20th October 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

How to join the Pilot course while pursuing B.Tech in CSE

Good evening ,THis is Raghuath.And i'am persuing my Btech in cse.I 'am intrested in becoming a pilot.
PLease can any one help me regarding this.
Mail me at [email protected]

29th March 2013, 09:24 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join the Pilot course while pursuing B.Tech in CSE

Procedure to join Flying Branch

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) - Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam only for unmarried men. There will be psychological tests, group tests and personal interview for candidates who qualify in the written examination. Those who join flying branch through this scheme will be given permanent commission. Interested candidates in the age group of 19 and 23 years can apply for this exam during the months of April and September every year.

National Cadet Corps Special Entry - This special entry scheme is for the unmarried male candidates having ‘C’ certificate in NCC Air Wing Senior Division. Selected candidates can join through permanent commission. There is no written examination for joining flying branch through this scheme but there will be personal interview which will be conducted by Service Selection Board (SSB). Minimum of 60% marks is required for B.Tech course to apply through this scheme. The specified age limit to apply through this special entry scheme is between 19 and 23 years.

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission - Both unmarried men and women can apply through this scheme if they possess minimum of 60% marks during their B.Tech course. Age limit specified for this scheme is between 19 and 23 years while Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) holders can claim an upper age limit up to 25 years. Candidates can forward their application during the months of December and June every year to the concerned Command Head Quarters. They should qualify in the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).

Procedure to join Technical Branch

Direct Entry Scheme - Men and Women candidates having their age between 18 and 28 years can apply through this scheme. The age of unmarried applicants should be below 25 years. To apply through this scheme, one should have minimum of 60% marks in their B.Tech course.

University Entry Scheme (UES) - Those who are studying in the final semester of B.Tech course can apply through this scheme. Such candidates should have minimum of 60% aggregate up to last semester at the time of applying for or during AFSB testing. Also, they should not have any backlogs during the previous semesters. It is mandatory that they should obtain minimum of 60% aggregate on successful completion of B.Tech course. Only men candidates can forward their application as this scheme is under permanent commission.

Candidates applying through both these schemes should qualify the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). Applications can be submitted during the month of December every year.
29th March 2013, 10:19 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

You can become pilot through these exam;-

CDS - Combined Defence Service
AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test

To tell about the CDS Exam it is one of the defence service exam and is carried out by UPSC every year.Regarding the AFCAT exam it is classified as:
Ground Duty Branch

Flying Branch

Technical Branch

There has been certain eligibility criteria's framed for writing these exams respectively and you must satisfy them to apply for the respected exam for which you want to apply for.

Eligibility for CDS:

> The candidate applying for the CDS exam must be a citizen of India.

> Unmarried male candidate are only eligible to apply for the CDS Exam as the candidate should note.

> The age limit for joining in Indian Air Force is that you must have a age limit of 19-23 years.

> The education qualification for the CDS exam for joining in Indian Air force is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university.

> Candidate should seek that they are physically fit while appearing for the CDS Exam as it is a important physical standard.

Eligibility for AFCAT:

AFCAT is classified int o3 branches and you must satisfy the eligibility criteria for the respected branch in which you want to apply.

Ground Duty Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 20-27 years.

Candidate must have completed a degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate.

Flying Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 19-23 years

Candidate and must have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech with 60% aggregate.

Technical Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 18-28 years

Candidate must have completed a degree in Aeronautical Engineering with 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy these criteria's then you can apply for the exam.

ALL THE BEST
7th February 2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

i am a female candidate and want to become a commercial pilot ,and i do not have through knowledge of how to apply for it.(i.e. for which couse ) and i am persuing B.E. FROM C.S.E. (3rd year) FROM R.G.P.V. UNIVERSITY.. SO KINGLY provide some guidence for me .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?