19th January 2013, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IIM with less percentage?

Respected sir,. . . . . . . . . . my 10th % is 64 and 12th is 68 and B.tech % is 70...sir can get admission into any IIM and i m of OBC quota..i m really woried about my academic marks..please rply sir..

21st January 2013, 02:41 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get admission in IIM with less percentage?

Hi
Your percantage are less for getting into the top IIMs and many other colleges, but there is no reason to worry. There are many good colleges (including 3 IIMs), which take admissions only on the basis of your CAT score card or the score you’ve obtained in their respective entrance exam.
So don’t worry about the less percentage, just focus your complete attention on the preparation of your CAT. Devote yourself completely to it for 6 months and you can easily get a very good college which will provide you a nice package
Gud luck
27th January 2013, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,in CAT they include our degree marks 50% as they do for engineering?........
27th January 2013, 06:45 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,. . . . . . . . . . my 10th % is 64 and 12th is 68 and B.tech % is 70...sir can get admission into any IIM and i m of OBC quota..i m really woried about my academic marks..please rply sir..
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.I.M after passing B.Tech with 70% marks.

For Admission in I.I.M you have to qualify the C.A.T.

C.A.T entrance exam is conducted by I.I.M Ahmadabad.

TOP COLLEGE UNDER C.A.T:-

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)

ALL THE BEST!
29th January 2013, 08:59 AM
ipmishra
Member+

Hello
You do not have to worry about anything.
You are eligible for IIM with 70% in B.Tech.
You have to qualify the Common Admission Test(CAT) with 90 to 100 percentile to get into an IIM.So prepare hard for the entrance without any heed to your percentage.

All the best.
31st January 2013, 06:46 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get admission in IIM with less percentage?

Quote:
Hi

IIM as you may know is the Indian Institutes of Management which are the top B-Schools or Management colleges in India and also among the top in the World. So at first only I should tell you that it is not easy to get through.

CAT - Common Admission Test is the one which is to be attempted by the aspirants in order to clear the written exam for entering in to the IIM's or other top B-Schools in India like BITS, IIT's, FMS, IMT, etc. So you can say that this exam is the one which is the key to all these top B-Schools.

Now at first you are required to be a minimum graduate/in your final year for you to apply for the top MBA Entrances like CAT, CMAT, GMAT, MAT, NMAT, XAT, IIFT, IBSAT, SNAP, etc and many others. There are no attempts or age limits to these.

Talking of the marks, you should be a minimum graduate and must be a pass student in your Metric and Higher Secondary. Though these marks count when the IIM's start calling you. But mind you that 50% is for the performance in CAT and the rest 50% in GD/PI and academic performance in the past i.e 10th, 12th and graduation.

So yeah I would say it does matter but its not really that important. I would say that if you can crack the CAT to your best, then you may easily get through any of the IIM's provided they call you. That also depends on your luck. Thus this is the ONLY way to get admission in the IIM's be it with good marks or less percentage.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
1st April 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir.
Will i get call from IIM A after scoring 50% in 10th,69% in 12th and 77% in B.sc(Economics).
Plz must reply sir.
8th May 2013, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my10th class pecentage is50%&12is58% and b.com60%, sir i am get abdmisson in iim colleges , sir please reply. iam very worried about my carrier.
9th May 2013, 05:38 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
For Admission in I.I.M you have to qualify the C.A.T exam.

I am happy to inform you that after passing B.tech with 70% marks you are eligible for C.A.T exam.

COMMON ADMISSION TEST

For C.A.T exam you have to pass graduation with any stream with minimum 50% marks. For ST/SC candidate 5% relaxation is their.

There is no age limit for C.A.T exam.

TOP M.B.A. COLLEGE:-

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)
16th May 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ma'am.......... I'm a student of 12th class and I dream to get admission in iimA....... So plzzzz tell me the procedure???....... How to prepare for entrance........?? Should I start my prep.......??? To get admission in iimA does depends on 12th or 10th marks???? Because i've secured only 75% in my 10th grade and ryt now i'm waitin for my 12th result.... N tell me 1 more thing that, "isn't it too late.... Ryt"???.... Don't hv idea..... totally confused........I'm worried....... Waitin for rply....... thank you......
26th May 2013, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

sir my 10th(51%), 2(62%), engg graduation(72%).i have no work exp. i belongs to sc category. can i get admission in iims.
27th May 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get into IIM if my b.tech % is only 55% and if i qualify in C.A.T??? plz rply
22nd June 2013, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have my 80.4% in 10th and 73.5% in 12th and 59.1 %in engineering and aiming for the top colleges of mba and i am of sc category also. can i get into iim a , b or c if i score well in cat and wat should be my minimum aim for percentile in cat plz reply me sir i am really worried about my academics
22nd June 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam,
i am a 12th science student, want to do mba from IIM but dont want to do it after doing btech ,am i eligible for cat exam after 12th,and suppose i clear it will i be able to take admission there.
17th July 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I hve passed my 10th and 12th with 80% but I am doing graduation through correspondence and just scoring 45%.is there a possibility that apply for CAT exam?
17th July 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/ma'am
I'm a student of Bachelor of Business Mang. and I dream to get admission in iimA, my score in 10th is 61% and in 12th 59.3%. M totally confused.... n m worried about this....
wating for ur replay... thankq...
17th July 2013, 11:17 PM
luvkul

