27th August 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

How to do MSc Medical Biochemistry after doing BSc Chemistry

Dear Sir,

I done B.Sc. (Chemistry) in 1997 and at present I am working as a Lab Asst. in Biochemistry Laboratory, So I want to do M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry as a long distance courses. Is it possiable ?

Yours Sincerely,
Ashit Kotak

Related Questions:
19th December 2012, 07:59 PM
Vishal_13
Member+

Default Re: How to do MSc Medical Biochemistry after doing BSc Chemistry

My friends

M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry) - Is a Master of Science degree in Medical Biochemistry. Typically, an M.Sc. is a two year postgraduate degree, eligibility for which is an undergraduate degree in science stream. Medical biochemistry is an area that studies biochemical exchanges within the human body in relation to their application in the medicine field. Subjects studied under this degree are bio-organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, human physiology, basic immunology, enzymology, microbiology and virology, intermediary metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids, computer applications in biology, structural biology, bio energetics and bio-membrances, nutritional and clinical biochemistry and molecular biology.

Basic Eligibility

For admission into master’s degree program a student must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject from any Institute/university. The duration of the program is of 2 years.

Job Prospects

The demand for a career in biochemistry is increasing day by day with the increase in research field. There are certain fields were a biochemist can get employed such as medical, agriculture, public health care, forensic environment etc. This field has lot of opportunities for those who want to pursue a career as a researcher. Biochemist can get job opportunities in both private and public sectors.

The need of biochemist is also there in food industries, pharmaceutical industries and agro-chemical companies to build new products, quality control as well as safety of the existing products. Professionals are also being absorbed by educational institutes in the field of biochemistry.

Few sectors where Biochemists can find employment: -

Private Sector: -

Medical Instrument companies
Biotechnology
Food and Drink industries
Research Companies and Laboratories
Sales and Marketing Firms
Chemical manufacturing companies
Health and Beauty Care

Public Sectors: -

Drug Manufacturing Companies
Public Health Entities
Blood Service
Industrial Laboratories
Cancer research institutes
Research Departments
Educational Institutes
Environmental Pollution Control
Agriculture and fisheries
Forensic Science
Hospitals
Public Health Laboratories
Cosmetic Industries

Few job profiles: -

Clinical Scientist
Research Associates
Biomedical Scientist
Pharmacologist
Laboratory Technician
Biotechnologist
Research Scientist
Chemist
Microbiologist

Pay package: -

For freshers who want to build a career in this field have lucrative job opportunities waiting for them. Initially, their pay package ranges between Rs.20,000 to Rs.25,000 per month but withan increase in the experience of a candidate the pay package also increase Those who are not willing to opt for research field can opt for a career in the teaching field after having a degree in Ph.D in biochemistry.

Institutes Offering M.Sc. - Medical Biochemistry

Bharati Vidyapeeth University - Master of Science in Biochemistry
Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE) - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Kannur University - Master of Science in Medical Bio Chemistry
Kannur University - Master of Science in Medicl Bio Chemistry Lateral entry
Karunya School of Bio Technology & Health Science - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Karunya University - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Maharajah's Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS) - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana - Master of Science In Medical In Bio-Chemistry
Pune University - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) - Master of Science in Medical Bio-Chemistry
19th December 2012, 08:01 PM
Vishal_13
Member+

My friends

M.Sc. (Medical Biochemistry) - Is a Master of Science degree in Medical Biochemistry. Typically, an M.Sc. is a two year postgraduate degree, eligibility for which is an undergraduate degree in science stream. Medical biochemistry is an area that studies biochemical exchanges within the human body in relation to their application in the medicine field. Subjects studied under this degree are bio-organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, human physiology, basic immunology, enzymology, microbiology and virology, intermediary metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids, computer applications in biology, structural biology, bio energetics and bio-membrances, nutritional and clinical biochemistry and molecular biology.

Basic Eligibility

For admission into master’s degree program a student must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject from any Institute/university. The duration of the program is of 2 years.

Job Prospects

The demand for a career in biochemistry is increasing day by day with the increase in research field. There are certain fields were a biochemist can get employed such as medical, agriculture, public health care, forensic environment etc. This field has lot of opportunities for those who want to pursue a career as a researcher. Biochemist can get job opportunities in both private and public sectors.

The need of biochemist is also there in food industries, pharmaceutical industries and agro-chemical companies to build new products, quality control as well as safety of the existing products. Professionals are also being absorbed by educational institutes in the field of biochemistry.

Few sectors where Biochemists can find employment: -

Private Sector: -

Medical Instrument companies
Biotechnology
Food and Drink industries
Research Companies and Laboratories
Sales and Marketing Firms
Chemical manufacturing companies
Health and Beauty Care

Public Sectors: -

Drug Manufacturing Companies
Public Health Entities
Blood Service
Industrial Laboratories
Cancer research institutes
Research Departments
Educational Institutes
Environmental Pollution Control
Agriculture and fisheries
Forensic Science
Hospitals
Public Health Laboratories
Cosmetic Industries

Few job profiles: -

Clinical Scientist
Research Associates
Biomedical Scientist
Pharmacologist
Laboratory Technician
Biotechnologist
Research Scientist
Chemist
Microbiologist

Pay package: -

For freshers who want to build a career in this field have lucrative job opportunities waiting for them. Initially, their pay package ranges between Rs.20,000 to Rs.25,000 per month but withan increase in the experience of a candidate the pay package also increase Those who are not willing to opt for research field can opt for a career in the teaching field after having a degree in Ph.D in biochemistry.

Institutes Offering M.Sc. - Medical Biochemistry

Bharati Vidyapeeth University - Master of Science in Biochemistry
Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE) - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Kannur University - Master of Science in Medical Bio Chemistry
Kannur University - Master of Science in Medicl Bio Chemistry Lateral entry
Karunya School of Bio Technology & Health Science - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Karunya University - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Maharajah's Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS) - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana - Master of Science In Medical In Bio-Chemistry
Pune University - Master of Science in Medical Biochemistry
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) - Master of Science in Medical Bio-Chemistry
24th January 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

after i finished my Bsc biochemistry ,can i learn for M.Sc medical biochemistry?
2nd November 2013, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOWN ABOUT ENTRANCE EXAM &APPLICATION FORM FOR MSC IN BIOCHEMISTRY
15th November 2013, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

what is the difference between msc biochemistry and msc medical biochemistry
28th June 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Sc Biochemistry equivalent to M.Sc Medical Biochemistry?can M.Sc biochemist get job in hospitals as biochemist?
12th April 2017, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

I have done B.sc with zoology and chemistry from mjpru. Now can I apply form in amu in M.sc biochemistry
4th May 2021, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

What diploma course after bsc bio chemistry
11th May 2022, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I have degree in biochemistry and Bed in natural science. Can I write HSA natural science exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?