4th March 2011, 01:48 PM
vennelagovindu

How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

i was very good at english in school..but now being an engineering student i am not able to speak fluent english..

4th March 2011, 02:51 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

To improve your English.Start speaking in English with your friends in college and at your home.This is the best way to improve your speaking skills.other than going to institute for spoken English courses.Their you have to spend some amount,then also you may not able to improve your speaking,because their they will start with grammar first,which we will not show any interest.
I suggest you to speak with your friends from now,within a short period i.e 2 to 3 month you will be perfect,but be more close to friend who is perfect in english.so that he may correct you wrong spelled words,
4th March 2011, 02:58 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hi

to improve the english you have to use the english words in your general language.

you have to read the english news paper.
if you need then you also join the english speaking course.
you also practice in english speech.
thanks.
4th March 2011, 03:01 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

You have developed an unnecessary fear. Speaking English has nothing to do with your engineering. You should practice speaking more and more wherever you get an opportunity. Practice speaking in front of a mirror don’t feel embarassed in speaking, if you speak more you will be fluent and you will slowly start to speak correct english. This is the trick. Also form a group of friends or family members and converse with them.
Dont mind if they dont understand you speak on whatever you like and see the difference in 10 days.
4th March 2011, 03:06 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

You have developed an unnecessary fear. Speaking English has nothing to do with your engineering. You should practice speaking more and more wherever you get an opportunity. Practice speaking in front of a mirror don’t feel embarassed in speaking, if you speak more you will be fluent and you will slowly start to speak correct english. This is the trick. Also form a group of friends or family members and converse with them.
Dont mind if they dont understand you speak on whatever you like and see the difference in 10 days.
4th March 2011, 03:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
As you have mentioned that your command over English was good during your school days, the present problem might be because you have not been communicating with your friends in English. To maintain the command over a particular language, you need a regular practice. Since, you have not been communicating in English since a longer period of time, you have lost your confidence. to overcome this problem, you may do the following.
Try to communicate in English within your social circle as much as you can. Make a regular habit reading English newspapers, magazines etc.
By reading English newspapers and magazines, you will be able to learn various terms which you may use while communicating.
You may also purchase English speaking course books, CD's available in the market.
Apart from this, there are various such program available on the internet
4th March 2011, 03:09 PM
Arsalaan

Yours is a very general problem .. it happens because people
tend to lose touch with language since there is not much laungage
practice in engineering colleges, unlike school.
The solution is simple .. just speak more n more of english.
you can use the mirror technique. You stand in fron of mirror and talk to yourself.
speak on general topics ... then you can also join or create a club
of people who wana improve thein english.
you can speak freely without worryin that you are correct or not .. dispel your fears.
Also parcticipate in case studies and public speaking events where you will be able
to speak and practice.
4th March 2011, 03:40 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Well thats very sad. But today English language is the need of the day. Wherever you go for a job or anything else, you will notice that more and more people are speaking in English and thats what connects the world. English is the universal language of communication.

The only way to speak good English is to actually start speaking in English.

Once you start speaking in English, then you will realize what are your problems and where you can improve.

Also, read English dailies, newspapers, magazines to improve your vocabulary. Listen to English news and try speaking as much as possible in English.

Today there are many institutes that provide expert coaching in English. But as you say that you know good English from school days, so wont need that.

Tell your family and friends to only speak in English with you, but if they use any other language, then you make it a point to answer back in English.

Just follow the steps i noted and you will surely improve your English!

So start speaking in English from today!!
4th March 2011, 03:40 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to improve the spoken english power for an engineering students is not so much difficult. also they don't need to take admission in any other private spoken english coaching classes.

just follow some procedure to improve your speaking power. first of all you have to built in your mind that you have to speak in english. may be you speak english very bad till you have to speak english in front of your friend or in the communication classes.

must attend the communication classes regularly because it is a platform where you will get chance to speak in english and also you will know some way to improve your communication power.

study english newspaper regularly. watch english news on television or any other english program. try to watch english movie a lot with more concentration. try to understand english song.

daily practice english speaking may be along in a room in front of mirror or in front of mirror at least for 1 hours. whenever you will speak with your teacher or any other professional person try to speak in english. may be if you speak in your first language you will be able to express good till you have to speak in english because at that time you will try your best to speak english and it will help you a lot to improve your speaking power.

