22nd August 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

How to join Architecture after finishing diploma in civil engineering

Sir i am going to finish my diploma in civil engineering coming april 2013 and i want to join architecture wheather i am able to join or not

23rd August 2012, 08:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Architecture after finishing diploma in civil engineering

Yes you can do architecture course after completing diploma course. Today an architecture related course in India makes a lots of sense. The course you should go for is Architecture Engineering. It is related to the design of bridge, multipurpose building, industrial area, residential area etc. Today there is huge demand for candidates who have Architecture background because of several dam, bridges etc projects in India.

You will face very little problem applying for the architecture course in India. What perhaps will suit you the best is B.Tech in Architecture. It would be the logical choice since you have completed diploma in civil engineering.

The candidate who has completed diploma in civil engineering is eligible for the architecture engineering course through the lateral entry scheme offered by the Engineering colleges in India.

In this scheme, you can get admission for the second year in the Engineering course on the condition that you should have either completed diploma in Engineering or B.Sc course. Since you have completed diploma in civil engineering, you are eligible for entry in Engineering college via lateral entry scheme.

Most of the Engineering institutes in India offer lateral entry scheme. They reserve around 15 percent seats every year for this entry scheme. The process of giving admission is different for each university. While some may ask you to appear in Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET), others would be happy to give you direct admission based on your performance in the diploma course.

Eligibility

You need to have completed diploma in civil engineering from a recognised university.

You should score at least 60 percent marks in diploma course to appear in LEET entrance exam or to get direct admission.

There is however a possibility to get admission with 50 percent marks in diploma as well but there are very few colleges who grant admission with such percentage.

Architecture Engineering Colleges

BKP subhas college of architecture

Chandigarh college of science and architecture

DY patil college of engineering and techology

VIT

SRM university

Bhatrath institute of science and technology

College of engineering and technology

BMS college of engineering
23rd August 2012, 12:01 PM
jayks

Default Re: How to join Architecture after finishing diploma in civil engineering

Hello

B.Arch- Bachelor's Degree In Architecture

yes definitely you are eligible for B.Tech Architecture

To pursue B.arch you will have to qualify the entrance exams conducted by the Council of Architecture and is mandatory to qualify the test to pursue the course as well as to become an associate member of Council of Architecture,

Entrance Examinations For B.Arch Courses :

1.AIEEE Examination
2.NATA Examination
3.IIT JEE Examination.

Without which you will not be able to become a registered architect and will not be able to legally work on any architectural projects.

Eligibility Criteria For B.Arch:

-To write this examination you need to complete Your 12Th examination with at least 50% marks and you have to study maths and English In your 12th standard.

-The admission in this course are based on the Entrance Examination and after clear the entrance examination you will get admission In B.Arch Courses.

All the best
23rd August 2012, 02:08 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->A Architecture course is a continuous horizontal layer of similarly-sized building material one unit high, usually in a wall. The term is almost always used in conjunction with unit masonry such as brick, cut stone, or concrete masonry units.

-->STYLES:-

->Stretcher - The typical course style, masonry units are laid with their face parallel to the wall and the long dimension outwards.

->Header - a course with the face of the unit parallel to the wall, and the small dimension outwards, often used to interlock two adjacent wythes.

->Rowlock - A course with the long dimension parallel to the wall and the small face looking outward. Most commonly used at the topmost course of a wall, and above or below openings within it.

->Soldier - Used mainly for decorative purposes as its upright nature does not lend itself to the compressive strength of a masonry unit. The longest dimension is vertical, with the large face perpendicular to the wall.

->Sailor (rare) - Decorative, with the longest dimension of the brick vertical and the widest dimension parallel to the face of the wall.

->Shiner (rare) - Decorative, with the longest dimension of the brick horizontal and the widest dimension parallel to the face of the wall.

-->Eligibility Criteria:-

-You need to have completed diploma in civil engineering from a recognized university.

-You should score atleast 60% marks in diploma course to appear in LEET entrance exam or to get direct admission.

-There is however a possibility to agte a admission with 50% marks in diploma as well but there are few colleges who grant admission with such percentage.

-->List of colleges you can check from following link:-

http://www.indicareer.com/colleges-f...ng-degree.html

Wish you all the best....go ahead!!

Regards
Guri Kaur
4th November 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I have complited my diploma in civil right now i am doing job but i want to practice of architect how this will possible
4th November 2012, 07:39 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am going to finish my diploma in civil engineering coming april 2013 and i want to join architecture wheather i am able to join or not
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible to join Architecture after passing passing diploma in civil engineering.

Top architecture colleges of India:-

SCHOOL OF PLANNING & ARCHITECTUREIIT,

IIT, KHARAGPUR

IIT,ROORKEE

CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING & TECHNOLOGY

CHANDIGARH COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

SIR J.J.COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

BENGAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE

JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

ALL THE BEST!
9th December 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

can i take b.arch after taking diploma in architectural engneering? Now i am studing 12th in commerce with maths
13th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

sir am going to complete my B.tech in civil engineering in march 2013 ,so after B.tech i want to do m.tech in architecture so pls kindly help me to find out the solution ,so what can do the m.tech in architecture or not ,pls kindly mail me the suggestions my id [email protected]
13th February 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

i want to make B.E IN civil and architecture hom?
28th February 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

