23rd August 2012, 12:00 PM
divya chandrasekharan

How to join MBA after completing BBA?

i completed bba this year, now i m working in a company frm last month.
shall i continue with the work And i go for MBA next year or join for MBA this year itself ?

25th August 2012, 09:14 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join MBA after completing BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya chandrasekharan View Post
shall i continue with the work And i go for MBA next year or join for MBA this year itself ?
Now you are in final year, So you can eligible to apply for MBA entrance exams like CAT/MAT/CMAT etc.

You said that you are doing a job in company. You have two ways for doing MBA those are correspondence MBA or regular MBA .

If you want to do regular MBA, We can do either after completion of graduation or after getting minimum two or three years working experience.

If you are doing job in Good Company with good salary, don’t leave that job and get a working experience. Maximum all top level B-Schools consider working experience and give a some points for admission. If you want to apply for regular MBA, You should take MBA entrance exam.

If you want to apply for MBA Entrance exams, You should satisfy eligibility criteria for MBA entrance exams. If you have a minimum 50% of marks (45% of marks for SC/ST )in your BBA, You can eligible to apply for MBA entrance exams.

If you want to go for Correspondence MBA, You have to do after completion of your BBA.
25th August 2012, 12:18 PM
manjira...

Thumbs up Re: How to join MBA after completing BBA?

MBA is Master of Business Administration. There are many good institute which offers both regular and correspondence MBA courses.

You need to take the entrance examination conducted for the admission in MBA programs. Some of the exam are:

1)CAT,
2)XAT,
3)GMAT,etc.

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the examination is to score 50% marks in bachelor degree.You can definitely go for MBA this year only.

MBA is a very demanding course but since you are already employed in a company where you can gain work experience i would suggest not to leave your job. You can keep working in the company for some period of time and gain the work experience and then go for MBA. Some of the colleges provides points during admission to those who have work experience.
25th August 2012, 02:41 PM
i am sure
Member+

If you want to do MBA through entrance Exam like CAT/MAT?MH-CET/XAT etc.

Eligibility for MAT-

candidate should be graduate from recognized university.

Exam date
paper based-08-09-12
computer based-02-09-12

CAT eligibility-
candidate should be graduate with 50% from recognized university.
25th August 2012, 02:43 PM
i am sure
Member+

If you want to do MBA through entrance Exam like CAT/MAT?MH-CET/XAT etc.

Eligibility for MAT-

candidate should be graduate from recognized university.

Exam date
paper based-08-09-12
computer based-02-09-12

CAT eligibility-
candidate should be graduate with 50% from recognized university.
25th August 2012, 02:50 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Yes, Definitely you can start your MBA through Correspondence after Completing your BBA Regular. There are many Colleges in India which are offering Part Time, Correspondence and Online MBA Courses. Here is the List I am providing you for the Best MBA Distance Education Colleges:

· IGNOU, Delhi
· Symbiosis, Pune
· ICFAI Business School (Hyderabad)
· XIM (Bhubaneshwar)
· Welingkar Institute (Mumbai)
· IMI (New Delhi)
25th August 2012, 03:48 PM
VIKY P

Quote:
The BBA and BS Joint (Honors) programs are the route to Masters in Business Administration. For those students who have obtained their BBA and BS Joint (Honors) degree from CBM, the MBA program is of a shorter duration. Exemption is given for a number of courses and the required course load of a two-year regular MBA is reduced from a 78 credit hour program to a 36 credit hour program, to be completed in two regular semesters. A student is required to take 12 courses of 3 credit hours each and clear a comprehensive examination in order to complete the degree requirements. Students must maintain a 3.0 CGPA for conferment of the degree.
Foundation Course
25th August 2012, 06:07 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

Hi dear...
->Doing MBA after BBA this is best for you.
->MBA have a more scope in future.
->If you are doing job in good company with good salary then you should do it .

->MBA is best for business .

->If you take admission in MBA then give the entrance exam.

->Entrance exam is CAT,MAT,XAT.

->Any exam you can give.

->If you clear this exam with good points then you are get admission in MBA in a university .

->Doing MBA from university is best.

->After completing MBA ,you can open your own business or join any of good company.
Some companies are:
1.Infosis
2.TCS
3.BHEL
4.BHL
5.DELL

All the best dear...
26th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
As you are i final year in BBA you arw Applicable for Applying MBA.
For Becoming MBA you have to Apply for Entrance Examination for MBA like CAT/MAT/XAT etc... and also have to crack it with good score.