try to think in english whatever you are speaking in your first language. improve you vocabulary from the newspaper, television etc.

just practice in this way. within one year your fear for english speaking will go and after two years you will be able to speak english fluently.

one thing this procedure is not so much easy. there are so many burden will come when you will follow these steps. someone may lough on you. but you have to continue it. do not think that you never speak well english fluently. take it easily don't be shy. as an engineer you must speak english fluently other wise so much people will lough on you instead of one or two person.

best of luck.
4th March 2011, 04:00 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

The first rule of speaking English is to speak clearly, concisely and use simple vocabulary

Get over any fear you might have of making mistakes. You will make mistakes.

Be patient with yourself. Learning any language can be frustrating, but frustration won't help you, so let it go.

Grasp every opportunity you have to speak with people in English.

Talk to friends who are also learning English. Go out together for coffee and only speak English to each other!

Read short stories out loud and try to see, say and hear the words to reinforce your memory. Record yourself and play it back later, how does it sound?

Try singing along to English songs
4th March 2011, 04:01 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

To improve English: -

1. Join any spoken English coaching class.

2. Read & Learn english newspapers daily (Like - Times of India, Hitvada, Cronicle....etc.)

3. Read & Learn more & more english words daily.

4. Read & Learn more & more meanings of english words daily.

5. Purchase a rapidex book from market & start practice to speak.

6. Start making sentences.

Good Luck
4th March 2011, 04:01 PM
sachin2places

Language
improvement
is
easy,
if
we
enjoy
doing
it.
In-
fact
everything
is
easy
in this world, if we love to do it.
So for improving your spoken
English you need to enjoy the
learning process. There are
number of resources available
online, which makes your
learning process easy.
The best way to do it, is by using
English games. Check out online
for a plethora of material for
English improvement. The net
provides a plethora of
information about various
activities and ways to Improve
spoken English. But you need to
find the one that appeals and
draws your attention. That is
important so as to keep you
intact with the learning process.
Apart from these, there are many
spoken English articles, which
could be very useful. The audio
courses available on the net are
helpful to make your self
accustomed to the way the
English is spoken.
Internet is wide, and unlimited,
search for resources, but stick to
those which you like and are able
to understand. Because that will
help you to gain confidence.
Sometimes too many resources
also can hamper your progress
of English learning, as you could
be confused regarding which to
choose. But narrowing your
search to a few genuine and
authentic English teaching sites,
can boost your performance in
an amazing way.
4th March 2011, 04:34 PM
krupadesai

Improving Spoken English Skills:-

- Make a habit of reading english newspapers loudly(atleast 10-15 minutes/day), listening to english news, songs.

- Start dreaming in English:Talk in English, Think in English & develop confidence in you.

- Jot down new words to you in a book & improve your vocabulary. Try to learn atleast 5 new words used in day-day life everyday.

- Use dictionary, books & try to speak grammatically correct English with proper ascent & pronunciation. Avoid slang words & speak calmly with a clear message.
4th March 2011, 07:37 PM
vipin025

Arrow Re: How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

by help of personal development classes.....
4th March 2011, 09:49 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

first u try to speak in english in home in your parents or other known persions or friends.

then u read always english news paper
watch english movies
and news channel

try to speak as much possible
4th March 2011, 11:23 PM
babydoll

hello friend,
This is really good for you as you want to learn English. As you know,having command in English language can develop your personality as well as good communication skills.
There are many way to develop your communication skill. first of all you fixed your time for practice, say about 1hr daily...but you can practice as you wish. So i advise you to try to speak English always.
As you are engineering student so you have the environment for which you can speak more and more English.
If you speak English daily then your fluency will be increased day by day....and you become very fluent without any hesitation.
So keep trying speak English more and more.........good luck!!!
5th March 2011, 02:15 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

English Is The Main Problem In These Days, Without Engish, No One Can Get Good Jobs In Future. So, If You Are Interested To Get Improve Your Communication Skills, Then i Will Suggest You Just Speak In English With Your Friends, Only Then You Will Be Able To Improve Your Communicatin Skills.

