14th July 2013, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Which is better between MSc Bioinformatics and MCA? I am interested in Bioinformatics

I am interested in bioinformatics. I am doing bsc computer science. Which is better msc bioinformatics or mca? Plese replay. I am in confusion.

17th July 2017, 10:51 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which is better between MSc Bioinformatics and MCA? I am interested in Bioinformatics

After completion of B.Sc (Computer Science), Both the courses MCA and M.Sc (Bioinformatics) are good for career. If you are interested to work in biomedical and biotechnology fields using computer science and technology, then you can pursue M.Sc (Bioinformatics). It's a good course and have a great opportunities available in that.

Scope In Bioinformatics
M.Sc (Bioinformatics) focuses on various aspects of bioinformatics that makes use of computer science and IT in biological and medical fields. After completion of this course, You may have job opportunities in various sectors.

Job Profiles
- System Engineer
- Technical Support
- Database Administrator
- System Analyst
- Bioinformatics Java Developer
- Programmer
- Bioinformatics Research Analyst
- Bioinformatics Computer Consultant

Top Recruiters In Bioinformatics
- GVK Bioscience
- Ranbaxy India Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceutics
- Biscon
- Strand Life Sciences
- Curagen
- AstraZeneca
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Celera Genomics

Scope In MCA
As compare with M.Sc (Bioinformatics), MCA having more job opportunities. You can choose the specialization of your interest in MCA and make a career in that.

Specializations In MCA
- Software Development
- System Management
- Application Software
- Hardware Technology
- System Engineering
- Troubleshooting
- Internet

Job Types
- Computer Programmer
- Software Application Developer
- System Analyst
- Technical Support Engineer
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Enterpreneur
- Internet Expert
15th December 2017, 05:33 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Which is better between MSc Bioinformatics and MCA? I am interested in Bioinformatics

If you are interested to work in bioinformatics then you can pursue M.Sc (Bioinformatics). It's a good course and have a great opportunities.

Job profiles:-

Biostatistician
Assistant professor
Bioinformatics analyst
Research associate
Team leader
Associate director
Bioinformatics trainer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?