14th February 2015, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in 11th standard to prepare for CLAT and IPS exam?

Hello
Which stream is the best for
cracking clat & IPS exam?
i am in 10th and
I am going in 11th in the coming year......

16th February 2015, 04:42 PM
bablurocks

Default Re: What should I study in 11th standard to prepare for CLAT and IPS exam?

To prepare CLAT and IPS exam, you have to study all topic of these two exam after 11th standard.

You should start the preparation based on pattern and syllabus of CLAT as well as IPS exam. All the subject areas such as General Knowledge , Reasoning, Arithmetic’s, legal reasoning, language etc.. should be given equal importance.

You can refer previous year question paper and also some standard books as part of your preparation.

You can choose any stream in 11th, 12th and graduation for these two exam.
16th February 2015, 07:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in 11th standard to prepare for CLAT and IPS exam?

You can opt for Science stream in your 11th standard if you are interested to appear in CLAT and IPS examinations.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. Candidates who wish to get admission in U.G programme through CLAT examination must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline with not less than aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised board.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Candidates who have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. So, if you opt for Science stream in your 11th standard, you can appear in CLAT examination after completion of your 12th standard and you can pursue your Graduation course and then, you can appear in IPS examination after completion of your Graduation degree from a recognised university.
16th February 2015, 09:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have passed 12th class in ANY DISCIPLINE are eligible to appear in both CLAT and IPS Examinations. So you are free to choose the best stream (in 11th and 12th) which you are really interested in. Basically choosing best stream mainly depends on your achievements and goals. As far as my knowledge is concerned, I suggest you to go with Arts stream (in Intermediate). Yes, if you go with Arts stream you would get good idea on sociology, economics topics at 10+2 level. Knowledge of these subjects would definitely help you when you appear in CLAT and IPS Examinations.

Educational qualification criteria:

For CLAT U.G Programme - 12th class in any discipline from a recognized university

For CLAT P.G Programme - LLB/ an Integrated LLB/ equivalent qualification from recognized university

For IPS Exam - Graduation or Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?