This Is Only the Way, To Improve Your Communication Skills.

So, Please Always Speak In English In Your Friends Group, And Always Try To Speak In English, If You Really Interested To Improve Your Communication Skills.

If You Will Face More Difficultites, In English, Then Its Better To Join Good Communication Center, They Will Definitely Help You To Improve Your Communication Skills.

So, If You Dont Speak In English Regularly, The You Will Not Be Able To Improve Your Communication Skills. So, Please Read the English Movie, Newspapers And Magzines Regularly In Your Daily Life. So, Please Talk With English With Your Friend, Whether You Aae Right Or Wrong.

So, If You Cant Speak In English Reguarly, Then You Will Not Be Able To Improve Your Communication Skills. So, English Language Is Not Tough, If You Can Practice Daily, Then You Will Be Able To Improve Your Spoken English.

So, Please Always Try To Speak In English Within Your Friend Circle, If You Really Interested To Improve Your Communication Skills.
5th March 2011, 03:03 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

hello friend...

It was exact opposite for me cause when i used to be in school i never ever open my mouth to speak english but i used to study the subject with some interest but coming to college things changed cause i had no other go rather to converse in english with my friends at start my english language was very bad but once i started continuing to speak in english things started to change i was able converse more fluently than before so i ll advice you to speak english to your friends whenever you find a chance without thinking whether it will right or not... to speak in english the basic thing which we have to be known is basic grammar which we studied in school... i have attached 2 e-books which helps you to brush the basic engllish grammar in this post... check it over... hope th info. helps...
5th March 2011, 05:55 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Nowadays English plays a major role as most of the companies need good communication skill .There are following steps which can be really helpful. (1)Be positive in your thinking. try to think matters in english (2)You can join either spoken classes or follow the below written steps (3)Watch english news and learn to express yourself in different situations from newsreader. (4)Read english newspaper daily and try to grasp the things from there. (5)If you get tense while speaking english infront of others, then you can try speaking infront of mirror. (6)Your friends are best option so don't hesitate to speak in english with them. (7)Try to speak in english in class.don't think negatively. be positive.
5th March 2011, 07:29 AM
uarunb

thats great answer
5th March 2011, 08:00 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You told that already you are good at English at your school level. I don't know why you have not continued the same till your engineering.

Anyway to improve your English, it solely depends on you. You yourself have to put the efforts and reep the benefits. The best way to develop English is continuous speaking in English with other persons. Whether it may be with friends, family persons or relatives.

And at the same time once discussion or conversation is over for a period of them, request them to intimate any mistakes or wrong usage of sentences to you that is what they find in you. Try to not repeat those the same mistakes for the next time.

Before that have some inputs or be equipped with some inputs like Grammar. Learn all aspects of grammar like tenses, articles, prepositions, voice etc. If you are good at grammar obviously you yourself can know the usages of some words or sentences.

In addition go through some English news papers, magazines and watch English channels.
5th March 2011, 08:30 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennelagovindu View Post
i was very good at english in school..but now being an engineering student i am not able to speak fluent english..
How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

The Best way to Improve your English Communication is to speak with friends and your faculty members and staff only in English.
Now a days Everybody has a Mobile phone so whenever you are free speak to customer care about any issue only in English.
Read Daily English Newspaper and try to understand .
Make a group of friends and choose any topic and do discussion only in English.
Watch English Movies and Read English Magazines whenever your are free.
Make a list of daily used vocabulary and remember and use it in your sentences.
Follow some good English Grammar book to improve your Grammatical Errors.
If you follow above steps then within few months you are able to speak fluently.Just follow and see the deference.

Regards:-
khanddn
5th March 2011, 10:42 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
You should study english newspaper daily and used most of words in english .i am suear that you will do best.
Good luck
5th March 2011, 11:31 AM
Arvi.S

i. Observe the mouth movements of those who speak English well and try to imitate them.
When you are watching television, observe the mouth movements of the speakers. Repeat what they are saying, while imitating the intonation and rhythm of their speech.

ii. Until you learn the correct intonation and rhythm of English, slow your speech down.