Eligibility for MBA:
  • A candidate should have completed their Graduation degree With at least 60% from recognized Universities.
  • Final year students may also applicable.
  • A candidate should have to crack MBA Entrance exam with good score.
28th August 2012, 02:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

If you have a good job profile, then try to go with the same. After gaining 1 year experience, you can look for MBA. MBA degree along with one year work experience will help you to obtain a better job in future. MBA degree can be pursued without affecting your work. You can look for distance/correspondence MBA program.
16th November 2012, 03:13 PM
Namitamd

Hi,

First decide whether you want to do corrcsondence MBA or regular MBA. If you are aiming to work in government then they will ask you regular MBA else if you want private company to join then MBA correspondence will be good. So MBA colleges keep entrance test, there are many exams of MBA entrance are MAT, PGCET and many others so you will have to pass and get the merit seat or you can go for management seat as well, in external it's very easy whenever you want take admission and appear for exam by studying on your own.
16th November 2012, 09:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration) you can join MBA(Master of Business Administration), a two years post Graduation course through appearing entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) - The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream with 50% marks from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit to apply for CAT.

MAT - Management Aptitude Test conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) - The candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University without any percentage of marks criteria.

As you are in final year of BBA degree, you can apply for CAT/MAT/XAT etc. and basing on the score of the entrance exam you can get admission to any reputed Institutions to purse MBA.
17th November 2012, 03:45 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Dear Friend ,
MBA (Master degree In Business Administration) has one of the best carrer option after BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration).There are various options available to the students who want to join MBA program.

ELIGIBILITY:
1.For doing MBA program one should have passed Bachelor degree of any stream arts,science & commerce or any equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks..BBA students can also apply.
2.To join this course you should appear the Joint Entrace Exams.Some of the Universities separately doing the entrance exam.You should appear the entrance test & merit in qualifying examinations and get admission in any college of your choice.
Course Duration :
The Duration of the course is 2 year.like:
MBA-2 Year
Executive MBA - 1 year
Part time MBA - 2/3 year
the following type of MBA program are offered by the colleges & Universities like:
1-Marketing.
2-finance.
3-Business Management.
4-Human & resource.
5-IT . etc.
Tsese are some MBA institutions of INDIA :
-Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM)
Pune, India
-ISB Indian School of Business
Hyderabad, India
-National Institute of Business Management (NIBM)
Chennai, India
-SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
Mumbai, India
-Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)
Bangalore, India
-Indian School of Business Management and Administration (ISBM)
Hyderabad, India
You should join MBA through Distance Learning. Some OF the institutes are available for this program .Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of them.
So,if you complete your BBA & you are eligible for MBA program ,the you should must appear the entrance test.
All The Best.
17th November 2012, 11:55 PM
saminurrahaman1

Quote:
If you have got 50% marks in BBA you have to appear any MBA entrance exam like CAT, MAT, XAT etc. If you qualify you can directly join MBA course after interview and GD. Many institutes prefer work experience but it is not necessary. If the present financial condition of your family is okay you should join MBA this year. The MBA degree will definitely give you advantage in your job in terms of salary and position.
25th November 2012, 02:13 PM
Viraj0013

Dear Friend ,

MBA (Master degree In Business Administration) has one of the best carrer option after BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration).There are various options available to the students who want to join MBA program.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.For doing MBA program one should have passed Bachelor degree of any stream arts,science & commerce or any equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks..BBA students can also apply.

2.To join this course you should appear the Joint Entrace Exams.Some of the Universities separately doing the entrance exam.You should appear the entrance test & merit in qualifying examinations and get admission in any college of your choice.

After completing MBA ,you can open your own business or join any of good company.
Some companies are:

1.Infosis
2.TCS
3.BHEL
4.BHL
5.DELL

MBA is a very demanding course but since you are already employed in a company where you can gain work experience i would suggest not to leave your job. You can keep working in the company for some period of time and gain the work experience and then go for MBA. Some of the colleges provides points during admission to those who have work experience.
25th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Rush1234567

Dear friend,

if you want to do MBA after BBA then you have to Clear this following Competitive Exams.

1-CAT
2-MAT
3-XAT.
after getting good percentile in above the exams you can enter into Good MBA colleges.
All the Best.
12th April 2013, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

is it good to do MBA after completing BBA ?
12th April 2013, 09:11 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it good to do MBA after completing BBA ?
YES, MBA degree would be very good course to do.

But you have to rebember few things before you enrol for MBA:
>> MBA should be done from a good and reputed college only.
>> College should have good placement record
>> College should have good faculty
>> College should have good infrastructure.

MBA selection procedure Involves:
>> Written Test
>> Group Discussion
>> Interviews

Major MBA written tests are:
>> CAT
>> XAT
>> MAT
>> CMAT
>> SNAP
13th April 2013, 03:18 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Dear Friend,

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

yes , off course you are eligible for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION exam......

ELIGIBILITY:

A candidate should have completed their Bechelor Degree with 50% marks from any recognise universities are eligible for this exam....

