14th February 2016, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

How much marks should I score in +2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?

How many mark should i score in +2 to study btech marine engineering and which entrance exam i should write to study marine engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  3. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  4. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  5. After finishing Electrical and Electronics Engineering Diploma how can i study Marine Engineering?
  6. Can I study marine engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  7. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  8. How to study Marine engineering from Abroad on part time basis? Fees including hostel?
  9. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  10. Is marine engineering a good course to study? Is it a good course for girls?
  11. How to do marine engineering after passing 12th?
  12. How can I apply for any Marine engineering course having 80% in 12th?
  13. How to do marine engineering if I am a electrical and electronics engineering student?
  14. What to do to join marine engineering courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in India?
  15. Marks required to do marine engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical degree course? What is the fee structure?
  16. Information regarding Cut off marks to get admission for Marine Engineering in Tamil Nadu? Best Colleges offering Marine Engineering course?
  17. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma? I have scored 85% marks
  18. Can marine engineering only be done after graduating in mechanical engineering by doing GME course?
14th February 2016, 04:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks should I score in +2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many mark should i score in +2 to study btech marine engineering and which entrance exam i should write to study marine engineering
Some of the top marine engineering colleges in India includes:
  • IIT Kharagpur
  • IIT Madras
  • Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
  • CMC Maritime Academy, Chennai
  • Chennai School of Ship Management, Chennai
  • AMET University, Chennai
  • Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore
  • CV Rama College of Engineering, Bhubaneshwar
  • HIMT College, Kanchipuram, Chennai
  • Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training, Kilpauk, Chennai

Now, to get entry to these institutes you will have to crack JEE Advanced Exam.

And to appear for JEE Advanced Exam, you must qualify JEE Main Exam that is conducted by CBSE.

About 40% weight-age is given to 10+2 marks in JEE Main Exam for framing merit list.

You must opt for subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in +2 and secure above 80% marks at least to secure rank.

Also, you will have to secure decent marks in Main Exam (at least above 250) to be eligible for JEE Advanced Exam.
14th February 2016, 05:59 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much marks should I score in +2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?

For marine engineering admission , you will have atleast 60% in board exam & 160 score in JEE for reputed institute admission.

Eligibility
- You should have passed (10+2) with Physics , Chemistry & Maths from a recognized board.
- You also require to qualify the entrance exam JEE for admission in engineering.

Top Institutes Offering Marine Engineering
- Indian Maritime University , Chennai
- Vels Academy of Maritime Studies , Chennai
- Tolani Maritime Institute , Mumbai
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training , Pune
- International Maritime Institute , Noida
- International Maritime Academy , Chennai
- Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering , Kolkata
- Coimbatore Marine College
- Academy of Maritime Education & Training
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies , Mumbai

Marine Engineer Job Types
- Port Manager
- Ship Operator
- Marine Surveyor
- Ship Manager
- Marine Educator
15th February 2016, 12:05 AM
pabolu srivalli

B.tech in Marine Engineering is the 4 years bachelors of technology course of study and this course is the 8 semester course and candidates with 12th with at least 60% of the marks are required in order to appear for the B.Tech in Marine engineering course of study

This Marine Engineering is related to the study of marine and the jobs are will be related to the field of marine metals and corrosion,renewable energy,remote sensing,marine transportation,global climate monitoring,etc.

Marine Engineering is one of the highly rewarding career prospect and this course is done in 4 years and there are certain minimum criteria to appear for this course and through the entrance test you can appear for this course such as
  1. Should not have exceeded 25 years of age limit
  2. Should possess 12th with at least 60% of the marks and specific entrance examination marks

If you possess the above criteria you can appear for the Marine engineering course
15th May 2018, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much marks should I score in 2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?

Are girls safe for marine engineering?how many of them are studying?what is the 12th cutoff?
23rd May 2020, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much marks should I score in 2 to study B.Tech in Marine engineering?

what marks we want to score in maths physics and chemistry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?