14th November 2017, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

How many years I need to study to become a doctor of medicine and surgery? What to study?

How many years do I need to study to become a doctor of medicine and surgery? What to study? I am looking forward to achieving my goal but need to know what should be the best ways to follow. Hope that I will get some help from here. Thanks!

15th November 2017, 07:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years I need to study to become a doctor of medicine and surgery? What to study?

First you need to pursue Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course from any medical college of India approved by Medical Council of India. The admission in MBBS and BDS course is given on basis of rank of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is a national level all India entrance exam conducted by CBSE. Candidates with PCB subjects in 12th can apply for this exam. The marks in 12th should not be less than 50%. It is of 4.5 years duration after that you can do internship or practice as doctor in hospitals. You should apply for NEET exam first in order to get admission in MBBS course.
15th November 2017, 08:07 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years I need to study to become a doctor of medicine and surgery? What to study?

The duration of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course is 5.5 years. Here duration includes one year of compulsory internship.

1. You should study MBBS course if you want to become doctor. To study this course, you should apply for NEET exam.

2. PCB candidates of 10+2 with 50% can apply for NEET 2018.
15th November 2017, 08:23 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The number of years to be studied for becoming a doctor is generally 6 years. MBBS course is of duration 5 years and there is training or internship of one year in every medical college.

After completion of MBBS degree, a person can practice either on a private clinic or at public health care centers.

Admission in MBBS course is done on basis of NEET exam. NEET is for biology candidates who has secured 50% marks in 10+2.
15th November 2017, 12:47 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You need to study MBBS course of duration 4.5 years and then do training for one year before you can practice as new doctor in any health care centre.

For admission in MBBS course, you should apply for NEET exam.

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Candidates should have studied PCB subjects in 12th and score at least 50% marks for this exam.
15th November 2017, 04:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You need to study for 5 years which is total duration of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. MBBS candidates after completion of course need to undergo training for one to two year then they become full fledged doctors.

Science stream with PCB subject group candidates can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for getting admission in MBBS course. You need to have minimum of 50% marks in 12th to apply for NEET exam.
15th November 2017, 04:52 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

To be a doctor of Medicine and surgery, you need to do masters in the same field.

You have to first graduate as a doctor after the MBBS (5 years) and then you have to apply for the masters.

The masters course is of 3 years.

So, after 12th, if you do not drop any year, you have to study for 8 years at least.
15th November 2017, 05:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

What to study:

You need to study Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Admission in MBBS course in any medical college of India through NEET exam.

NEET exam conducted by CBSE. The minimum percentage of marks required is 50% in 10+2.

How many years to study:

The duration of MBBS course is 4.5 years in India. There is training of one year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?