8th August 2012, 01:51 PM
edwardc

How to be an IAS after cracking CLAT? I am in 10th

i m in 10th........confused in opting subjects in 11th...please help..... i want to be an IAS after cracking CLAT.......

1st October 2012, 04:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an IAS after cracking CLAT? I am in 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc View Post
i m in 10th........confused in opting subjects in 11th...please help..... i want to be an IAS after cracking CLAT.......
Nice to see that you are Interested to become IAS Officer and to become IAS, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination, but to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised university, final year appearing candidates are also eligible for CSE.

CLAT stands for Common law admission test and this is different examination to get admission in Law course, You can apply for CLAT Examination just after completing your Intermediate examination or when you pursuing your final year of course.

So, please decide first, what is you aim, you can go for CLAT Examination to get admission in Law course and after completing your Bachelor of law course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

You need a graduate degree to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years to apply for CSE.

Notification of this examination is published in the month of February every year. Eligible and Interested candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

So, please complete your graduation first and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination, if you need more details then check official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
1st October 2012, 05:05 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

There are three stages in IAS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

good luck
1st October 2012, 05:06 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

good luck
1st October 2012, 05:32 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

You are now pursing in 10th standard so after completion of 12th in any stream you can apply, appear and crack CLAT.

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test conducted by National Law university for admission to five year Integrated Law Degree(LL.B.). Accordingly you can crack CLAT after 12th to purse LL.B. course within the age of 20 years.

After completion of Law Degree you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination to become an IAS officer with the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th July 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR CLAT? AND COACHING IS REQUIRED FOR CRACKING CLAT EXAM?
17th July 2013, 11:18 AM
saigourav0512
Member+

Hi friend……

=> Main Exams
=> Interview
=> maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC. http://upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2014, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 12th classs with science. subjets I want to become an IAS afte LAW .kindly guide me?
19th November 2020, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

can i sit for UPSC Exam after clearing CLAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?