17th December 2010, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

How to improve my English?

What should I do to improve my English; only reading books is not enough.
What'd I do to create the good atmosphere to speaking, because no one wanna speak English in my vicinity.

20th December 2010, 01:49 PM
Sk.Subhani

Default Re: How to improve my English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What'd I do to create the good atmosphere to speaking, because no one wanna speak English in my vicinity.
You didn't mention the aspects which you want to develop in English.
Either its your writing, speaking, listening or reading abilities.

English is a low pitch language and it can be learnt only through imitation. You need not join any spoken English classes. Its not at all required. It can be done through daily practice.

Try to speak in English with your friends, family members and the people with whom you generally speak. Read English books, news paper, articles which can help you to develop lot of vocabulary. If you don't know any thing just ask others and please don't hesitate. Because, no one in this world is perfect. If you don't know the meaning of any word just search it in dictionary.

The only thing is that you should develop a positive attitude and try to get rid of stage fear.

All the Best!
20th December 2010, 02:34 PM
M M M

Dear Friend ,

Its very simple.... Just believe that you are good in english and keep talking with people whom you feel that , they know it even better & even others also .

Mean while try to learn new words and use them . Also listen and read good english . Something which is very important and cannot help as it is , is GRAMMAR , have a basic idea of it also . With all this you will gradually improve your english , have patience and put in your hardwork.....

ALL THE BEST.

V M M M V
20th December 2010, 03:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is difficult to improve when you have no one to converse with. You can try by making presentations in your areas of interest by imagining people are there to listen to you. By reading you can increase knowledge but you have to learn to use it correctly.
20th December 2010, 04:00 PM
dinomani

There are large number of study material available in stores, internet etc. Read English newspapers (especially editorial section) daily. In India, Hindu is good for editorial section. Communicate with others using English.
21st December 2010, 11:15 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
In today's world of competition, english communication skills is very important and it is very encouraging that you are looking forward to improve your english.

Definitely only reading English will not help you,inorder to improve your English speaking you need to speak in English as much as possible.If you do not find anyone to speak in English with then you can speak in English in yourself.I mean to say that whenever you are free try to utter yourself in it.

Try to listen to the English news channels and if you are interested in cricket then you can listen to the English commentary you will get lots of help.Even i have practised that and the result was wonderful.

If you can join some English speaking course that too will help you as there you will get chance to speak in English.

Write something daily in English,you can start with anything,it will help you a lot.
21st December 2010, 04:54 PM
Nallam Srilatha

Hi,
Don't worry,you will improve your English by mirror speaking,watching English movies&try to follow their accent.in your leisure time you will try to speak with your mind.
you should improve your vocabulary that is very important daily practice at least 15 words by doing that you can improve English in easy manner.
Best Wishes.
12th February 2011, 09:48 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

you must mention here that if you want to improve your:
writing
speaking
or
reading skills of english

if you want to improve your all over english skills then you can follow the following guidlines:

1.you must have a thought that learning english is not a difficult task .
2.dont run away from those who converse in english
3.more you practice in your reading ,writting and speaking english more easily you will learn
4. ist of all you should have clear your basics from any english dictionary book such as tenses and their use , etc
5. afetr learning tenses go for a standard dictionary ,and learn 10 english words daily with their english to english and to hindi meanings and their synonyms ,antonyms
6.make a habit to watch english news daily and also read english news paper daily.
7.practice in front of mirror for your english speaking skills and to develop confidence
8.converse with your frends in english so that if you make any mistake then they will correct that.
follow these points you will be surely a master in english skiills
16th May 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I tried again and again to speak english fluenly but I didn't make it. I am totaly afraid of my english. Day by day I'm going down and it goes my mind that i can't speak
english in my life. Please help me out from this problem.
17th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir I have completed BA in kannada , I can understanding all people spoke english but i can't speack with all others please help me how to speack english
12th August 2011, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

tips to improve speaking in english
12th August 2011, 06:17 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

I guess that the best way to improve your spoken language is to practise it. You would ask me how to practise English. I would say try to speak English as much as possible.