I have scored 45% in b.com. How can i get admission in mba?
18th July 2013, 05:57 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
As you have good marks in all academic education.You have get 64% in class 10th,68% in class 12th and 70% in B.Tech(Engineering Course).Your percentage of marks is above 60% in all academic education till now thus get surity that you will be eligible to apply for CAT(Common Admission Test) Exam.But you will get IIM Colleges by the Common Admission Test is depend on various other factors.These factors are :
  • Your Communication Skills.
  • Your Working Experience.
  • Your Analytical Thinking.
CAT Exam is conducted on the basis of Graduation level and you have done your bachelor degree course in Engineering thus you are eligible to apply for CAT Exam.Minimum marks which is required is 50% which is fulfilled by you.

There is seat reservation facility for reserved category candidates and it will also help you to get admission in IIM's.Reservation of seats through CAT Exam in IIM's is as follows :
  1. 15% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
  2. 7.5% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe Candidates.
  3. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes Candidates.
Preferences given to the candidates who meet these given conditions :
  • Candidates having 60% marks in 10th,12th and in Graduation or above.
  • Minimum 2 years of working experience related to their filed.
  • Candidates who worked in International Organizations.
As you will have to study as per its syllabus and you will have to work hard to crack this exam and if you meet these given conditions above then you will get admission in IIM colleges .

Latest Notification from Indian Institute of Management has been announced for CAT Exam 2013.You can apply for this exam and you can fulfill your dream.
Its basic details are :
  • Official website to visit for Online Registration -->> www.catiim.in
  • Updates Information will be available from 21st July 2013 on its official website.
  • Sale of CAT Vouchers - 29 July to 24 September 2013.
  • Registration Date - 29 July to 26 September 2013.
  • CAT Written Exam - 16 October 2013 & 11 November 2013.

21st July 2013, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

sir am with 75% in 10 th 53% in 12 graduation 58% iw ish to apply for hospital management in iim. whether iam eligible.kindly reply.
22nd July 2013, 04:50 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I hve passed my 10th and 12th with 80% but I am doing graduation through correspondence and just scoring 45%.is there a possibility that apply for CAT exam?
With just 45% marks in Graduation you cannot apply for the CAT exams

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

But you can apply for the below MBA written tests:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur

Major MBA colleges accepting XAT scores are:
Xavier Labour and Relations Institute
Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar
Loyola Institute of Business Administration
Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Bangalore
St. Joseph's College of Business Administration, Bangalore
Acharya School of Management
Asia Pacific Institute of Management
Birla Institute of Management Technology

Major MBA colleges accepting MAT scores are
Alliance, Bangalore
Amity, Noida
Christ University, Bangalore
XISS, Ranchi
IBMR, Bangalore
IILM, Institute for Higher Education
Institute of Rural Management (IRM), Jaipur
M S Ramaiah, Bangalore
EDI, Ahmedabad
EMPI, New Delhi
NILM, Delhi
SCMS, Cochin (Kochi)
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
11th May 2014, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir.. I got 59 % in 10th , 62% in 12th. & 65 % in bca....can i apply for cat ?

& plz give me iim's college fees structure
20th May 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to get admission in IIM with less percentage?

Quote:
Sir.
Will i get call from IIM A after scoring 50% in 10th,69% in 12th and 77% in B.sc(Economics).
Plz must reply sir.
oh come on!!!! You need to concentrate only on your CAT score which must be around 99-100 percentile to procure a seat at IIM-A.
20th August 2014, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Assuming I get a very high score in cat.
But I'm not in the top 5 percentile of my class. Will I get IIMA?
24th August 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

sir my 10th %is 73 and 2 58 and b.tech 70%and i have no work exp.can i get a seat in iim.plz re play..
22nd September 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

sir , i got 95% in my 10th,95% in my 12th but only 60% in my b tech .What is may chance into iim ahmedabad?
24th September 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i secured 54% in matriculation and 74.5% in intermediate and 70.4% in b.tech. Is there any possibility get seat in any iim's? Please suggest me with your answer sir.
20th November 2014, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I had completed B.tech with 66.5% 12th -78.6% and 10th- 69% i am a sc candidate how much percentage should i hava to get to join in iims
29th April 2015, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 89% in 12th,89.83 in 10th but 58% in b.tech .can i make a call from iim's with high percentile.I am a general candidate.
31st July 2015, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..i want to know that,if the matric and HS marks is poor,is determine to getting seat into iim.
9th August 2015, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know how much percentage is required in CAT for normal candidate.
24th August 2015, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 72% in 10th and 84% in 12th and 57%in my graduation. I belong from a sc category. How much percentile is required to get an call from any of the iim?
5th September 2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have got 72% in 10th, 60% in 12th and 68.45% in graduation (management) and also I am from general category. which IIM is fit for me?
23rd February 2016, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have got 82% in 10th, 62% in 12th and graduation (BCA) and also I have 2 year work experience and I'm from general category. How much percentile is required to get an call from any of the iim?
6th January 2017, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir . I have scored 55% in 10th board , 62.5% in 12th board and 70% in Graduation .......how much marks or percentile , I should score to get admission in a good MBA college ...I m really worried about it ....Respected Sir .plzz answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?