14th May 2015, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?

Hello

I passed out my 12th this year SSC Board Maharashtra I had a dream to be an Automobile Engineer but i say in Mumbai and there are very few colleges of Automobile Engineering my parents say that go to mechanical engineering college so what should i do mechanical engineering or Automobile Engineering ??? :/ are the both Engineering same in few things I love cars and interested in them that's the reason i wanna become an Automobile Engineer so if I do Mechanical engineering will it take me to make a car or like that

Thank-you,
Reply SOon

Related Questions:
  1. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  2. Which engineering course is the best between Automobile and Mechanical Engineering? List of the best engineering institutes in India?
  3. Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?
  4. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?
  5. Colleges offering the course in Automobile Engineering under Anna University?
  6. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  7. How to do Automobile course after preparing for B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? What is the scope for this?
  8. Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I study B.E.(Automobile Engineering) if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges in Maharashtra?
  10. Difference between Automobile and Automotive Engineering? Which engineering course is better?
  11. Which stream should I choose between Mechanical and Automobile engineering
  12. How to do a career in Automobile Engineering after completing diploma computer engineering
  13. What should I learn within mechanical or automobile engineering after passing diploma in automobile engineering?
  14. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  15. Am i eligible for 2nd year Lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering? i have done diploma in Automobile engineering with 74%.
  16. Am I eligible to join Automobile Engineering after completion of BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Best universities for Masters in Automobile in Germany and Canada after B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)?
  18. Which are the field related to Automobile except Automobile Engineering?
14th May 2015, 10:06 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?

If you have a dream of becoming a Automobile Engineer then you must go for this course because if you will leave your dream stream and choose another one due to absence of colleges in your area even you are able to afford the expenses then it would be a foolish idea that would not take you to the goal and definitely you can go for mechanical engineering but you will not be a perfect mechanical engineer because your mind says, you should pursue and learn more about automobile but you would study mechanical so this would not give you complete success in your life.

You can get jobs after completion of Mechanical engineering in mechanical field and will be involved in machines and machinery due to being an engineer of this field but the subject you want to study will be the most interesting one for you so think about your career after mechanical engineering.

You must talk to your parents and request them, that you are ready to go to other states where automobile engineering colleges are available on lower costs and I am sure they will understand your condition and allow you to study automobile engineering degree in other state so you can start your career in automobile engineering.

One thing you also said that you are interested in cars that is why interested in automobile engineering and if this is the reason why you are choosing this course then you may definitely improve your knowledge because the practical with live facilities will be the best way.

Except this, you need to know that Automobile Engineers are recruited by various government Maharatna and Navratna Companies so you also need to focus on such recruitment if you want to secure your future with great jobs and higher salaries and perks.

I have listed some colleges offering Automobile Engineering degree in Mumbai :

>> Institute of Engineering and Technical Studies.
>> Institute of Management and Technical Studies.
>> M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering.
>> Pillai Institute of Information Technology
>> Saraswati College of Engineering

So you can get admission in any of these colleges and pursue your course.
3rd July 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to be an automobile engineer and recently got completed my b.tech and diploma with mechanical aggregate of 60% and 65%.respectively(with few baks earlier during b.tech)
So,do i have any chance of being it or not...
If yes then wat r the other requirements to be a perfect automobile engg.
Plsss... Reply
Wil b thankful for that.
10th September 2015, 05:37 AM
Unregistered

I am very interested in automobiles , but I have completed my b.tech with mechanical engineering. .. and I want to go completely in automobile field ...plz sujjest me what should I do ... If I do m.tech in automobile I wil cover ..and I want to go in big companies like AUDI BMW tesala etc. .
3rd August 2017, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I have a dream of being automobile engineer but few people are saying to join mechanical. Which one I should choose mechanical or automobile?
12th August 2017, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

How can i joim mechanical engineering after completing my automobile engineering diploma?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?