16th August 2010, 06:48 PM
chatterjee.aparna

How to prepare for GRE? Coaching classes for the same? I am pursuing computer science and engineering

hi,
I'm currently pursuing my final year in computer science and engineering.
I would like to know how to prepare for GRE. should i join any coaching classes or is it possible for me to prepare at home?
please suggest me a few good coaching classes in chennai.

thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for GRE? I am pursuing B.Tech in computer science engineering
  2. List of coaching classes to prepare for GRE and TOEFL in Pune? -- [New]
  3. List of coaching classes in Kolkata for preparation of GRE?
  4. List of best coaching classes available in Bangalore for GRE and TOEFL?
  5. When should I appear in GRE to study MS in Abroad being a B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) final year student? Syllabus, books and coaching classes for preparation in Bangalore Rural?
  6. How to prepare for GATE and GRE without any coaching? I am pursuing final year in Civil Engineering
  7. How can I prepare to crack GRE? Coaching classes for preparation in Bangalore?
  8. List of coaching classes in Chennai and suitable books for preparation of GRE?
  9. Eligibility criteria and reputed universities in US for M.S.? How to prepare and when GRE will be conducted? Difference between GRE and GMAT?
  10. When should I apply for GRE if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 2nd year? How much should I score in GRE to get admission in leading universities of UK?
  11. Which is the best book for GRE? What is the revised version of GRE? Is there any difference in the exam pattern?
  12. Details information, preparation, list of the coaching classes in Pune & Hyderabad examination date and minimum marks required to qualify in GRE and TOEFL? Best university for M.S. in USA?
  13. Materials to prepare for GRE test of Computer Science?
  14. List of best GRE coaching centers to get admission in the top foreign universities?
  15. List of Coaching Centers to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. List of Coaching Centers to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science?
  17. How to select coaching centers for GRE and TOEFL
  18. How to prepare for IPS exam while pursuing engineering from computer science?
21st April 2013, 07:25 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Talking Re: How to prepare for GRE? Coaching classes for the same? I am pursuing computer science and engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterjee.aparna View Post
hi,
I'm currently pursuing my final year in computer science and engineering.
I would like to know how to prepare for GRE. should i join any coaching classes or is it possible for me to prepare at home?
please suggest me a few good coaching classes in chennai.

thank you.
GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination

I tell you the tips according to GRE exam pattern .

1] Antonym type questions :-

You may not have come across them till now, but they are very much a part of the GRE paper and they are trick questions. They look simple, as all you need to do is, look for the word in the given options that best describes the opposite of the word that has been marked in the sentence. This does sound like child’s play, but it is actually quite tough. You need to practice a lot of them, during you preparation.

2] Vocabulary issues :-

In case you are looking clear the Graduate Record Exam then you really needs to work on your vocabulary. Here the question arises. How to study for GRE Vocabulary issues? There are a million words that you are going to come across that boggle your mind and you will not know what they mean and they threaten to make to forget the words that you actually know. So, you need to improve your vocabulary as that is a major area where you get tested in this Graduate Record Exam.

3] Practice makes a man/woman get through GRE :-

You may know that the GRE is a computer adaptive test and thus, it is necessary that you be acquainted with the environment of the examination. To help you out with this, ETS provides you with many practice tests and you will slowly come into sync with the procedure of the Graduate Record Exam and how you need to manage your time on different questions of the paper. These mock papers for the exam are available on the internet and thus you can go through them and try solving them whenever you are free. You need to bear in mind that the more you get used to the paper, the faster you will solve the questions as you will be prepared for the questions that are going to be thrown at you.

4] Math to make you forget everything :-

The math problems that are present in the GRE paper are sure to cause a bit of a headache and that is not because they are tough, but because they have been worded in a manner to leave you blank, even though they are simple questions that you might have solved bazillion times in your high school. The sums that include geometry or simple calculations will feel like scientific questions and you need to keep you cool when you see them and only focus on the calculations that need to be done and not on the story that has been woven around the problem. You need not worry and have to start doing these simple sums so that you get used to them and slowly look to increase your speed in these sums.

5] Time is the deciding factor :-

There is nothing more important than time and you need to make sure that you start your preparation well in advance so that there is ample time for you to work on your weak areas and you are relaxed while you are preparing. If you leave things for the last moment, then there are very slim chances that you are going to clear the examination.

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best..................
5th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE? Coaching classes for the same? I am pursuing computer science and engineering

which are the best classes for mpsc in mumbai ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?