If you speak too quickly, and with the wrong intonation and rhythm, native speakers will have a hard time understanding you.
Don't worry about your listener getting impatient with your slow speech -- it is more important that everything you say be understood.

iii. Listen to the 'music' of English.
Do not use the 'music' of your native language when you speak English. Each language has its own way of 'singing'.

iv. Use the dictionary.
Try and familiarise yourself with the phonetic symbols of your dictionary. Look up the correct pronunciation of words that are hard for you to say.

v. Make a list of frequently used words that you find difficult to pronounce.
Record these words, listen to them and practice saying them. Listen and read at the same time.

vi. Buy books on tape.
Record yourself reading some sections of the book. Compare the sound of your English with that of the person reading the book on the tape.

vii. Read aloud in English for 15-20 minutes every day.
Research has shown it takes about three months of daily practice to develop strong mouth muscles for speaking a new language.

viii. Record your own voice and listen for pronunciation mistakes.
Many people hate to hear the sound of their voice and avoid listening to themselves speak. However, this is a very important exercise because doing it will help you become conscious of the mistakes you are making.

ix. Be patient.
You can change the way you speak but it won't happen overnight. People often expect instant results and give up too soon. You can change the way you sound if you are willing to put some effort into it.

Books to help you improve your English
Essential English Grammar by Murphy (Cambridge)
Spoken English by R K Bansal and J B Harrison
Pronounce It Perfectly In English (book and three audio cassettes) by Jean Yates, Barrons Educational Series
English Pronunciation For International Students by Paulette Wainless Dale, Lillian Poms
5th March 2011, 11:31 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: How to improve spoken English for engineering student?

Communication Skills A Today's problem :-
Communication is the Only way through you can Express your Feelings, Emotions and intentions.

Tips to Improve communication skills
  • Being a Engineering Student you must be facing lot of problems because if you don't know how to speak fluent in English,You will feel inferiority complex.

• Why to feel inferiority complex God has provided a nice speaking facility to all.

• So if you Try to speak English in your house with your parents or siblings, It gonna help you in some extent.

• Try to read daily local News

• Whenever you ask your teachers or Elders try to ask in English.

• Try to involve your-self in Heavy Discussions.Try to lead from others.

• It totally Depends on your way, if you are interested then you will definitely Improve your communication skills from lower level to Higher level.

• If you want then you can join Spoken English Classes.

*End*
5th March 2011, 04:31 PM
monika.bpt14

Default Re: How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

Try to speak English in your house with your parents or siblings or friendz, It gonna help you in some extent.Try to read daily local News
Try to involve your-self in Heavy Discussions.
5th March 2011, 04:48 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

Dear friend,

To improve spoken English it is necessary to speak in English daily. Here right and wrong is not the matter, at the beginning English word should come out from your mouth.

To remove your hesitation first of all go to such a place, where no one is there to listen you. Then you start speaking loudly. Speaking loud is only the punching point to remove your hesitation, do it regularly about 10 days.

Then automatically you will start speaking in English.

Other points are:

Start reading English newspapers, Magzines a other books.

Very soon your English will improve.

All the best
5th March 2011, 05:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

This is one of the most common problem students face in India, even after completing graduation and post graduation, students find it difficult to talk in English fluently. This will be a challenge when you appear for interviews and also in job profile when you need to talk to customers in English language. To stand a better chance of getting job, you have to improve spoken english. Best thing is to increase vocabulary power and then practice speaking in english first with people you are comfortable with like friends, brothers/sisters and so on. You could also possibly join spoken english training programs where you will get enough opportunities to speak more.
5th March 2011, 06:04 PM
mannubhu1

This is very general problem now the days. Most of the engineering student (even the student of IITS and NITS also) are facing the problem in speaking english frequently. For improving Spoken english you should read english newspaper (preferably THE HINDU) daily and good english article containing magazines. You should watch english news also if it is possible for you. Start speaking english among your friends, dont hesistate of it by thinking that people will make amuse of you. Definitely, in starting you will face a lot of problems in it, but by practising a hard and lot you can improve very much.

If you live in hostel, then on the holidays you can arrange debate among friends and participate positively in that.

