20th September 2011, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

How to get admission for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering having secured 48% in BE with Mechanical stream?

Hello,
I have completed BE(mech) from Pune University and I intend to persue M Tech in Automobile Engg from a decent college. The problem is that my BE percentage is very low being 48 percent. So even if I do manage to crack GATE most of the colleges would refuse admission based on my academics. Then what's the point in preparing for GATE?

Related Questions:
  1. Chances of getting lateral entry into B.Tech Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  2. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  3. How to get admission for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering having secured 48% in BE with Mechanical stream?
  4. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering after B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering? Requirements for getting admission into the course in USA and Germany?
  6. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  7. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
  8. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  9. Best stream to study among Mechanical, Computer, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Chemical and Automobile in Diploma in Engineering course?
  10. Can I do M.Tech in Automobile Engineering after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering? Requirements for admission in Germany and USA for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering?
  11. Can I study B.E.(Automobile Engineering) if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges in Maharashtra?
  12. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  13. Am i eligible for 2nd year Lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering? i have done diploma in Automobile engineering with 74%.
  14. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  15. Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Colleges offering M.Tech in Automobile engineering? I have completed B.e in Automobile Engineering with 58.4% aggregate
  17. Requirements for getting admission for M.Tech Automobile Engineering in USA and Germany?
  18. In which NIT should i apply for M.Tech so as to get admission after scoring 534 in Production and Industrial Engineering?
20th September 2011, 07:23 AM
sidbond

Default Re: How to get admission for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering having secured 48% in BE with Mechanical stream?

Yes, most of the colleges require you to pass with a first class degree.

However there are colleges(Deemed colleges) which have lenient admission citeria. Such as the SAstra university or AMity. It is recommended you sit for GATE and score well. Then head up to such colleges and it is sure you will get a seat.
As you are a student of Automobile Engineering, I suggest you also take a look at Manipal University.
20th September 2011, 03:16 PM
vivekdas.raja

Default Re: How to get admission for M.Tech in Automobile Engineering having secured 48% in BE with Mechanical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed BE(mech) from Pune University and I intend to persue M Tech in Automobile Engg from a decent college. The problem is that my BE percentage is very low being 48 percent. So even if I do manage to crack GATE most of the colleges would refuse admission based on my academics. Then what's the point in preparing for GATE?
hello,
dear friend ,
as you know that its impossible to get admission with such a low marks..........

i will suggest you to go for some bank exams like ssc(staff selection commission),
SSC(school selection commission), IPS, IAS, Bank PO exam..... etc..........

this will make a new life line for you./........
7th December 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

I am teacher of vocational education in automobile under W.B.S.C.V.E & T. I have passed B.Sc. in Automobile Maintenance(3-years) from Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya under Vidyasagar University in 2001. This course is approved by UGC. Now I want to do higher education (Distance) in Automobile Engineering like M.Sc / M.Tech in automobile engineering.Please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?