45% of marks for SC/ST...

Final years students also eligible for it...

There are no age criteria or there is no restriction for attempts....

Citizen of India....

ENTRANCE EXAM for MBA:

CAT
MAT
XAT
GMAT

Best institute for MBA:

Nirma Institute of Managemen

Amity Business School

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

Xavier Institute of Management

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management

KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research

Symbiosis Institute of Business Management

All the best........
13th April 2013, 03:54 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

MBA-Master Of Business Administration

>>MBA will provide highly challenging job for you. Different specializations are there in MBA.

>>MBA is the Two Year Post Graduation degree course and to apply for this course you need to cracked the Entrance examination like CAT/MAT Examination.

*If you are looking for a career in marketing then MBA in Marketing is a good option.

*If you are looking for a profession in accounts then MBA in Finance is a good choice.

After completing MBA course you find various options.You can jobs in different MNC's.

If you have good communication skills you will get job easily.

All The Best...
13th April 2013, 04:35 PM
tanmoy4uall

After BBA I think you should go for MBA if you are interested in corporates. It will be better to first have an work exp of 1-2 years it will add on while facing the interview for MBA admission and for afterwards too.

Otherwise take a break of one year and prepare for CAT or similar type of examination and aim to get admission in top 10 colleges of India that will only serve the purpose of getting reputed job.

If you want to go in teaching than you can go for M Com then purse your Phd or appear for UGC Net.
Other then this CA, CS, ICWA, CFA are futher options.

All the Best........
13th April 2013, 07:21 PM
subhashrajpurohit

Dear Friend,

It is good that you want to join MBA. MBA degree is most reputed and most recommended Post graduation degree now days. MBA is career Making Degree Course. If you complete your MBA Degree with good percentage and from good college then you will get best job.

MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration. MBA is post graduation degree course in field of management. In this degree course you will get All knowledge About Management.
MBA Degree Duration is 2 years. As you Mention that you completed your BBA. Now you can join For MBA Degree Easily.

If you want to complete Your MBA Degree with Best Colleges of India then you have to face Entrance Examinations.

Best Entrance Examinations for MBA:-

CAT - Common Admission Test
MAT - Management Aptitude Test
CMAT - Common Management Admission Test
FMS - Faculty of Management Studies
IIFT - Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
XAT - Xavier's Admission Test
NMAT - Narsee Monjee Admission Test
SNAP - Symbiosis National Aptitude test

Required Eligibility Criteria for These Entrance Examination ::

You must complete your Graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.
you must attain 50% in Your Graduation degree.
If you are in final year of you e graduation then you can also apply.
5% marks relaxation for SC/ST/PD candidates.

After Getting selected in Any one of these exam you will get admission in India's Best MBA College. After Competing Successfully MBA you will get Best Job.

Best Courses for MBA::-

Finance
Marketing
Airline
Hotel management
Event Management
Hospitality
Logistic
Human Resources
Telecom Management
Business Administration
Media and Mass Communication
Aviation
Health Care
Fashion designing
Retail Management
Petroleum

Top Colleges of MBA In India :-

Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management – Ahmadabad
Indian Institute of Management – Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management – Lucknow
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – Delhi
Indian Institute of Management – Indore
Management Development Institute – Gurgaon
Institute of Management Technology – Ghaziabad
Institute of Rural Management – Anand
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies – Mumbai
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies – Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship – Bangalore
Faculty of Management Studies – Delhi
Xavier Institute of Management – Bhubaneshwar
Fore School of Management – New Delhi
S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research – Mumbai
Xaviers Labour Relation Institue, – Jamshedpur

BEST OF LUCK........

5th September 2013, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

How many students apply for MBA course after completing BBA in India & what is its percentage
5th September 2013, 11:57 AM
Rohitzzmahi

How many students apply for MBA course after completing BBA in India & what is it percentage?
31st March 2014, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

What if we take a break after Third year BBA, and then prepare for CAT for a year? Is that worth it to take a gap of one year?
3rd April 2014, 10:22 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You are eligible to join MBA course soon after completion of BBA course. But the thing is you should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in your BBA course to be eligible for the Entrance Exams that give admission for MBA course.

You have mentioned like you are doing job on the basis of your BBA course.

What I suggest you is that,

Opt for MBA course this year itself if the job is not that much important for you or the job is not in a top company.

If the job is in a top company and if you feel that there is a good career scope for you in the job that you are doing now, then I suggest you to opt for MBA course in Correspondence.

The reason being you will get 2 years of industry experience by the time you complete your MBA course.

The following specializations would be a good choice for you in MBA course.

MBA in Finance
MBA in Accounting
MBA in International Business
MBA in Retail Management
MBA in Marketing Management

Choose the Entrance Exam as per your interest and have good preparation for the same.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?