3rd October 2011, 06:54 AM
FAIZ0107

How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?

How much persantile are requared to get IIT , in GATE.Which companies are prefered GATE scor cord?

Related Questions:
  1. GATE exam validity is for 1 or 2 years?
  2. Colleges accepting low percentile in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get a chance to do post graduation at IIT if scored 23 in GATE?
  4. Which of the PSU companies will take admission through GATE score card?
  5. Which courses should I opt for after completion of BE in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  6. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  7. What are the career options for M.Tech after scoring 474 in GATE with 96.96 percentile?
  8. How many times can I appear for GATE exam? How much GATE score is required for admission in IIT Delhi or DCE?
  9. Admission in IIT through GATE score? What is the GATE cutoff for BARC?
  10. Can I get admission in IIT if secured 99.55 percentile in GATE-Electrical being a general candidate?
  11. Will my son get admission in IITs or IISc with a score of 627 in GATE Exam?
  12. Will I qualify GATE with 20.67 marks in Mechanical Stream? Will I get a Government College? How much percentile can I score?
  13. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology? -- [New]
  14. Admission in IITs after GATE score of 464 with 95.14 percentile belonging to OBC category?
  15. Could I get through GATE after scoring 206 in GATE, 67 percentile?
  16. Details about GATE admit card? How can I get duplicate valid GATE score card?
  17. What are the suitable master degree courses like MBA after completing B.E ECE?
  18. On what basis are the students admitted to NIT for M.Tech?
3rd October 2011, 01:45 PM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?

TO GET ADMISSION IN IITS OR IISC
out of 1000,you need to get about 650 to get admission in IITs if you are a bc candidate...

for MBC,candidate need to score above 600...

for oc ,candidate need to score above 750...

all the best for all those who prepare for GATE 2012
3rd October 2011, 02:34 PM
K.Bala Kishore

Default Re: How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?

hi friend,
admission into IIT based on percentile depends upon the current year GATE cut-off score.
GATE score cardis very valuable and those who are qualified in GATE can directly attend for the interview of NTPC.

GOOD LUCK
3rd October 2011, 02:48 PM
1234sunil

Default Re: How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?

Actually you willl not get to know how much exactly is the cut off .you need to take up gate exam (branch based eg: mechanical (ME)) once they release the results ,gate organizing committee sets a cut off accordingly the highest mark scored by a candidate in that particular gate exam compared to no of seats available they will shortlist for joining iit's..even if u qualify the cut off marks your not guaranteed of joining iit it depends on cut off particular IIT,if u qualify gate u can apply for any of the university in INDIA for mtech and earn 8000 scholarship.. INDIAN OIL and other Public sector companies prefer GATE.
3rd October 2011, 06:01 PM
tejesh_09

Generally there is no limit of percentage of marks in GATE exam to entry in to IIT, it differs from college to college but at least 60% to 70% marks will be a moderate score.
PSU like NTPC, IOC, NALCO preferred GATE score cord.
3rd October 2011, 06:21 PM
neha bh

As for GATE you should have complete knowledge of your subjects.
GATE paper is not difficult as make it by the student.
you should just concentrate on the the subjects concepts.

as regarding to percentile it is above 96.

regards
neha
3rd October 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I want expected questions of science 10th class regular 2011 (kashmir board of school education)
3rd October 2011, 09:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

A GATE score of 600 out of 1000 is considered a very good score and can get you a seat in an IIT. More the GATE score, more your chances of getting an IIT. However, companies demanding a GATE scorecard will depend upon the status of a company and its market value. Anyways 600 and above is a decent score and should be acceptable to most companies. You should work hard to get a good score.
31st October 2011, 03:34 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hello friend,

no you are not eligible for GATE entrance exam.

eligibility criteria for GATE exam:_

**educational qualification is graduation in engineering or master degree graduation.

**there is no age limit

**you can attend more times

**final year graduates are also apply for this exam

**wait for one year and then apply

prepare well

all the best..................
5th January 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum gate score to join in any IIT?
7th January 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate exam to get in top 100
what books are to be followed????????????
26th March 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

which books should refer for the GATE exam for computer science
28th March 2012, 01:47 AM
hariks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIZ0107 View Post
How much persantile are requared to get IIT , in GATE.Which companies are prefered GATE scor cord?
Ranks below 100-IISC
Ranks below 500-IIT Bombay,IIT Delhi ,IIT Madras,IIT Kanpur
Ranks below 1000-IIT Kharagpur,IIT Guwahati,IIT Roorke

For public sector(PSU),They may call upto 3000 ranks for GD and Interview
We can apply for BARC with valid score card,Last date for applying-31st March
16th April 2012, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

my gate marks is 348....rank 12219.....mechanical branch...... should i apply to any iit or nit.???/.....is there any chance for admission.....or in any company...?????
15th October 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir... my gate AIR in XL Life Sciences is 471 and score 426, is there any chance for admission in IITs ( BIOMEdical , bioengineering, or boitech)
18th October 2012, 06:34 PM

I think cut off mark is 600 approx in order to join IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?