24th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

How to join 2nd year MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing? I like to join 2nd year MBBS

i have finished b.sc nursing and i like to join in 2nd year mbbs as post basic

Related Questions:
  1. Can I quit my B.Sc(Nursing) in 2nd year and join MBBS?
  2. Can I join MBBS program after completing B.Sc nursing? Is there any equivalent course to MBBS?
  3. Is this possible to join 2nd year or 3rd year of MBBS in abroad after the completion of B.Sc Nursing? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to join 2nd year or 3rd year MBBS in abroad after completion of BSc Nursing? How can I become a Doctor after doing BSc Nursing
  5. Can I join in 2nd year MBBS after completing BSc Nursing at Bangalore
  6. B.Sc Nursing student can get lateral entry into 2nd year of MBBS? Which institute has such provision?
  7. Can I join MBBS after completing BSc? I am a 2nd year BSc Chemistry student
  8. Can I join MBBS program through lateral entry after completing B.Sc (Hons)?
  9. How may I join MBBS degree program after completion of B.Sc nursing course?
  10. Is it possible to go for MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing course?
  11. Can we do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What are the opportunities for BSc nurses in defence service?
  12. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing MBBS? I am a 2nd year student of MBBS
  13. After BSc nursing can we study MBBS? How to join and how much is the fee structure?
  14. How to do MBBS after BSc Nursing? can I join as Lateral entry to MBBS 3rd year
  15. Is it possible to join MBBS course through lateral entry after completing B.Sc nursing?
  16. Can I join post MBBS course after completion of B.Sc Nursing? -- [New]
  17. How to join MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What can I do to join MBBS?
  18. How can I join MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What is the fee structure?
17th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join 2nd year MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing? I like to join 2nd year MBBS

Is this possible to migrate to 2nd
year or 3rd year of MBBS afteri
Nursing?
18th August 2013, 08:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join 2nd year MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing? I like to join 2nd year MBBS

A lot of people like yourself make a mistake that you can take lateral entry in the MBBS course especially if you have done B.Sc Nursing course. This is absolutely incorrect and can't be done.

As far as Medical Council of India is concerned, you should not be fooled by any college trying to offer lateral entry for MBBS. Because Medical Council does not allow it and almost certainly will not accept that degree.

Which means that even after completing MBBS, you won't be able to practice as doctor. So the option in front of you is to pursue MBBS but complete course through the correct procedure.

The correct procedure will be that you should appear for the Medical entrance exam. It used to be UG NEET but recently Supreme Court has struck it down. In the verdict Supreme Court said that Medical Council of India can not conduct a common entrance exam for all medical colleges in India.

So the procedure for next year is not known yet. As soon as government make things clear you should start preparing for the entrance exam and clear it.

But in my opinion no matter what happens with NEET entrance exam, you should not apply for the MBBS course. There are very few people who will actually recommend you to go for the MBBS course after completing B.Sc Nursing.

You should keep few points in mind:-

1. It would take more than 6 years to complete MBBS. You have already spent 4 years for B.Sc Nursing therefore it is not recommended to go for MBBS course and spend almost decade merely studying.

2. MBBS will make you B.Sc Nursing degree irrelevant. At the end of the day you can either become doctor or work as nurse. What is the point of doing hard work for 4 years and then make the degree course compleltely useless.

3. There is no lateral entry as I mentioned above. You will appear for the entrance exam. Having B.Sc Nursing degree does not mean that you will be given exemption from entrance exam or the first year of MBBS.

4. Do not for a moment think that having completed B.Sc Nursing will give you advantage for the MBBS. Both courses are quite different therefore you won't have any advantage at all.

In my opinion you should instead consider doing M.Sc in Nursing. Or if you want job there are plenty available in government hospitals as well private hospitals. There are some Public Sector Undertakings that also hire Nurses. You may also apply there.
26th September 2013, 03:20 PM
R.S.Parmar

Dear Friend..................

A lot of people like yourself make a mistake that you can take lateral entry in the MBBS course especially if you have done B.Sc Nursing course. This is absolutely incorrect and can't be done.

As far as Medical Council of India is concerned, you should not be fooled by any college trying to offer lateral entry for MBBS. Because Medical Council does not allow it and almost certainly will not accept that degree.

Which means that even after completing MBBS, you won't be able to practice as doctor. So the option in front of you is to pursue MBBS but complete course through the correct procedure.

The correct procedure will be that you should appear for the Medical entrance exam. It used to be UG NEET but recently Supreme Court has struck it down. In the verdict Supreme Court said that Medical Council of India can not conduct a common entrance exam for all medical colleges in India.

So the procedure for next year is not known yet. As soon as government make things clear you should start preparing for the entrance exam and clear it.

But in my opinion no matter what happens with NEET entrance exam, you should not apply for the MBBS course. There are very few people who will actually recommend you to go for the MBBS course after completing B.Sc Nursing.

1. It would take more than 6 years to complete MBBS. You have already spent 4 years for B.Sc Nursing therefore it is not recommended to go for MBBS course and spend almost decade merely studying.

2. MBBS will make you B.Sc Nursing degree irrelevant. At the end of the day you can either become doctor or work as nurse. What is the point of doing hard work for 4 years and then make the degree course compleltely useless.

3. There is no lateral entry as I mentioned above. You will appear for the entrance exam. Having B.Sc Nursing degree does not mean that you will be given exemption from entrance exam or the first year of MBBS.

4. Do not for a moment think that having completed B.Sc Nursing will give you advantage for the MBBS. Both courses are quite different therefore you won't have any advantage at all.

In my opinion you should instead consider doing M.Sc in Nursing. Or if you want job there are plenty available in government hospitals as well private hospitals. There are some Public Sector Undertakings that also hire Nurses. You may also apply there.

Best Of luck...................
26th September 2013, 03:21 PM
R.S.Parmar

Exclamation Re: How to join 2nd year MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing? I like to join 2nd year MBBS

26th September 2013, 03:29 PM
R.S.Parmar

Exclamation Re: How to join 2nd year MBBS after finishing BSc Nursing? I like to join 2nd year MBBS

22nd July 2014, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

i want to join in 2nd yr mbbs after bsc nursing 2nd yr which clgs are available for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?