same through entrance exam like CLAT(Common Law Admission Test)

The candidate aspiring for 3 years LL.B., must be an Indian national having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years.

As per your specification you are not eligible to apply for any LL.B. Degree.
30th June 2013, 05:16 PM
sharma1987

Yes you can apply for LLB no age limit require for do LLB
30th June 2013, 08:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is impossible for you to take the LLB course. The issue here is not just the marks in graduation but also the age. I am afraid that you have passed the age limit to apply for the course.

There is a age limit for LLB course which is set by the Bar Council of India. Earlier there wasn't any but Bar Council of India felt that it served as disadvantage for candidates who pursue LLB as their first career option.

The view was that candidates who apply for LLB after a certain age were not really serious and therefore it serves as disadvantage for candidates who want to pursue it as their first priority.

Which is why Bar Council of India introduced the age limit which you are not meeting. Apart from that percentage in graduation is also an issue. 36 percent marks are very low for the LLB admission.

Do not bother to apply for LLB through correspondence because this course is only offered through regular mode. If completed the distance education / correspondence degree for LLB, it won't be recognized.

The Bar Council of India will not allow you to appear in court as lawyer. Which means there is no point going for the distance education course. Unfortunately you will have to think about something else since LLB is not the option.

LLB Eligibility

1. Bachelor's degree should be completed to apply for LLB.

2. 45 to 50 percent marks in it.

3. Up to 5 percent relaxation for the SC/ST.

4. The upper age limit is 30 years for LLB.

5. SC/ST can apply up to 35 years for LLB.
17th March 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I am B com graduate and my obtain marks is 36%, and my age is 43 years, can I get admission in distance LLB course?
18th January 2019, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

After scoring 38% marks in graduation and my age is 36 yrs , can I get admission in LLB from any recognised university or college ..
7th July 2019, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I have done ba with 42% marks & 50 year old can I do llb pl reply soon in my email id [email protected]
14th May 2020, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

My age is 46 and i acquire 39.72 % in my degree Marks , Can you suggest me any college / deemed university giving admission to get
admission for LLB
4th September 2021, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Can i do BALLB if I got 36% on 10 2
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?