DOES POSSIBLE TO JOIN IN ARCHITECTURE COURSE AFTER DOING DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
28th April 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir how to join architecture after finish my diplomo in civil egineering
20th May 2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

after completing diploma in Civil engineering do entrance examination needed for Direct Second Year Admission in Architecture. what other diploma courses are allowed to do so that we can get lateral entry in architecture.
31st May 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

hi i am just give a 10th exam and i what to complete my education in architecture engineering can u suggest the path after 10th whether i prefer diploma in civil or 12th science
6th June 2013, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

How 2 join architecture after finishing diploma in computer engineering
12th June 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir i get 2 marks less for 50% of aggregate & i am interested in architect ,pls give proper guidence
12th June 2013, 12:47 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes,you will be eligible to get admission in B.Arch(Bachelor in Architecture) course after completing your diploma in Civil Engineering.For taking admission in this course you will have to apply for NATA(National Aptitude test in Architecture).To apply for this exam,you will require to meet these Eligibility conditions :

Educational qualification :-
  • Candidates who have completed their Intermediate course with Physics and Mathematics will be eligible to apply for this exam.
  • Those candidates who have completed their Diploma will be also eligible to apply for this exam.
NOTE For Diploma holders :-
  • You must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in Diploma course.
  • You must have studied Physics in the first year of Diploma Engineering.
Marks :-
  • Those candidates who have passed their Intermediate will require a minimum of 50% marks.
  • Those candidates who have passed their Diploma will require a minimum of CGPA 4.5 in Diploma.
Written Exam Syllabus

Section I (Aesthetic Sensitivity Test)
  • Analytical Reasoning.
  • Architectural Awareness.
  • Identifying objects and Materials.
  • Mental ability.
  • Imaginative comprehension and Expression.
Section II (Drawing Test)
  • Basics of Making sketch.
  • Color Composition and Identification.
  • Perspective Drawing.
19th June 2013, 04:48 AM
Unregistered

how do apply the nata exam?
25th June 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

is there any collages in karnataka where i can get join to do architectural cource
8th November 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma & B.E.civil can i get admission to architectural course
8th January 2014, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my 2 in 2012 and now presently iam studying electronics engineering in reputed college. But I want to join architecture stream and I want to write Nata exam this year.Whether iam eligible to write the exam?
17th January 2014, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

DO ALL COLLEGES ALLOW DIRECT SECOND YEAR ADMISSION IN ARCHITECTURE AFTER COMPLETING CIVIL ENGINEERING DIPLOMA???
22nd February 2014, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

CAN I TAKE ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING AFTER ELECTRICAL IN DIPLOMA?
29th May 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

I WILL FINISHED DIPLOMA IN CIVIL NOW CAN I TAKE ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING
15th December 2014, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi am completing my diploma in civil engineering next year 2015 i am interested in doing my btech architecture in USA or other forign countries please guide me
15th December 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I am completing my diploma in civil engineering next year 2015 i am interested in doing btech architecture in USA or some other countries please guide me
4th June 2015, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I completed my diploma civil engg in 2015.And I get 88.5% what type college I can get in tamilnadu?what type of course I will study ? Pls guide me....
13th June 2015, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir....i completed my diploma in civil engineering this year .can i take NATA exam ?? It would be easy for me or not without any coaching classes....and i'm good at drawing....more interest do architecture.....can u guide me
29th October 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the duration of b.arch after completing diplomo in civil engineering
26th December 2015, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm now studying diplomo in civil 2nd yr after completng wat can I do
23rd February 2016, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell , after doing diploma in computer engineering and science
then want to do btech of this subject only
then btech for me is of how much years
22nd April 2016, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Can i join barch in 2nd year after completition of my diploma in civil engineering
30th April 2016, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

After dipoma in civil engineering ,how much year Required for B.Arch
11th June 2016, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my 10th and i want to know if i join diploma of architecture without studying 12th then after completing this diploma can i get admission in b.arch college or not????
Please reply me fast as soon as possible
Reply me in my email - [email protected]
16th June 2016, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

How to join architecture after finishing diploma in mechanical engineering
2nd September 2016, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

after completing diploma in civil admission for architecture degre direct second year how it possible?
6th November 2016, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

How can I practice as a architecture after diploma course in civil engineering
15th March 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to join in B.Tech in Architecture After completing Diploma in Civil
28th July 2017, 05:01 PM
jagadeeshchinni

sir i'm a civil student i want to join architecture through the diploma which colleges are offering seats for diploma students in civil and which exams we have to write and where the exams will be conducted?
30th May 2018, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in civil engineering I want to do architect course. Plz tell me In which years architect course after diploma?
18th June 2018, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed diploma in civil engineering can it be possible to for me to join in interior and design course in architecture
2nd August 2018, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed diploma in civil engineering 10th standard can it be possible to for me to join in architecture engineering
2nd August 2018, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed diploma in civil 10th standard engineering can it be possible to for me to join in B.arch architecture
2nd August 2018, 09:55 PM
Janjira

Sir i have completed diploma in civil engineering 10th standard can it be possible to for me to join in architecture
1st November 2018, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in civil engg.. what is the exam syllabus and pattern to architecture entrance exam and is this architecture entrance test is related to civil syllabus?
18th May 2019, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I join architecture bachelor degree after completing advanced diploma in surveying and drafting ( advanced diploma in civil engineering)?
25th June 2019, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I'm still studying the finaal year of the diploma in civil engineering this time I would like to join architecture college and continue the both course so please tell I'm eligible to jio the architecture?
7th July 2023, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

How many course is architecture???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?