Labour hard, All the best.
5th March 2011, 09:56 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

As you're already familiar with english in your secondary schooling

its not that difficult to regain your fluency follow the simple steps as suggested by my forum mates and also consider my suggestions.
  • First create an interest in your internal mind that your going to concentrate on your language.
  • think about how could you improve your language
  • everyone will have their own style
  • some will take help of english newspaper
  • english news channels
  • english magazines
  • practicing is also very important in these process
  • try to converse in english with all the literates
  • try to think in english in your mental theater other than your mother toungue

apart from all these ..have a strong desire to improve your language then there will be no need of any spoken english institutes..

all the best

~aditya~
6th March 2011, 12:04 AM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear friend
Don't get bothered about speaking english fluently because it is very simple and easy to increase fluency in this language. It is a very funny language. If you wants to increase your speaking power then the simplest mean is to speak it more and more with your counterparts. Don't hesitate while speaking, keep talking else you are speaking wrong words or sentences. You will improve it slowly slowly but you must have word power in yourself . If you are having lack of it then try to accumulate it. You can do this by reading english newspaper and listening english news regularly. While gossiping with friend try to speak english ridiculously. Remember practice makes a man perfect and intelligent. Make a habit of writing diary in english in your own words. You can also join an english speaking coaching centre if you intends to reach your goal of improving english quickly and furiously. Nothing is impossible in this world that a man cannot achieve. Those who keep trying to reach their destination they will got it easily.
Good luck
15th March 2011, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

sir how to improve spoken english at home without any friends or relatives ?
send the answer to my email id '[email protected]'
17th March 2011, 02:32 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir how to improve spoken english at home without any friends or relatives ?
send the answer to my email id '[email protected]'
First you have to improve your english grammar and vocabulary to speak well in english, so watch some good english news channels like BBC, CNN etc. and read english newspapers where you can learn the usage of different english words..

I have attached 2 e-books in this post which helps you to learn the basic grammar which is highly important to speak because when you know proper basic grammar then you can frame the sentence properly..

After studying the grammar and vocabulary you have to start speak in english as you mentioned without any friends or relatives then its better you start speaking with the persons whom you dont know well if you feel bad to speak with your friends and relatives because there is no other way you can improve in spoken english unless you start conversing in it.. so start speak in english after you become strong in basic grammar and vocabulary then sure you will see the improvement...

hope the info. helps....
26th April 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

tel mi the best institute for spoken english in vizag
27th April 2011, 06:23 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

to improve the spoken english power for an engineering students is not so much difficult.just follow some procedure to improve your speaking power. 1)first of all you have to built in your mind that you have to speak in English.
2)must attend the communication classes regularly because it is a platform where you will get chance to speak in English
3)study English newspaper regularly & watch English news on television
4)try to think in English whatever you are speaking in your first language. improve you vocabulary from the newspaper, television etc.
27th April 2011, 09:09 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Hi dear,
the present problem might be because you have not been communicating with your friends in English. To maintain the command over a particular language, you need a regular practice. Since, you have not been communicating in English since a longer period of time, you have lost your confidence. to overcome this problem, you may do the following.
Try to communicate in English within your social circle as much as you can. Make a regular habit reading English newspapers, magazines etc.
By reading English newspapers and magazines, you will be able to learn various terms which you may use while communicating.
You may also purchase English speaking course books, CD's available in the market.
Apart from this, there are various such program available on the internet

its not that difficult to regain your fluency follow the simple steps as suggested by my forum mates and also consider my suggestions.

First create an interest in your internal mind that your going to concentrate on your language.
think about how could you improve your language
everyone will have their own style
some will take help of english newspaper
english news channels
english magazines
practicing is also very important in these process
try to converse in english with all the literates
try to think in english in your mental theater other than your mother toungue

Thanks
27th April 2011, 09:25 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, to learn anything practice is the best way

start talking to yuor friends , then study newapapers, mgazines.

widen your knowledge by learning new words , take a dictionary and regularly learn, surely by practicing fluent and correct english will come.
27th April 2011, 04:55 PM
joarku

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwynjensen View Post
First you have to improve your english grammar and vocabulary to speak well in english, so watch some good english news channels like BBC, CNN etc. and read english newspapers where you can learn the usage of different english words..

I have attached 2 e-books in this post which helps you to learn the basic grammar which is highly important to speak because when you know proper basic grammar then you can frame the sentence properly..

