4th April 2013, 04:37 PM
bhoirsomesh

How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?

How to join merchant navy after completing 12th Science?
What are the procedures of joining?
Where do i need to fill the application form for joining merchant navy?
I am interested in joining deck cadet post or as a sailor? What should i need to do?
What vl b the Salary Package?
Plz do the needfull..

9th June 2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?

I am interested in joining deck cadet post or as a sailor? What should i need to do?
5th August 2013, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?

what is the salary ?
10th August 2013, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY COLLEGE IN OTHER STATES
20th August 2013, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, my age is 19 years.and i study in class 12th.Sir plz tell me to join the merchant navy job with good package...
31st August 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I am 2 sci. Passed with 46.8%.can i join in mer.navy
31st August 2013, 11:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

You can opt for a career into Merchant Navy after 10th or 12th.

A Merchant Navy career is idol only for those with an adventurous bent of mind and a

traveler's spirit. The enviable pay package offered in this carrear is enough to overcome the drudgery of spending never ending days on sea. After completing Merchant Navy Courses in

India, you can draw a salary ranging between Rs.12,000 to Rs.8 lakhs a month.

you can downlaod an online Application form from our website-www.fleetshipmaritime.com

Thanks & Regards,

Fleet Ocean Maritime Academy,

Pune

All the best...................
1st September 2013, 01:58 AM
PK99310

hello friend

You can opt for a career into Merchant Navy after 10th or 12th.

A Merchant Navy career is idol only for those with an adventurous bent of mind and a

traveler's spirit. The enviable pay package offered in this carrear is enough to overcome the drudgery of spending never ending days on sea. After completing Merchant Navy Courses in

India, you can draw a salary ranging between Rs.12,000 to Rs.8 lakhs a month.

you can downlaod an online Application form from our website-www.fleetshipmaritime.com

Thanks & Regards,

Fleet Ocean Maritime Academy,

Pune

best of luck
1st September 2013, 03:59 AM
nisha@manya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoirsomesh View Post
Plz do the needfull..
Eligibility for Merchant Navy:- an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering. Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .

Age Limit : 16-25 Years

Medical Standards:- Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

Eye-Sight :- 6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness. (The candidate is subject to medical examination).

Note:-The All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year.
1st September 2013, 04:00 PM
EFDRTG

Merchant Navy is a great career option after 12th, it is perfect for those who love travelling, adventure, interested in seeing new places and meeting new people. In this profession you will travel around the world and that too free of cost. Merchant Navy can be described as commercial fleet of non-combatant ships which deals with transportation of passengers, cargo and lots of other things by sea that may not possible to dispatch either by road, rail and air, between all the countries. Merchant Navy fleet may include Passenger ships, Tanker ships, cargo ships, bulk carriers, refrigerator ships, container ships, barge carrying ships including roll on/roll off ships. With growing economic and fastest developing country India have a largest merchant shipping fleets and have a variety of jobs in Indian as well as foreign vessels.

Eligibility for Merchant Navy;

Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering. Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .
Age Limit : 16-25 Years
Medical Standards:
Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms
Eye-Sight :
6/6 without glasses, No color Blindness. (The candidate is subject to medical examination).

Courses to Join Merchant Navy ;

There are various courses to join after 10th or 12th in both private and govt training institute recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping
Theses are ;-
· Pre Sea Training – In this course you will get proper training of maintenance of engine as well as deck . It is also known as G.P.R (General Purpose Training) you can join this course after 10th with minimum aggregate percentage of 40% with Mathematics, science and English as compulsory subject and should have 40% marks in each of them. The time duration of this course is 06 months and age limit is joining this course is 17 to 25 years. Beside that other short term courses are also there
3 month Pre-Sea Course in Deck rating.
3 month Pre-Sea Course in Engine rating.
4 month Pre-Sea Course in Saloon rating.

· Deck cadet – In this course you are given a diploma in Nautical Science. The minimum education qualification for this course is 10+2 with P.C.M (Physics, Chemistry and Math) as compulsory subjects and you should have scored minimum 50% in aggregate and 50% in English at 12th level.

· STCW Course – This is basically a safety course which is compulsory for every seaman. This consists of four basic course i.e EFA (Elementary First Aid), EPFF (Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting ), PST (Provisional Survival Techniques) and PSSR (Pesonal Safety & Social responsibility). It is totally 15 days programme.