Try to find and make friends who speak English. For example, you may find a friend of yours who is interested in English. Do not miss such a chance and never hesitate to ask him or her to speak in English whenever you are together. Besides, Nowadays one of speaking tips you can do that ( making friends) easily by using some Internet programs like google chat,skype etc.
12th August 2011, 10:23 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

English is our international language so we have command on it. For improving English you have do the following points.

1.learn 5 new English word daily this will improve your vocabulary.

2.you should study English newspaper daily this will help you to know new words and to read English fluently

3.now take one of your friend and you both talk in English.

4.take some topic like my country,my home etc and speak 1 or 2 minutes on this topic

These are the ways by which you can improve your English.
may be you will do this.
12th August 2011, 10:54 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

In order to improve your English you must be careful for the following things.
1) Learn the basics and proper usage of grammar

2) Should avoid spelling mistakes

3) Make sure that the sentence formation are clear and concise.

You should make a habit of reading newspaper,books,articles daily.Also you need to memorize a lots of words and their meanings i.e.you have to become strong in vocabulary.Because the depth of knowledge in any language of any person is determined from his/her vocabulary.

Best of Luck....
12th August 2011, 11:33 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
it is very simple you believe that you are correct what are you saying in English , for this you can join in some coaching center for spoken english class .
*always read english news paper to get some new word & meaning etc.
*watch english channel of news, serials etc.
& always look for dictionary for words etc.

good luck........
13th August 2011, 02:08 PM
Lyk23

hi,

There are many methods that could be applied for improving English.Different people could give different suggestions,

but mine is to attend various workshops and analyse which institute could give you better training .

my suggestion is to join English House , a good institute , headed by famous MR.MUNNAVAR ZAMA.

ALL THE VERY BEST!
13th August 2011, 05:41 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
getting command over the english is not as tough as you are thinking ...........get a habit of speaking in english before your parents or your friends .........try to use chatting in english read english books ,novels.................it is not very hard as you thinks of if you do hard work you can improve over it
13th August 2011, 05:46 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

To improve your english knowledge try to read newspapers daily. Go for any institute and improve it. Don't feel embrassing talk fluently in front of everyone if there is mistake also. Try to find new different word daily and the find the meaning of it. It is quite interesting. Do hard work and prepare well. Prounce the word clearly so that it make a rich look in front of others. Watch english news daily so that it will help you a lot. Be confident that you can achieve anything if you try it. Learn quickly it will help you a lot in future. Learn the Grammar. So don't worry about it.

Best wishes
29th August 2011, 10:09 PM
so u my a

Thumbs up Re: How to improve my English?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;642702]Dear sir I have completed BA in kannada , I can understanding all people spoke english but i can't speack with all others please help me how to speack englis
i too studied in kannada medium but i can speak good english ........... today onwards start watching english movie, read english news paper .........more over be cofident and trust urself.................all the best
30th August 2011, 01:06 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

In today's world of competition, english communication skills is very important and it is very encouraging that you are looking forward to improve your english.

Definitely only reading English will not help you,inorder to improve your English speaking you need to speak in English as much as possible.If you do not find anyone to speak in English with then you can speak in English in yourself.I mean to say that whenever you are free try to utter yourself in it.

Try to listen to the English news channels and if you are interested in cricket then you can listen to the English commentary you will get lots of help.Even i have practised that and the result was wonderful.

If you can join some English speaking course that too will help you as there you will get chance to speak in English.

Write something daily in English,you can start with anything,it will help you a lot.
Thanks
15th February 2012, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

dear sir

can u please erase my fear ,actully this problem always an interupt to speak a good english.
23rd June 2012, 08:57 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!
(a) to improve your English,you should speak in English with your friends in college and with your parents at home.

(b) should just be confident that you can speak english.

(c)you are professinal;you knows english but there is a need to polish that;so that you speak english with good fluency.

(d)don't afraid from others and don't be shy.

(e)be confident and feel that you can speak English.

(f)you should watch English movies and read English novels.this helps you a lot to speak English with good voice,tone,sound and pitch.

all the best!!
19th July 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

i can understand english by reading book, but the is difficult to talk with other's. Pls give me some advice.. To improve my english
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?