After studying the grammar and vocabulary you have to start speak in english as you mentioned without any friends or relatives then its better you start speaking with the persons whom you dont know well if you feel bad to speak with your friends and relatives because there is no other way you can improve in spoken english unless you start conversing in it.. so start speak in english after you become strong in basic grammar and vocabulary then sure you will see the improvement...

hope the info. helps....
Also, when you don't have people who can speak English around you, you could speak to yourself loudly. This could be done in front of a mirror. Even otherwise, just speak your thoughts loudly to yourself. In addition, you could read books, newspapers, and magazines.
27th April 2011, 04:57 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
To improve your English.Start speaking in English with your friends in college and at your home.This is the best way to improve your speaking skills.other than going to institute for spoken English courses.Their you have to spend some amount,then also you may not able to improve your speaking,because their they will start with grammar first,which we will not show any interest.
I suggest you to speak with your friends from now,within a short period i.e 2 to 3 month you will be perfect,but be more close to friend who is perfect in english.so that he may correct you wrong spelled words,
Thanks
27th April 2011, 07:16 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear,
Nowadays English plays a major role as most of the companies need good communication skill .There are following steps which can be really helpful. (1)Be positive in your thinking. try to think matters in english (2)You can join either spoken classes or follow the below written steps (3)Watch english news and learn to express yourself in different situations from newsreader. (4)Read english newspaper daily and try to grasp the things from there. (5)If you get tense while speaking english infront of others, then you can try speaking infront of mirror. (6)Your friends are best option so don't hesitate to speak in english with them. (7)Try to speak in english in class.don't think negatively. be positive.
thanks.
28th April 2011, 01:49 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Now a days without good English communication skill its very difficult to get selected after interviews.

To improve your communication skill do following measures:

- Try to read daily English News paper, English novels and magazines regularly in your daily life

- Watch English news channels like CNN, discovery, NDTV etc...

- try to speak in English while talking to your friends.

- Whenever you ask your teachers or Elders try to ask in English.

- Try to involve yourself in group discussions.

If you make a habit of all these steps then surely your communication skill will get improve in next 2 months

All the Best...
28th April 2011, 02:54 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

That is not a difficult task, you only need to maintain your interest in reading.
Read newspaper daily.
Read some good novels.
Take part in debate competition of your college.
28th April 2011, 10:49 AM
Revathy GM

dear friend

you should practise english only by speaking.. speak to your friends in english.
read Newspapers .. collect new english words and make use of them in your speech..

All the best
2nd August 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

read books daily atleast half an hour,listening makes a person good in english
air should come out of your mouth while pronouncing t, s,k
while reading newspaper or books your thinking should be in english
this makes u an good speaker as well as listener.
2nd August 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: How to improve spoken English as an engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendergora View Post
That is not a difficult task, you only need to maintain your interest in reading.
Read newspaper daily.
Read some good novels.
Take part in debate competition of your college.
"iam not interested in reading and i have no time"
3rd August 2011, 09:10 AM
Sehwag6

English is the best communication language. Without english you cant do anything and jobs. How to improve spoken english:- 1)buy a good english to english dictionary , then use the dictionary if you hear any new word searching and get meaning. 2)speak yourself 3)without fear, you speak 4)after regular practise only you speak good english. 5)practise becomes possible. Best of luck
4th August 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Writing just a page in English on any topic everyday and then proof reading it will also help in perfecting the language. Wish you all the best.
4th August 2011, 03:46 PM
joarku

Writing a page on any topic in English everyday and checking it for correct grammar also helps in perfecting the language. This practice will not only help in speaking but also in writing correctly. This will train the mind to think in English and to direct our sensory organs in using the language.
Wish you all the best.
9th August 2011, 03:35 AM
Prithvi Patel

How to improve soft-skills as an engineering student?
10th August 2011, 11:53 AM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
As an engineering student you have to be good at english because you are going to enter in corporate world where english is common mode of communication so as your basic is clear so you just need to brush up go and read good novels of dan brown ,sidney sheldon and if you are a beginner go for chetan bhagats novel ...watch english movies those will help you a lot .....and if possible go through book word power made easy .
regards,
sharad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?