24th December 2018, 03:47 PM

How many years will it take to complete MBBS if I start after completion of B.Sc Nursing?

I am student at university of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka faculty of Medicine. I want to pursue MBBS after finishing my Nursing degree. Then how many years will I have to study for MBBS if I start after completion of Nursing course?

26th December 2018, 10:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years will it take to complete MBBS if I start after completion of B.Sc Nursing?

MBBS is five year course and it will take five year after the B.Sc Nursing to complete the course.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course. There is no provision of lateral admission in the course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET for admission in the course.
27th December 2018, 11:46 AM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: How many years will it take to complete MBBS if I start after completion of B.Sc Nursing?

MBBS is a full time 5 years course, which includes 4 years of learning and 1 year internship as a junior doctor which is compulsory. So no matter whether you've completed any previous degree or not, if you take up MBBS after your BSc Nursing, you would have to continue it for the next 5 years.
28th December 2018, 10:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry in MBBS course. It is five year course. The entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course.

So,you will have to appear and qualify in NEET for admission in the course. So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?