18th December 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy while in B.Tech 1st year

sir may, i join merchant navy,,,, in btech 1st year,,, if yes then plz telll methe procedure

14th June 2016, 11:34 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy while in B.Tech 1st year

It is not possible to join merchant navy just after completing 1st year of B.TECH, it is necessary to complete entire four year course of engineering in order to join merchant navy.

If you are studying B.TECH in marine engineering then you have to wait for more three years and after completing the course, you can merchant navy , in the mid way it is not possible to join merchant navy. Apart from marine engineering, mechanical engineering is another way to join merchant navy after doing several diploma and short term courses to join merchant navy.

Nautical science course is another option to join merchant navy, a three year bachelor degree course is the best option to join merchant navy. Only above three mention courses are best suited for merchant navy, apart from these three no other courses are there to join merchant navy easily.

Hence you need to wait and complete your four year course of engineering and then apply for merchant navy after finishing the bachelor degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?