17th December 2010, 04:38 PM
vedachalam

How to prepare for LIC AAO Exam? Model question papers and exam pattern of it?

how to preare for the lic aao aao exam and what is the question paper modle, how will be the exam pattern and give me some tips to prepare the exam in a better way
and also give the tips of how to attend the exam in a given time
please send me the answer to [email protected]

15th July 2011, 01:15 PM
Neha P.
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for LIC AAO Exam? Model question papers and exam pattern of it?

LIC AAO Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, Selection Process details:
LIC AAO Eligibility details:
Nationality: The candidate should be a Indian.

Age limit: 21-30 years age relaxation for specified reserved candidates as per govt rules.

Education qualification: AAO (Generalist): Bachelor Degree with 55% (45% for SC-ST) from recognized university.
AAO (CA): An associate member of the institute of charted accountants of India (ICAI)
AAO(Company Secretary): A member of the institute of company secretaries of India (ICSI)
AAO (Legal): LL.B. with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and minimum three years experience at the Bar.

LIC AAO Exam Pattern details:
LIC AAO Exam pattern consists of written test and interview
Written test: This is objective test with 4 sections Time 2 hrs for 140 Marks
1. Reasoning Ability
2. Numeric Ability
3. General Knowledge & Current Affairs
4. English Language with special emphasis on grammar and vocabulary

Descriptive paper: Test of essay, Précis and Comprehension in English. Time 1 hour For 50 Marks.

Interview: Depending upon the no of vacancies those who qualified with high marks of merit are called for interview in the ration of 1:3.

LIC AAO Syllabus details:
LIC AAO Syllabus consists of written test
Written test this is test of objective test with 4 sections and descriptive paper.
Objective test
1. Reasoning Ability
2. Numeric Ability
3. General Knowledge & Current Affairs
4. English Language with special emphasis on grammar and vocabulary

Descriptive paper: Test of essay, Précis and Comprehension in English.

LIC AAO Selection Process details:
LIC AAO Selection Process will be based on the performance in the written test and interview.

Written test: This is test of 2 papers objective paper and descriptive paper
Interview: Those who qualified the written test with merit ranking called for interview

Final Selection: The candidates who have qualified with high marks in written test and interview will be selected for the post.

I am givinf you a link, visit this you will get a question paper and you will get an idea regarding the type of question :
http://education.latestt.com/questionpapers/paperlists.aspx?CatId=561&CatName=LIC-AAO-Question-Papers
15th July 2011, 05:50 PM
rhl_paul

Default Re: How to prepare for LIC AAO Exam? Model question papers and exam pattern of it?

you can get model papers from books of kiran and arihant.get hold of them

brush up your reasoning ad numerical ability,english and general awareness.
17th July 2011, 12:13 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

HERE ARE SOME DETAILS OF THE EXAM AND THE USEFUL BOOKS-
LIC will be recruiting around 375 AAO Officers in 2011. Read the notification here. The last date of application is December 14, 2010. The test will be conducted on February 2011. In this post we will be discussing about AAO Syllabus, Books and tips.

LIC AAO Selection Procedure

Candidates need to appear for written test. Selected candidates will be invited for interview followed by a medical test. Based on the written test a total of 1125 candidates will be called for interview. Candidates need to score minimum marks for interview. The minimum marks of interview as well as the test will be decided by LIC board. Based on the interview performance and medical test 375 candidates will be selected.

LIC AAO Syllabus

There are 2 main sections in LIC AAO. Paper 1 is Objective 2 hours and 140 marks. The subjects in the test will be Reasoning, Numerical Ability, GK & English Language. Paper 2 is descriptive 1 hours and 50 marks. The subjects in the test are Essay Writing, Precise Writing and Comprehension. Please note that candidates will be ranked based on Paper 1 only. Candidates need to just pass in Paper 2. The question paper of Paper 1 will be in English as well as Hindi. In Paper 2, candidates can write essay either in English or Hindi. Precise writing will be only in English.

The test will be conducted only for AAO Generalists. Those who have applied for AAO Chartered Accountant, Legal or Secretary will have to appear for only interview.

LIC AAO Books

lic_aao_booksThere are several books in the market that can help you prepare for the test. Candidates have roughly 2.5 months to prepare for the test. It is advisable to prepare with a book so that you can stick to a syllabus and work out as many questions as possible. We have identified some books in the market. You can buy it online from Flipkart with 25% discount and free shipping for orders above Rs. 100. You can pay by credit card, net banking or pay on delivery. You will not get discounts if you buy these books from book shops.

Recommended Books (Select 1 and prepare)

LIC AAO Exam Guide (English) from RPH Editorial (Rs. 340/ Now Rs. 313). Buy now
LIC AAO Exam Guide (Hindi) from RPH Editorial (Rs. 340/ Now Rs. 313). Buy now
LIC AAO Exam Guide (English) from Dawson (Rs. 265/ Now 252). Buy Now
Guide to LIC AAO (English) from GK Publishers (Rs. 240/ Now Rs.182). Buy now
LIC/GIC Sahayak Prashasnik Adhikari Hindi from GK Publishers (Rs. 295/ Now 280). Buy now

LIC AAO Exam Preparation Tips

Here are some tips that will be useful for LIC AAO written exams.

Roughly 1125 candidates will be called for interview. So your goal is to get to the interview list by scoring the maximum marks.
There are roughly 2.5 months for the written test. So make sure that you cover the prescribed sylabus in time.
Only Paper 1 be used for ranking. Candidates need to pass Paper 2. So importance need to given to paper 1 to score maximum marks.
The syllabus of LIC AAO is not entirely different from any others exams like Bank exams. So those who have prepared for other exams will find this exam relatively easy.
In paper 1 there are four sections namely Reasoning, Numerical Ability, GK & English Language. Out of these sections candidates can score maximum in GK and English in less time. The time saved from these questions can be used to work out questions on Reasoning and Numerical Ability.
There is no information on negative marking for wrong answers. In that case candidates can attempt all questions. Please confirm before attempting the exam that there is no negative marking.
It is good to find the sections you are weak and devote more time to it.
Please do not forget that you need to pass Paper 2. Most candidates give very less importance to this paper and not even clear.
17th July 2011, 01:05 PM
rhl_paul

hey,aao exam is quite similar to Bank Po exam.

try to get perfect in your time managment by applying shortcut methods.

give more time to verbal and non verbal reasoning.

and study general awareness magazines like RENU,Pratiyogita darpan etc.
8th December 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

'Career Quest Institute For Interview Training' is devoted coaching for all interviews. It is trusted for govt job interviews. Contact no. are 09811 29 9811 and 09990840999
12th December 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for LIC AAO Exam? Model question papers and exam pattern of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
'Career Quest Institute For Interview Training' is devoted coaching for all interviews. It is trusted for govt job interviews. Contact no. are 09811 29 9811 and 09990840999
Yes I did coaching at career quest for my bank special officer (UBI). It is good. You can depend on it.- Satish
13th March 2013, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

I have pass Blic (Bechlore of Libreriy & Information Science) with 70%, After Graduation (B.A.) 49% and AAO recruitment need 55% in Graduat so pleace give me information, i can Apply ar not for this (AAO) post
16th March 2013, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

plz send me the shortcut methods for numerical and reasoning ability sections for lIc exam
22nd March 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i Have completed graduate with 54.9% and AAO recruitment need 55% in Graduate so pleace give me information, i can Apply are not for this (AAO) post.
2nd April 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i have completed master of finance and control with 65%.i want shortcut methods for numerical and reasoning ability
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?