18th July 2013, 12:06 AM
reema kaushik

How to get a lecturer job in different colleges?

I am persuaing p.hd but not completed (UGC) NET . Is net qualifying is important for lecturership . please give me some suggestions .

Related Questions:
  1. How to get Lecturer jobs in Government colleges having completed M.Tech?
  2. How to get Lecturer Job in Government Colleges after the completion of MCA?
  3. How may I get a lecturer job in engineering colleges in Lucknow? Provide list of all private and government engineering colleges in Lucknow
  4. How to get a job as hindi lecturer in various universities/colleges?
  5. What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?
  6. Which entrance test should I attend if I am looking for a lecturer job at government or aided colleges? What is the procedure to get the lecturer job?
  7. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English?
  8. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply for Lecturer vacancies in Government Polytechnic Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  10. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply? -- [New]
  11. What is the procedure of SET-NET exam?
  12. Can I apply for a job of lecturer in management colleges after doing MBA correspondence?
  13. Can I get a Job as Lecturer in Polytechnic colleges having finished BE in Computer Science? Required procedure to apply for this?
  14. How to apply for government lecturer job in government polytechnic colleges?
  15. How can I get lecturer job after qualifying NET exam
  16. How to become a lecturer in good colleges?
  17. Jobs as lecturer in commerce in Tirunelveli Colleges?
  18. How to get a government job as lecturer in polytechnic college in Tamilnadu
18th July 2013, 08:33 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a lecturer job in different colleges?

As per AICTE you need to fulfill the below minimum eligibity conditions to apply for the Post of Asst Professor in Colleges

Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks
and
UGC NET qualified
Or
PHD qualified

So, if you complete your PHD than you do not need to have NET qualifications

But i would suggest that you should apply for NET also
If you clear that exam that would be an additional qualification

NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
18th July 2013, 07:37 PM
mandiv

hello
In order to become an Associate Professor in any recognized university, one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.
Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.
Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.

The National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year and for more information regarding the test, you may refer to www.ugcnetonline.in

In order to be considered as Professor in Universities and Colleges in India, one must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
Must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors as well as Masters level in relevant discipline.
Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant Professor in a recognized university or College.
Must hold a PhD degree in relevant discipline.
so best of luck
3rd July 2019, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit for becoming lecturer in Government colleges in India? Is there any age limit for becoming assistant professor in government colleges or Universities in India?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?