2nd May 2013, 12:43 AM
neha7jha

How to do M.Tech in Bioinformatics or MSc Bioinformatics? I am a student of B.Pharm 4th year

sir/madam,
i am a student of b.pharm 4th year....i want to do master degree.will m.tech in bioinformatics or m.sc bioinformatic will be beneficial for me or which course will be best for me except mba??plz suggest me.........

2nd May 2013, 07:25 PM
ssanjay sain

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Bioinformatics or MSc Bioinformatics? I am a student of B.Pharm 4th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha7jha View Post
sir/madam,
i am a student of b.pharm 4th year....i want to do master degree.will m.tech in bioinformatics or m.sc bioinformatic will be beneficial for me or which course will be best for me except mba??plz suggest me.........
The program is fully funded and is designed to educate graduate students on stem cell research and further development of the biotechnology industry at large. Graduates of the program will have already gained practical experience and cutting-edge training.

Among other things, scientists apply this technology to Discover and develop gene-based drugs to treat, cure and prevent human diseases The growth of this biotech field is fueled in part by the Human Genome Project .With the advances in technology.
3rd May 2013, 11:07 PM
neha7jha

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Bioinformatics or MSc Bioinformatics? I am a student of B.Pharm 4th year

sir which course will be beneficial for me after b.pharm?m.tch bioinformatics or m.sc bioinformatics or m.pharm?
4th May 2013, 07:05 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Bioinformatics involves the usage of computer science and statistics to the
field of molecular biology.

Since, you are doing B.Sc. in Pharmaceutical, you are eligible for M.Sc. in Bioinformatics.

It is two year postgraduation course.

You can get admission in this course by qualifying a Central Entrance Test.

Eligibility for M.Sc. Bioinformatics –

Bachelor’s degree with 50% minimum marks in any of these specializations –

1. B.Sc. in Zoology / Botany / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Biotechnology / Microbiology . Biochemistry / Computer science. OR

2. B.Pharm OR

3. MBBS / BDS / BHMS OR

4. B.E .in computer Science / IT / Biomedical Engineering.
Colleges offering M.Sc.in Bioinformatics –

A.V.C. College, Tamil Nadu

A.N.J.A.College, tamil Nadu

Amity University, Noida

Amrita vishwaVidyapeetham, Kerela

Captain Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, M P

Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryan Agricultural university, Hisar

Central university of Bihar, Patna

DAV College, Chandigarh

Dibrugarh University, Assam

Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab

IIS University, Rajasthan

Indian Agricultural University, new Delhi

Krishna Institute of Technology and Management, Mathura

Noble Institute of Medical technology, Punjab

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?