Beside that there are others certificates, diploma and degrees enables you to join Merchant Navy is :
Pre-sea Training for personnel, man Dredgers, Tugs, OSVs, etc on N.C.V (DECK)
Qualification -Minimum 10th standard, courses approved by DG Shipping (Govt of India)
Pre-sea Training for personnel, man Dredgers, Tugs, OSVs, etc on N.C.V (ENGINE)
Qualification- Minimum 10th standard, courses approved by DG Shipping (Govt of India)
1 year Pre-Sea Diploma in Nautical Science
Its leads to B.Sc Nautical Science affiliated to Indian Maritime University and approved by DG Shipping (Govt. of India) eligibility – 10+2 PCM/Bsc. Degree/ B.E./B. Tech. Degree
HND (Higher National Diploma) Nautical Science
Qualification- Minimum 10+2 PCM
HND (Higher National Diploma) Marine Engineering
B.E Marine Engineering (4-Year Degree course in Marine Engineering)
Qualification- Minimum 10+2 PCM and English
B.S. in Nautical Technology (3 years training at Institute + 1 year at Sea)
3-Year B.Sc. Degree in Nautical Science
Qualification- Minimum 10+2 PCM and English
2-year Marine Engineering course
Qualification – Diploma in Mechanical /Marine/ Naval Architecture / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
1-year Marine Engineering Course, Graduate Marine Engineer(GME)
Qualification – Graduation in BE (Mech) Engineering / Naval Arch. with minimum of 50% marks in final year and with 50% minimum marks in English language at 10th or 12th or in Degree Exam.

Merchant Navy entrance exam ;

The All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year for following courses;

B.Tech NAVAL ARCHITECURE & SHIP BUILDING (4 years) Qualification -Pass HSC OR 10+2 from a recognised board with 50% average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Maximum age-25 years.

B.Tech – MARINE ENGINEERING:

Qualification -Pass HSC OR 10+2 from a recognised with 60% average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Maximum age-25 years
B.Sc NAUTICAL SCIENCE: Qualification -Pass HSC OR 10+2 from a recognised with 60% average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) Maximum age-25 years
1st September 2013, 04:35 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

You can opt for career into Merchant after 10th or 12th.

A Merchant navy career is idol only for those with an adventurous bent of mind and a traveler spirit .The enviable pay package offered in the career is enough to overcome the drudgery of spending never ending days on sea.After completing merchant navy courses in

India,you can draw a salary ranging between rs.12,000 to rs.8 lakhs a month.

You can download an online application from from the website -www.fleetshipmartime.com

best of luck!!!!!!!!!
1st September 2013, 08:27 PM
KULWINDER.KK

Smile Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoirsomesh View Post
Plz do the needfull..
HELLO

I SUGGEST YOU TO FIRST GET INDULGE IN PRE-SEA TRAINING

HERE IS SITE WWW.DGSHIPPING.COM

PRE SEA TRAINING => In this course you will get proper training of maintenance of engine as well as deck . It is also known as G.P.R (General Purpose Training) you can join this course after 10th with minimum aggregate percentage of 40% with Mathematics, science and English as compulsory subject and should have 40% marks in each of them. The time duration of this course is 06 months and age limit is joining this course is 17 to 25 years.

SECONDLY, DO MARINE ENGINEERING DIPLOMA FOR 2 YEARS OR BSC. NAUTICAL ENGINEERING.

AFTER JOINING , AT TRAINING SESSION THEY GIVE 15000-20000 SALARY AS STIPENED.

REGARDS
KULWINDER KAUR
4th November 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

If i Had little number in my eyesight does it is eligible?
17th February 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

if a person using spactecle and no eye sight 6/6 then there is no carrier in merchant navy
5th March 2014, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

I am having the spectacles with number. In right eye -0.75, and in left eye -1.so it is elligible
28th April 2014, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

if a person using spactecle and no eye sight 6/6 then there is no carrier in merchant navy?
23rd August 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

For those who got 85% above in physics, chemistry but 35% in
mathematics.... Are they eligible
13th November 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

I m interested in medical and Marchant both of this so any job available for me in Marchant ???
4th December 2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Hello everyone
I will complete my graduation in marine science b.sc so I eligible for joint marchant navby
Or indian navvy ?? How I can joint ??
5th February 2016, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

After passing 12 science can I get job in marchant navy without any course after 12 ?
17th May 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I am going to pass 12th in March 2017, Can I apply for Merchant Navy in November-December 2016.
11th July 2016, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 2 with PCB from CBSE with 72% marks can i join navy
30th August 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 10 std with 79.20 % can i join merchant navy and im fit...
22nd September 2016, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir l have completed 12th science with additional subject technical. I got Mark 57percent .can l join merchant navy
29th March 2017, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir how can I join merchant navy I have completed my 12th class with 86%in CBSE board. What should do first now please tell me sir
31st May 2017, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir :I have a question if I read to commerce 12th pass in 60 percnt but 10th class my results is Best but math percent is low can i ask for you if I join to merchant navy this is possible for me please reply for me hurry up
Thanks Sir; Ok
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?